Education in America

I give it 10 years then it’s over.  

The real estate tax savings are going to be necessary anyway to compensate for your 15 percent interest rate - but housing costs that hold because the government continues to subsidize it.   

Democrats turned their back on manufacturing.  They’ll do the same with education.  

• Agree 2

SAT score since 1972 are up very slightly (roughly 10%).  This is especially troubling given the SAT resources now available.  Also, there are no statistics cited regarding student that take the test multiple times or "super-scoring".  In the age before the internet, you were lucky to find a book regarding the SAT (I was lucky, my parents found one for me at the mall).  I knew no one that took the test more than once (mid 80's).

Average SAT Scores Over Time: 1972–2022

The fact that scores have improved so little over 50 years speaks for itself. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I give it 10 years then it’s over.  

The real estate tax savings are going to be necessary anyway to compensate for your 15 percent interest rate - but housing costs that hold because the government continues to subsidize it.   

Democrats turned their back on manufacturing.  They’ll do the same with education.  

it seems that anyone that can afford it. sends their kids to private or moves to the burbs for the good schools. if they can't afford that, its home schooling.

for a number of reasons.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

it seems that anyone that can afford it. sends their kids to private or moves to the burbs for the good schools. if they can't afford that, its home schooling.

for a number of reasons.

Even in the burbs at least mine, it’s deteriorating.  We’re in and paying property tax for a top tier school cluster in an excellent system, or at least it was. 

The DEI stuff is driving to the top of the agenda and scores are continuing to drop. 

lots of white male bashing, not so much with the math and science. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Precision said:

SAT score since 1972 are up very slightly (roughly 10%).  This is especially troubling given the SAT resources now available.  Also, there are no statistics cited regarding student that take the test multiple times or "super-scoring".  In the age before the internet, you were lucky to find a book regarding the SAT (I was lucky, my parents found one for me at the mall).  I knew no one that took the test more than once (mid 80's).

And explains how we got MAGA.  So many morons out there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

This is exactly true.  Many people voted for Trump to combat the morons in Washington. 

There is an element of truth that a group of morons (now, MAGA) voted for an unprincipled, lawless moron (Trump) because they disliked a candidate totally bereft of emotional intelligence (Hillary), whose 2016 campaign might be the greatest set of blunders I can recall in modern politics.  But it doesn’t change the fact that MAGA is comprised principally of morons.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

There is an element of truth that a group of morons (now, MAGA) voted for an unprincipled, lawless moron (Trump) because they disliked a candidate totally bereft of emotional intelligence (Hillary), whose 2016 campaign might be the greatest set of blunders I can recall in modern politics.  But it doesn’t change the fact that MAGA is comprised principally of morons.  

yeah, true.  Not nearly as deranged as the Marxist fools on the other side of the aisle.  I mean, Marxism...  Think about that for a moment.

21 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Brainwashing young minds.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The only talented people that go into public education these days are idealists.  The teaching profession is still undervalued and now under attack.  And you wonder why results are worsening and so many educators are progressive.  Compassion and idealism are not characteristics of the vast majority of MAGA's, not to mention that fluency in subjects like calculus and chemistry are as rare as hens teeth among the group.

3 hours ago, Precision said:

And the SAT has gotten easier in the last few years, for the losers.  Just churning out more stupid people to vote Dem someday. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Content in textbooks has always been an issue. When I went to school, they never taught about the massacre at Black Wall Street in Oklahoma or a whole bunch of other uncomfortable truths in our history. Heck, in Catholic school, Jesus was always a white guy. 

Teaching and healthcare are two fields where instead of bitching about it, go submit an employment application. Both fields can certainly use the help. It’s easy to complain but much, much harder to do the work.