WR Allen Robinson to Steelers ???????????????????

Buffalo_Stampede

3 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

The Steelers can make all the genius trades and draft picks that they want, but they're going to be an AFC also-ran until they get a good QB again.

Generously, they're probably the 11th best team in the conference at present

They also have a winning record no matter who their qb is. Tomlin is that good. I don’t think Pickett is anything special but if he is slightly better than last year, they can easily win double digit games.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Toast at 29. How old is Diggs again?

Diggs last 3 seasons

338 catches, 4,189 yards and 29 TDs

Robinsons last 3 seasons

173 catches, 1,999 yards and 10 TDs

One of these guys is still a highly productive receiver, the other is being traded for a swap of 7th-round picks and the team trading him is paying him 10 million to play for someone else. Some might call that "toast"

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Diggs last 3 seasons

338 catches, 4,189 yards and 29 TDs

Robinsons last 3 seasons

173 catches, 1,999 yards and 10 TDs

One of these guys is still a highly productive receiver, the other is being traded for a swap of 7th-round picks and the team trading him is paying him 10 million to play for someone else. Some might call that "toast"

Look at the QBs. Robinson would’ve put up good numbers here.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

On 4/19/2023 at 3:57 AM, jkeerie said:

The Rams got fleeced.  They got only a 7th round pick and gave up Allen Robinson AND a 7th!  The Steelers are only responsible for $5 M of Robinson's salary this year.   The Rams have only 45 players under contract and are still cap-strapped.  This per Chris Brown on One Bills Live.

It's not getting fleeced if nobody would have given you more. 

At least they cleared $5M. And I bet they shopped him around looking for a better deal.

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Look at the QBs. Robinson would’ve put up good numbers here.

I'm not at all convinced, though I do think it's possible. He hasn't looked the same to me, though I didn't All-22 him or anything.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

It's not getting fleeced if nobody would have given you more. 

At least they cleared $5M. And I bet they shopped him around looking for a better deal.

I'm not at all convinced, though I do think it's possible. He hasn't looked the same to me, though I didn't All-22 him or anything.

He probably had trouble switching offenses. It happens. He had a serious injury a few years ago but returned to play well. He’s probably not a WR1 anymore but there’s no reason for me to believe he can’t be a WR2/3 for a couple years. I would’ve more concerned with OBJ. He can play inside or outside. For the price, definitely worth a shot. John Brown struggled for a few years then came here and went for 1,000.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.