Crime vs racism

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I didn’t accept everything the Obama’s say, at all.

I’m just not outwardly racist so I don’t question his citizenship just because he is black. (Like trump and his fanbois that hump him do)

No doubt there's some race thing to it but there are also many people that accuse others of racism because it's a convenient and acceptable strategy (another is saying somebody's "phobic" of this or that) to cut off conversation and silence people expressing views and ideas they disagree with.  Doing so can avoid the need for  discussion of facts and figures and other objective indicators and data on various issues.  The word has lost its original meaning from overuse and being applied so broadly whether it was justified or not.  Rather than truly identifying racists it's a way to signal people to shut up and go along. 

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, LeviF said:

Are jews a race of their own?

Yes.

Sem·ite ˈse-ˌmīt  

especially British  ˈsē-ˌmīt

a

: a member of any of a number of peoples of ancient southwestern Asia including the Akkadians, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs

b

: a descendant of these peoples

: a member of a modern people speaking a Semitic language

On 4/21/2023 at 12:03 AM, Motorin' said:

White people are 3.5 times more likely to be violently victimized by a white person than by a black person. 

1,700,000 white on white violent crimes per year vs 480,000 violent crimes by black people against white people. 

White on white violent crime is the majority of all violent crime, and hands down the most of any race based crime. 

Where's the outrage about white on white crime? 

not very bright are ya, statistics matter. Need to look at population sizes and factor that in.

and yes, for the most part black people despise white people - it's glaringly obvious if you live in a red democRAT run city.

Everyone needs to cut the ***** and stop trying to act like only white people are racists.

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I didn’t accept everything the Obama’s say, at all.

I’m just not outwardly racist so I don’t question his citizenship just because he is black. (Like trump and his fanbois that hump him do)

you kiddos love your narratives.

No his citizenship was challenged because he was documented in school enrollments as a citizen of another country and opponents ran with it. It’s even in his publicist managed Wikipedia page. He enrolled in school in Jakarta as an Indonesian citizen “incorrectly” under his step fathers name. Parents Probably lied intentionally to get him into school as his mom was a vagabond. 

it wasn’t because of his complexion, his paper trail had anomalies and his political opponents tried to capitalize on it. 

gosh I wish we could wave a wand and make everyone realize this world is complicated and not just good guys vs bad guys. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Yes.

Sem·ite ˈse-ˌmīt  

especially British  ˈsē-ˌmīt

a

: a member of any of a number of peoples of ancient southwestern Asia including the Akkadians, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs

b

: a descendant of these peoples

: a member of a modern people speaking a Semitic language

So in other words, no, they share a race with several other ethnicities. Interesting case study anyway considering that they outperform most other groups, including whites, on a number of metrics. 

And back on topic, guess which race is underrepresented in hate crime offenders and which is over represented relative to population share?

Of the 6,780 known offenders:

55.1% were White

21.2% were Black or African American

15.7% race unknown

Other races accounted for the remaining known offenders.

https://www.justice.gov/hatecrimes/2020-hate-crime-statistics

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

If he was white and went to school in Ireland trump wouldn’t have called into question his citizenship.

Are you kidding?? Of course he would.

Hell if Desantis grew up in Ireland and filled out a form he was a citizen there it’s all you hear about from him.

he finds any way he can to brand and attack everyone. 

He d even call him Ron mccabbage or something 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, LeviF said:

So in other words, no, they share a race with several other ethnicities. Interesting case study anyway considering that they outperform most other groups, including whites, on a number of metrics. 

Aryans were are a self proclaimed race that shared ethnicities.  Just wondering why the distinction or lack of is so important to you...

Hate is hate.  What moniker would you give to hate of a religious group?

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

36 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Aryans were are a self proclaimed race that shared ethnicities.  Just wondering why the distinction or lack of is so important to you...

Hate is hate.  What moniker would you give to hate of a religious group?

I suppose to your ilk it depends on the religious group, don’t it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

wow, subtlety...almost.  American politics is largely good versus bad.

You think allowing children in inner cities shoot each other's is good? You think promoting racial division is good? You think allowing people to loot stores is good? Politics is mainly gray and it is idiots who believe that a politician is going to help them without the politician gaining power from it.

14 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Coulda stopped with your first statement. It was racist to fervently deny the citizenship of our first black citizen like donald trump did

Can you show me all the other politicians we stated were not citizens? Or did we pick Barack because he was the first black presidential candidate?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

15 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Coulda stopped with your first statement. It was racist to fervently deny the citizenship of our first black citizen like donald trump did

Blame that on Hilly.  It was her campaign that started it.

And I have little doubt Barry claimed to have been born in Kenya on college applications.  Which is why they're sealed.

But he's a US citizen because his mother was one.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/21/2023 at 2:19 PM, LeviF said:

Read my posts ITT. Engage the data.  

Victimization surveys reflect similar ratios as incarceration data. They are data from victims of crimes regardless of the outcome of the criminal justice system in regard to the crime.

"Racism" is your all-purpose, faith-based rationalization for every interesting disparity in race-based data in America. And again, your "racism" boogeyman seems to not affect black women nearly as much as it does black men in regards to criminality. That seems odd since they're both black. 

It also skips over the fact that Hispanics as a group have actually decreased their arrest and incarceration rates in recent years. But that's an unwelcome distraction for those who make a living peddling the sacrament of "anti-racism."

Read it again. 2600 offenders were black when the victim was black. Need to add 514 (white victim), 39 (victim of other race), and 24 (victim of unknown race) to that number.

So what is your point? You are saying black men are arrested and imprisoned more than white men and that proves what to you? 

You are saying racism is NOT responsible, correct? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

You think allowing children in inner cities shoot each other's is good? You think promoting racial division is good? You think allowing people to loot stores is good? Politics is mainly gray and it is idiots who believe that a politician is going to help them without the politician gaining power from it.

Can you show me all the other politicians we stated were not citizens? Or did we pick Barack because he was the first black presidential candidate?

Demented Biden makes Barry look like ***** George Washington.  What a mess.  

9 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

If he was white and went to school in Ireland trump wouldn’t have called into question his citizenship.

Saying the black guy is not American is old school racism 

and I’m probably older than you… 

Even Biden had his questions about Obama. He called him clean and articulate.

Edited by Wacka

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

So what is your point? You are saying black men are arrested and imprisoned more than white men and that proves what to you? 

You are saying racism is NOT responsible, correct? 

As has already been point out, racism is a faith-based explanation that doesn’t survive scrutiny or controls for commonly attributed effects of racism, such as SES. 

And once again you’ve failed to engage with all the data. Not only are blacks imprisoned and arrested at rates higher than one might expect given their population share, they also victimize people at a higher rate than their population share would predict based on victim statements. This removes the criminal justice system from the equation, including police and prosecutorial bias. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, LeviF said:

As has already been point out, racism is a faith-based explanation that doesn’t survive scrutiny or controls for commonly attributed effects of racism, such as SES. 

And once again you’ve failed to engage with all the data. Not only are blacks imprisoned and arrested at rates higher than one might expect given their population share, they also victimize people at a higher rate than their population share would predict based on victim statements. This removes the criminal justice system from the equation, including police and prosecutorial bias. 

And that's bull sh it. 

Historic racism has obviously hurt black people and increased the situation in which petty crimes take place. You actually claiming racist institutions don't play any role in this is absurd. 

That statistic YOU mentioned supports my opinion more than it does yours, that's why I specificially asked you about it and you did not address it. You failed to address your own stat. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And that's bull sh it. 

Historic racism has obviously hurt black people and increased the situation in which petty crimes take place. You actually claiming racist institutions don't play any role in this is absurd. 

That statistic YOU mentioned supports my opinion more than it does yours, that's why I specificially asked you about it and you did not address it. You failed to address your own stat. 

This entire thread is about violent crimes. Homicide stands out in particular. What is the method by which racism causes someone to murder people and why doesn’t it apply to women?

• Like (+1) 3

The facts are simple for anyone with an IQ above room temperature - evil people will victimize their own most often by a large percentage, largely because their own allow it at a higher rate. The evil of each race and creed will usually damage their own before looking for another to victimize. Those that attack other races directly in the past 20 years are the exception not the rule, but all evil needs to be stomped out, whether "mine" or "yours". 

• Like (+1) 1