Crime vs racism

Just now, redtail hawk said:

and has yet to produce a reference...

That's fine. I produced a couple. Engage the data.

The 2019 split according to the NCVS is closer to 84/16 than OP's figure of 85/15. So yeah totally bad faith poasting.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Precision said:

I don't believe his numbers, but you are the one that called them into doubt.  If you are saying the numbers are wrong, it is incumbent on you to prove they are incorrect.  He already provided his data.

he has one post in the thread that I see.  no reference despite the first reply asking for one.

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

That's fine. I produced a couple. Engage the data.

The 2019 split according to the NCVS is closer to 84/16 than OP's figure of 85/15. So yeah totally bad faith poasting.

except homicide and "violent crime" are not synonymous.  the numbers I linked are a closer approximation to that measure and are not even close. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

he has one post in the thread that I see.  no reference despite the first reply asking for one.

except homicide and "violent crime" are not synonymous.  the numbers I linked are a closer approximation to that measure and are not even close. 

As I implied but did not explicitly state: the NCVS doesn't capture homicide victimization because homicide victims are a tough interview.

And again, you aren't engaging the OP. He stated "violent crime." Which is what I addressed.

But in regard to homicide, in 2013 there were 598 homicides in which the races of both victim and offender were known and one was black while the other white.  Over 68% of these cases were black on white homicide.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Precision said:

Would love to see statistics from a credible source, can you post them?

You lazy DR? Why aren’t you asking the OP? 

18 minutes ago, Precision said:

I don't believe his numbers, but you are the one that called them into doubt.  If you are saying the numbers are wrong, it is incumbent on you to prove they are incorrect.  He already provided his data.

Another communist filled with

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jq4kgh9yhqor3x7f9j

Of course the cult isn’t going to ask a fellow cult member to back up his feels with sources. 

Fn idiots 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Of course the cult isn’t going to ask a fellow cult member to back up his feels with sources. 

Fn idiots 

Fn idiots 

I ain’t gonna lie, you’re a weird dude…👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

homocide again...and i am arguing with the op he's just not answering.

I've provided both homicide data and violent crime data generally (excluding homicide, but we can add the UCR stats to the NCVS stats if you want quick and dirty math).

The NCVS is violent crime other than homicide, in 2019 that split was 84/16 black on white/white on black.

The UCR homicide stats split was 70/30.

Homicide being rarer than the other violent crimes the final figure will be closer to the 84/16 than the 70/30.

But in both cases the victimization burden is much higher for whites than for blacks when speaking on interracial crime.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Fixed your post for you

Tell that to the 1.7 million victims of white on white crime each year. 

44 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

you left out black on black crime. what are those numbers?

Or do those victims not figure in that math?

why?

cause most crime is within the same races. its usually white vs white. black vs black. Latino vs Latino

Why is it that the people who are obsessed with black on black crime seem to blame black people as a whole for all black crime? 

Yet never mention white on white crime, and most certainly never suggest that white people as a whole are responsible for the actions of individual white people? 

The context of this thread is that black people are actually the problem, and white people are double victims. First they are the victims of black violence, and then they are the victims of the media lying about white violence towards black people. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Tell that to the 1.7 million victims of white on white crime each year. 

I'm well aware of the numbers. But the OP is talking about a specific subset of crime and the victimization burden thereof. That you want to pull the wool over people's eyes doesn't change the numbers.

Whites are about 5 times as numerous as blacks. But the number of victims of white on white crime is not 5 times as high as the number of victims of black on white crime. Curious!

Additionally, from my earlier link:

Based on victims’ perceptions of the offenders, the offender-to-population ratio shows that the percentage of violent incidents involving black offenders (25%) was 2.1 times the percentage of black persons (12%) in the population. The percentage of violent incidents involving white offenders (50%) was about four-fifths (0.8 times) the percentage of whites (62%) in the population

Sixty-two percent of violent incidents committed against white victims were perceived to be committed by white offenders, the same portion (62%) of the total U.S. population age 12 or older that was white (table 17). Among black victims, the percentage of violent incidents perceived to be committed by black offenders (70%) was 5.8 times higher than the percentage of black persons in the population (12%).

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I heard a factoid today that almost 85% of black/white violent crime in the us is blacks committing violent crime against whites. 85% 85

In a systemically racist universe this sounds impossible ? Or is there some sanctioned excuse to explain this? 

This is racist sh it right here 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Motorin' said:

White people are 3.5 times more likely to be violently victimized by a white person than by a black person. 

1,700,000 white on white violent crimes per year vs 480,000 violent crimes by black people against white people. 

White on white violent crime is the majority of all violent crime, and hands down the most of any race based crime. 

Where's the outrage about white on white crime? 

In an inherently racist system wouldn’t one expect the violent aggression to be predominantly emanating from the racial group that is allegedly racist? 

How about the fbi as a source 

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

here's a citation.  ;looks vaguely similar to this trolling post on a black book site:

https://aalbc.com/tc/topic/9578-blacks-commit-60-of-all-violent-crime-—-but-only-14-of-the-population/

new posting instructions from a white supremacist group?

how about the fbi? here is homicide 68% to 32%. 

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6.xls

again the question is in a racist county, given the population demographics this is inexplicable.

How can racists not be the demographic causing the majority of violence on the other demographic? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2