Crime vs racism

Just now, Big Blitz said:

That never ever ever happens.   

Trump supporters going to switch parties because Bush and Romney voters still exist - are Bush voters going to suddenly start voting Democrat because they hate Trump?  

Democrats that claim they love democracy and freedom going to suddenly start voting Trump because their party has been taken over by Communists?

These party allegiance in America issue are way more complex then you understand.  

Keeping people in poverty?  Democrats understand that.  

More importantly - the UniParty understands that.  Only one man in America took that on and look what happens.   

The whole south literally use to be Democratic---CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRATIC. 

It is not CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN 

HELLO! 

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

Black men raised by millionaires - the top one percent - are as likely to be incarcerated as white men raised in households with $36,000 in income.

Ya sure they are 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Jews were discriminated against in the same way as blacks in the Jim Crow era. With the exception that they were also executed en mass globally. Shall we comb over that racial group now? 

Not true 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya sure they are 

Via those conservative rags Vox and the New York Times

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/3/21/17139300/economic-mobility-study-race-black-white-women-men-incarceration-income-chetty-hendren-jones-porter

Edit to add: strange how racism has affected black women so much less than black men. They're only about 30% more likely to be incarcerated than white women raised with the same family income.

Edited by LeviF

The whole south literally use to be Democratic---CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRATIC. 

It is not CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN 

HELLO! 

Ya sure they are 

Not true 

African Americans there - in some states out numbering whites - used to vote Republican up to FDR.  

They’ve been voting Democrat ever since.  

According to you and all your leftist friends - that hasn’t worked out very well for them - especially in inner cities.  

Also run by Democrats for over 100 years in almost all of them.  

3 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Ya, the judicial system in our country might very well be harder on blacks than whites. Ok, I agree 

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

How about the fbi as a source 

how about the fbi? here is homicide 68% to 32%. 

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6.xls

again the question is in a racist county, given the population demographics this is inexplicable.

How can racists not be the demographic causing the majority of violence on the other demographic? 

Astonishing numbers. 

12.1% of the population commits nearly 40% of all murders. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

African Americans there - in some states out numbering whites - used to vote Republican up to FDR.  

Yes, you are making my point for me. The Democratic party was literally the party of blacks and the Conservative KKK

Go figure 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, the judicial system in our country might very well be harder on blacks than whites. Ok, I agree 

Yes, people who violate the penal code more have a harder time with the courts.

The woke are more correct than the mainstream. I'm glad we finally got here.

2 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Astonishing numbers. 

12.1% of the population commits nearly 40% of all murders. 

Check your math. It's a hair over 48%.

And that's gotten higher in recent years.

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

According to you and all your leftist friends - that hasn’t worked out very well for them - especially in inner cities.  

It has worked out, voting rights, civil rights, end of Jim Crow, access to jobs, justice and respect. Good job Liberal Democrats! 

The black middle class was tiny before 1964, its now much bigger and growing 

Northern blacks are not doing any worse than the rural whites in red states, in many instances 

• Like (+1) 1

If the biggest predictor of crime is poverty since the single biggest predictor of poverty is single parent household, Overwhelmingly across all races… perhaps it’s time to grow up and start talking about the real problem

you want to stay out of poverty? Graduate high school, only have kids if married, go to work and try just a little. 

that’s it. It’s a complexion agnostic recipe 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It has worked out, voting rights, civil rights, end of Jim Crow, access to jobs, justice and respect. Good job Liberal Democrats! 

The black middle class was tiny before 1964, its now much bigger and growing 

Northern blacks are not doing any worse than the rural whites in red states, in many instances 

Really?  How come no one is acting like it?  

7 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Yes, people who violate the penal code more have a harder time with the courts.

The woke are more correct than the mainstream. I'm glad we finally got here.

Check your math. It's a hair over 48%.

And that's gotten higher in recent years.

What numbers are you looking at? The 2018 FBI chart that was posted... 6570 murders that year, 2600 offenders were black = 39.57%

Just now, Tiberius said:

Oh please, like Trump? 

Read my posts ITT. Engage the data.  

Victimization surveys reflect similar ratios as incarceration data. They are data from victims of crimes regardless of the outcome of the criminal justice system in regard to the crime.

"Racism" is your all-purpose, faith-based rationalization for every interesting disparity in race-based data in America. And again, your "racism" boogeyman seems to not affect black women nearly as much as it does black men in regards to criminality. That seems odd since they're both black. 

It also skips over the fact that Hispanics as a group have actually decreased their arrest and incarceration rates in recent years. But that's an unwelcome distraction for those who make a living peddling the sacrament of "anti-racism."

2 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

What numbers are you looking at? The 2018 FBI chart that was posted... 6570 murders that year, 2600 offenders were black = 39.57%

Read it again. 2600 offenders were black when the victim was black. Need to add 514 (white victim), 39 (victim of other race), and 24 (victim of unknown race) to that number.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Read my posts ITT. Engage the data.  

Victimization surveys reflect similar ratios as incarceration data. They are data from victims of crimes regardless of the outcome of the criminal justice system in regard to the crime.

"Racism" is your all-purpose, faith-based rationalization for every interesting disparity in race-based data in America. And again, your "racism" boogeyman seems to not affect black women nearly as much as it does black men in regards to criminality. That seems odd since they're both black. 

It also skips over the fact that Hispanics as a group have actually decreased their arrest and incarceration rates in recent years. But that's an unwelcome distraction for those who make a living peddling the sacrament of "anti-racism."

Read it again. 2600 offenders were black when the victim was black. Need to add 514 (white victim), 39 (victim of other race), and 24 (victim of unknown race) to that number.

Not sure facts and data work on emotionally driven people.  

It’s why they keep shifting goal posts on racism, Gay rights, and now since science is against them they want change what science means. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Black people were forced into poverty for centuries. Poor people commit more of the types of crimes that get you busted by regular cops. Not that I agree with you probably made up stats, but historic, systematic racism is probably the root cause 

Look in the mirror 

Yes we all know that slavery was a crock of BS that should have never happened & is still in the spot light today for many reasons a lot being because it's easier to make a excuse than it is to go out & get what you want by working for it .

We can sit here all day and say it's a systemic thing but Colon Powell, Opra, Ben Carson, Denzel, Daymond John, George Foreman, Tyson, MJ, Magic & many MANY more have proven that the American dream can be had but it will take hard work any way you look at it and that is the only way !! 

But today it is much much easier to make a excuse or use the same one that has been used for 100's of years saying it is racism . Okay there may be those that experience that to some extent but i have friends that are older in their 60+ & say that youngsters of the black community today don't have a clue what true racism is like .

They have said to me have they (young black Americans) ever had to enter a building from a different door, drink from a separate water fountain, use a different bath room, be served from the back door of a restaurant & then they had told me they had personally experienced that & much more but over came it and have everything that i do & basically worked like i did being a poor white farm boy to earn every thing i have.

So although yes it does exist who are the ones keeping it alive, who are the ones that would rather use the system & the excuse to make life easier rather than work to get them selves out of their situation, then who is enabling those to use the excuse and stay in the rut by giving out entitlements that could cause them to other wise choose a different path rather than work for what they want .

I know some got to selling drugs which i have seen on certain interviews on TV because the amounts of money they can make for the amount of work they have to do is a hole lot less but the are praying on weak individuals so they are a huge part of the problem of keeping certain people in poorer neighbor hoods poor . And this is a lot to do with the violence .

It's not just a "My ancestors were slaves so i'm owed this or need to have special treatment" It comes down to the person & their choices plus their motivation to do something about their circumstances .

By you saying it's conservative democrats that become republicans & Blacks still experience poverty at a higher level because of the past or conservatives are uneducated about race history but those statements are all part of excuses used to bolster your argument and as they say .

"Excuses are like A** holes every one has one & they usually stink" !!!!!!! 

38 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Putting on my urban planner hat. 

The inner cities are the way they are because of the valorization of suburban single family homes, which were seen as appreciating assets. 

Wealthy people, predominantly white although not all of them, left cities for suburbs. This obliterated tax bases in cities and forced deep cuts to services. Businesses followed.

Black Americans migrated to cities after WWII seeking better jobs up north, usually in factories where they could get a job without much education. Problem is, most of those dried up as firms went out of business or moved. 

So, you ended up with poorly educated people stuck in underdeveloped neighborhoods with no real route out. That’s not a “Democrat vs Republican” issue, it’s an investment issue. Getting either side to invest into good housing and education systems has been tough, because they’re not policies with immediate payback and political clout like boosting police are. 

Edited by Roundybout
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

urban planner hat.

When we were home for Easter we went to the Dyngus Day parade on the East Side near the Central Terminal.

What a bombed out - absolutely horrific site to see.

And the pro tailgating nut jobs tell us there is no space or economic development potential w a $1.4 billion stadium in that area?

smfh

Edited by BillStime