Who is really good at football, but not athletic by NFL standards? NFL and Draft Prospects?

Chaos

Some NFL players are great at football and have great athletic measurables, among all-pros Lane Johnson and Patrick Surtain have the best "measurables".  Josh Jacobs and Davante Adams have pretty poor measureables.   

This spreadsheet aligns all of the all-pro players RAS scores vs their Bills counterpart. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uygV0zc33qOS74JEx40meuIKOg-MhDssyil_rbTvFBA/edit?usp=sharing

SIDE NOTE. Every offensive all-pro has below elite height.  I found that interesting.  

I am curious as too who people think are the best NFL players who are good at football, despite poor measurables, with the same question for the 2023 draft prospects? 

10 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The historical stickouts are interesting, but hoping for people to identify some 2023 draft prospects. 

Gotcha. I think it is way to hard to predict. It’s easy to see the athletic upside with some. 

Brian Branch. He’s going to be a good to great player. 

image.thumb.jpeg.bef8f80537b9a09f6167675816d30a0f.jpeg

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Looking back, Steve Largent supposedly only ran a 4.8 forty in college and yet became one of the NFL's best-ever receivers.  

Jerry Rice, the best WR of all time, only ran a 4.71.

But players did not train for those events like they do now.

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

The historical stickouts are interesting, but hoping for people to identify some 2023 draft prospects. 

If they could, wouldn’t they be getting ready to run the draft for their NFL employer and not posting on a Bills site

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

If they could, wouldn’t they be getting ready to run the draft for their NFL employer and not posting on a Bills site

@IronMaidenBills I think this post was directed @ you.  You’ve been MIA…. Did someone read your thread about how awesome you are and hire you to their FO?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.