TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

12 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I like your write up and thought process....and I like the player.  I just don't like it at 31.

Why not?  (I actually think Washington is a possibility at 27 for the Bills.)

• Like (+1) 1

With the 42nd pick in the draft the NY Jets select Drew Sanders LB Arkansas.  The jets look to bolster their already top defense and add a lb. He's going to fit right in with Saleh.

With the 43rd pick inthe draft the NY Jets slect John Michael Schmitz, Center Minnesota.  Anchor the middle of the line to add to the already improved offensive line. Could have a chance to start over Wes Schweitzer but could be interior depth as the Jets have had injury riddled o line for years it seems. 

Th @Might Rather Atlanta Falcons are on the clock

Edited by aristocrat
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2

With the 44th pick in the draft the Atlanta Falcons select Will McDonald IV, Edge, Iowa State

The top pass rushers on our board went in front of us in the 1st round but we are happy to find good value with a player we had high on our board, also at a position of need near the top of the 2nd . He can come in and help our 31st ranked pass rush immediately. McDonald's hard nose demeanor and pass-rush talent are winning play traits that will help him become a successful sack artist. 

The Packers @GunnerBill are on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Packers (GunnerBill) are on the clock
22 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

With the 42nd pick in the draft the NY Jets select Drew Sanders LB Arkansas.  The jets look to bolster their already top defense and a lb. He's 

With the 43rd pick inthe draft the NY Jets slect John Michael Schmitz, Center Minnesota.  Anchor the middle of the line to add to the already improved offensive line. Could have a chance to start over Wes Schweitzer but could be interior depth as the Jets have had injury riddled o line for years it seems. 

Th @Might Rather Atlanta Falcons are on the clock

Oof, great round for our rival.

With the 45th pick in the Virgil version 2.0 Mock NFL Draft Extravaganza in the year of someone's Lord 2023....

The Green Bay Packers select: Sam LaPorta, Tight End, Iowa

I considered corner here but Rasul Douglas was serviceable last year and there is enough depth at that spot that I'd feel good about getting one in round 3. Less so tight end. I think Darnell Washington and Michael Mayer are the two best fits for the Packers but they have both gone off the board. I considered Dalton Kincaid in round 1 but he isn't a scheme fit because he doesn't really block. LaPorta is a better receiver than blocker at this point, but there is no lack of willingness to block and I already have Josiah Deguara who excels as a blocking tight end, so I can help that side of his game develop. While this is a good tight end group I think anyone hoping to wait and get one any later than the first 10 picks of round 3 will be disappointed to have missed out on the tier of "possible starters."

The New England Patriots, Bill Belichick's dog and his assistant @section122 are now on the clock!

• Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Patriots (section122) are on the clock
1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

With the 45th pick in the Virgil version 2.0 Mock NFL Draft Extravaganza in the year of someone's Lord 2023....

The Green Bay Packers select: Sam LaPorta, Tight End, Iowa

I considered corner here but Rasul Douglas was serviceable last year and there is enough depth at that spot that I'd feel good about getting one in round 3. Less so tight end. I think Darnell Washington and Michael Mayer are the two best fits for the Packers but they have both gone off the board. I considered Dalton Kincaid in round 1 but he isn't a scheme fit because he doesn't really block. LaPorta is a better receiver than blocker at this point, but there is no lack of willingness to block and I already have Josiah Deguara who excels as a blocking tight end, so I can help that side of his game develop. While this is a good tight end group I think anyone hoping to wait and get one any later than the first 10 picks of round 3 will be disappointed to have missed out on the tier of "possible starters."

The New England Patriots, Bill Belichick's dog and his assistant @section122 are now on the clock!

Good pick/fit.

regarding Kincaid, I think he’s a more serviceable blocker than he’s given credit for.  I don’t think he’s Mike Gesicki.  

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't Gesicki, but I don't think I would describe him as a serviceable blocker.

I guess I used the wrong words.  I think he’s a better blocker than many think.  Maybe not even serviceable- but he’s decent at times.  

No clue if he’s FoS or not, but at the combine (iirc) he said it’s a part of his game his really working on and focused on improving and becoming a solid blocker. 

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I guess I used the wrong words.  I think he’s a better blocker than many think.  Maybe not even serviceable- but he’s decent at times.  

No clue if he’s FoS or not, but at the combine (iirc) he said it’s a part of his game his really working on and focused on improving and becoming a solid blocker. 

The techniques he learned there could come together eventually. That’s what happened to Kittle. He wasn’t much pf anything coming out, but he had that baseline. LaPorta is better than Kittle was at this point in his career. I know Kittle is one in a million, but the fundamentals he learned at Iowa gave him a shot. He transformed his body and here we are. So I think there is something to be said for that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Has the four hour clock expired? Sorry I just want to make my pick before I go to my daughters concert.

Pats can have the best wide receiver or offensive tackle on the board since those are the biggest needs left

Edited by NeverOutNick
Want to make a pick soon lol
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The techniques he learned there could come together eventually. That’s what happened to Kittle. He wasn’t much pf anything coming out, but he had that baseline. LaPorta is better than Kittle was at this point in his career. I know Kittle is one in a million, but the fundamentals he learned at Iowa gave him a shot. He transformed his body and here we are. So I think there is something to be said for that. 

I was on about Kincaid not LaPorta. I think LaPorta is a willing blocker that just needs some technique refinement on that side. Kincaid is a guy you just have to encourage to get in the way. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

But seriously it’s been over five hours and over an hour ago he said give him a few minutes, so I think it’s about time to cut the cord. I’m about to head out for my daughters concert, so I’ll be back around 8 PM Eastern. Hopefully it’s my pick by then. Ha ha.

You tried. Enjoy the concert, we’ll be here when you get back. I mean, we’re always here…… 🤷‍♂️

We are not your REAL family, and those years fly by. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.