Rodgers Traded to Jets Officially

Dablitzkrieg

10 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Jets will challenge for the division this year; we are in a period of regression and now this.

They absolutely will, but I think Buffalo wins it by a narrow margin. McDermott taking over the defense could potentially be huge + Rousseau taking the next step (he has steadily improved each year from 4 to 8 sacks in year 2) along w/ Elam. Cook & Shakir also for the offense. The roster is going to be much improved this year as the young players in key positions continue to develop.

It also depends on Rodgers. If he returns to 2021 form then a wildcard for Buffalo is very possible. No way is he as bad as he was last year, I think he will be somewhere in the middle. Jets & Miami are no longer free wins and that’s a fact. Those days are over. Jets will be the true rival this year. I think Saleh is the real deal. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

23 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

We looked like an elite team the first half of the season.  Not the second half.  Wonder which Bills squad shows up this season.  

I have been a fan since the  Bills inception in the old AFL. They are my team but I try to be objective. I think we have three players at this time who I would maybe say are elite. Maybe. That does not constitute an elite "team" in my opinion. We have holes in our offensive line. A very limited running game which puts pressure on the passing (Diggs/Josh) game. Our defense is also very good but not elite. So, we have a good-very good team. We saw both in the two halves of last season. I also think this assessment applies to the overall assessment of the franchise. Very good not elite.

• Agree 1

I'm actually liking the hype they're getting, as well as Buffalo getting disrespected,  especially on NYC sports radio. They're delusional.  Haven't had a winning season in a decade and really think they're SB bound now.

I love Buf being overlooked vs last off season being SB favorites and the darlings of the NFL 

14 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Of course the players knew about the hype and how good they were. That's was never in dispute. 

I'm saying that the media and fan hype had little effect on the Bills season. These guy are pros and know how to properly focus themselves. Of course, during a season teams will be flat or play poorly and vice versa. 

However, I'm not buying the Bills hype and their fragile egos played a significant role in last season. 

fair enough, agree to disagree....

I think the media is small part of it, it is a sum of multiple things, the largest factor is of course human ego. Does it make a huge difference, who knows and probably not.  However, I think mind set matters, and I wan t o see a HUNGRY and humble team expecting to TAKE the damn superbowl and Lombardi, not one that thinks they were ordained for it. 

7 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Rodgers is a great QB, with a 11-10 playoff record. Mahomes is 11-3. The Jets are the Jets. AFC is a bear. 

Oh I agree. Rodgers is not Mahomes. He’ll make the Jets better but Bills should still win the division.

My reply was to a bad take.

8 hours ago, 90sBills said:

This argument falls flat with Mahomes because he has been to the Superbowl 3 times and won 2 of them. Winning the division is just a stepping stone to the ultimate goal. So can’t knock a guy that’s already proven. 

@Billl made the argument about the significance of Josh Allen not having to beat elite QB's in his division.   Not me.   It's irrelevant.   Tom Brady never had to beat a then-elite QB in division and he's the GOAT.  Neither did Aaron Rodgers in the AFC North.    My point was that it was an ill conceived criticism of Allen and the Bills and you are correct that it therefore applies to making the same criticism of Mahomes or any successful QB.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

fair enough, agree to disagree....

I think the media is small part of it, it is a sum of multiple things, the largest factor is of course human ego. Does it make a huge difference, who knows and probably not.  However, I think mind set matters, and I wan t o see a HUNGRY and humble team expecting to TAKE the damn superbowl and Lombardi, not one that thinks they were ordained for it. 

Curious to ask who or what team do you think had a mindset that they were "ordained" to win it all? Strange comment...

Are you suggesting the Bills players weren't humble or hungry? If not, what team or players are you referring too? Another odd statement...

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Curious to ask who or what team do you think had a mindset that they were "ordained" to win it all? Strange comment...

Are you suggesting the Bills players weren't humble or hungry? If not, what team or players are you referring too? Another odd statement...

The Bills.....

Im suggesting Id prefer them Humble and hungry....as opposed to being the "favorite".  Is that easier for you to understand? lol

28 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

@Billl made the argument about the significance of Josh Allen not having to beat elite QB's in his division.   Not me.   It's irrelevant.   Tom Brady never had to beat a then-elite QB in division and he's the GOAT.  Neither did Aaron Rodgers in the AFC North.    My point was that it was an ill conceived criticism of Allen and the Bills and you are correct that it therefore applies to making the same criticism of Mahomes or any successful QB.

Right on. He’s not a fan of the Bills so that argument is expected. The Jets improved with Rodgers but I don’t think it’s enough to win the East. Allen is still the best in the division and Bills should win it. Getting the #1 seed will be alot more difficult though. 

38 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

The Bills.....

Im suggesting Id prefer them Humble and hungry....as opposed to being the "favorite".  Is that easier for you to understand? lol

Your logic is flawed. One can be the favorite and still be humble and hungry. 

Is that easier for you to understand? Lol

10 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Especially when the Bills hasn’t earned that lofty expectation last year. It was very annoying and in the end the team ultimately crumbled under pressure. Hope it was a lesson for all not to be hyped by headlines. Let your accomplishments on the field dictate expectations. 

agree 100%

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Your logic is flawed. One can be the favorite and still be humble and hungry. 

Is that easier for you to understand? Lol

just as much as one can have their own ego get in the way of the goal.

And my preference is they are hungry and are either counted out or in a under dog role.

Is that easier for you to understand?

1 hour ago, Radar said:

I have been a fan since the  Bills inception in the old AFL. They are my team but I try to be objective. I think we have three players at this time who I would maybe say are elite. Maybe. That does not constitute an elite "team" in my opinion. We have holes in our offensive line. A very limited running game which puts pressure on the passing (Diggs/Josh) game. Our defense is also very good but not elite. So, we have a good-very good team. We saw both in the two halves of last season. I also think this assessment applies to the overall assessment of the franchise. Very good not elite.

You make a lot of valid and not untrue statements here but I feel like there is another train of thought that proves differently.

We have seen teams like the Jets and Dolphins for YEARS throw rosters together with elite free agents. Seems like every big name FA is linked to or signs with one of them. They have elite players...but are not elite as a team. It's a bunch of great players that don't compliment each other with a huge revolving door both at the player level and coaching level. There is a lack of on field leadership and team chemistry which leads to being mediocre. We saw the same thing here in Buffalo under Whaley. Added good players be it a fit or not.

The Bills on the other hand have a lot of good players that form to make a great team. Hyde and Poyer are an excellent example of this. On their own I don't know if either reaches the heights they have together. It's that way in a lot of the position rooms. Yes, the team has holes and needs upgrades. But they guys they do have are close and their skillset compliments each other well. That bring them up some levels in my opinion. The pieces put in place here for the most part fit what we do and that makes the machine run smoother so to speak.

the bills are built to play on a fast track.......it was sloppy vs playoff cincy

half the defense was out or playing injured vs that cincy game....von, daquan, hyde, poyer, white

some players like saffold were mentally fatigued after all the demar hamlin worries

the bills in the regular season beat themselves in all 3 losses.

the bills are a legit Top 5 team in league and will win the division.....yea the jets got better....but not enough to overtake buf

i say they put it all together this season...... 13-4 and to the super bowl

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What do you mean it was my argument?  I was responding to your statement that the Jets and Dolphins haven't proven that they could win a division against a team with an elite QB by saying that the same was true of the Bills.

It mattered enough for you to make the statement about NY and Miami, but you suddenly found it irrelevant as soon as the same logic was applied to Buffalo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.