New stadium cost goes up from $1.4 billion to $1.54 billion.

cba fan

5 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I'll go one further.

Bills fans used to make fun of other stadiums where the stadium was filled with opposing fans.

That could now happen in Buffalo as Bills fans try sell their tickets to recoup the high cost of season tickets and PSLs.

Why would you buy tickets Just to sell them ? 

Yeah there’s brokers who by five season tickets and sell three of them

But if you’re a fan who wants to go…. Why would you purchase season tickets.. Just to turn around and sell them all

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nope. I mentioned because many on here have no idea what it costs build things these days. We have local school construction bonds that regularly exceed $1 Billion…and that’s not for anything more than a single suburban school district. Yikes…right? 

Thanks. And you obviously know it costs close to $100 just for a parking spot at SoFi. Wait until people see the increase in Orchard Park! 

Yup. Added into the PSLs, the increase of ticket prices. Then you go ahead and add up the parking and concession increases. They are definitely attempting to price out the drunken idiots that just want to go and get smashed for games. 

I have no doubt the Bills will or at least will attempt to buy some of the local lots that people tailgate in now. Massively increase prices and have stricter rules while tailgating. Even if they manage to buy 1-2 of the bigger private lots and increase prices that will make it a no brainer for the other private lots to follow suit and charge more. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

fans won't. But companies will. Say you had tickets in the lower bowl for 30 years and you want the same ones in the replica across the street? Now you will have to pay a $5,000 PSL. MANY fans just aren't gonna do that.

Companies will pay the PSL, buy up their seats just to split them up and sell on secondary marketplaces to opposing fans

I’ve already crunch the numbers for you

And there’s plenty of people who already said they will be willing to buy PSLs

The $5000 PSL at the new bills stadium would be 15 grand at MetLife

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yup. Added into the PSLs, the increase of ticket prices. Then you go ahead and add up the parking and concession increases. They are definitely attempting to price out the drunken idiots that just want to go and get smashed for games. 

I have no doubt the Bills will or at least will attempt to buy some of the local lots that people tailgate in now. Massively increase prices and have stricter rules while tailgating. Even if they manage to buy 1-2 of the bigger private lots and increase prices that will make it a no brainer for the other private lots to follow suit and charge more. 

What makes you think the drunken idiots are cheap?

Plenty of six-figure drunken #######s who like the bills lol 

Literally to a lot of people in Buffalo… The bills are everything

People are willing to spend

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The canopy got bigger at least. Almost there.

The anger that’s coming when fans find out they’re paying double and still wet. 

I really don’t get all the complaining on here. Before the site was chosen and the design work started there were people who wanted a dome and those that didn’t. Now that it’s set it seems like they’ve provided fans with a choice. You can buy seats under the cover or you can sit out in the elements. What the heck do people want? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Jeez .. do you work for Pegula Sports & Entertainment or something? How can you argue he saved the franchise from a declining market and also argue there are lots of six-figure income fans in that market willing to invest into the franchise. it makes no sense. 

the PSL default rate will be high and the number of unique (key word) season ticket holders will decline drastically. I am sure they will sell a lot of PSLs, but it wont be to fans, it will be to LLCs, many of them the same LLCs

First of all…. There is a massive difference between a small market and a super broke market …. With regards to spending on sports

Buffalo is a very small market…. And there’s not a lot of big big money in Buffalo

There’s a good amount of people who makes six figures lol especially in the burbs… You can’t buy a bills team with six figures

But you can buy season tickets…. Very few people making $10,000 a year buy Buffalo Bills season tickets

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

I've been to UBS arena. The place is gorgeous. 

I didn’t think New York Islanders arena looked gorgeous it looked like a shrine to the horse racing industry and a lot of horsing around nah. I wouldn’t want that for the Buffalo Sabres arena more like the Detroit Red Wings Little Caesars Arena in Detroit or the Minnesota Wild Arena. New York State when building stadiums and arenas have a lot to be desired with cut corners to save a buck then they fall apart. We can agree to disagree in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Jeez .. do you work for Pegula Sports & Entertainment or something? How can you argue he saved the franchise from a declining market and also argue there are lots of six-figure income fans in that market willing to invest into the franchise. it makes no sense. 

the PSL default rate will be high and the number of unique (key wors) season ticket holders will decline drastically. I am sure they will sell a lot of PSLs, but it wont be to fans, it will be to LLCs, many of them the same LLCs

At Giants Stadium both the Jets and Giants had 78,000 season tickets holders. The Giants had a waiting list around 100k the Jets 25K. When MetLife and PSL's started both teams went thru their waiting list. The Giants can still sellout with mostly season tickets holders but there are a limited number of individual tickets for sale. The Jets don't have as many season tickets holders. They advertise both season tickets sales and individual tickets sales. It will hurt Bills season ticket sales no doubt. Many will be priced out unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

First of all…. There is a massive difference between a small market and a super broke market …. With regards to spending on sports

Buffalo is a very small market…. And there’s not a lot of big big money in Buffalo

There’s a good amount of people who makes six figures lol especially in the burbs… You can’t buy a bills team with six figures

But you can buy season tickets…. Very few people making $10,000 a year buy Buffalo Bills season tickets

I’d imagine with minimum wage there isn’t a single person with season tix is making less than 40k a year. Unless they try really hard at not working. 

Edited by mrags

Just now, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I didn’t think New York Islanders arena looked gorgeous it looked like a shrine to the horse racing industry and a lot of horsing around nah. I wouldn’t want that for the Buffalo Sabres arena more like the Detroit Red Wings Little Caesars Arena in Detroit or the Minnesota Wild Arena. New York State when building stadiums and arenas have a lot to be desired with cut corners to save a buck then they fall apart. We can agree to disagree in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

If you are in area sometime maybe when the Sabres are on Long Island or any game/concert. You should check it out. It really is a nice arena.

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I really don’t get all the complaining on here. Before the site was chosen and the design work started there were people who wanted a dome and those that didn’t. Now that it’s set it seems like they’ve provided fans with a choice. You can buy seats under the cover or you can sit out in the elements. What the heck do people want? 

I keep repeating this but Buffalo fans don’t care about the new stadium. At least right now. Us arguing about it on here is nothing. 

It’s going to be about costs AFTER it’s built. We’ll see what they charge. We’ll see if they price out longtime fans. 

I envision a lot of problems in the future. We’ll see. IMO they’re spending top dollar for an open stadium and it’s a mistake.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

We’re broke yet we can afford a $1 billion dollar Kennington Expressway tunnel and the $750 million dollars for the South Buffalo Solar Panels project that never produced the 1,500 jobs it was promised. It seems like New York State found the money for that? I guess I question the broke parroted talking points of New York State and Erie County in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Just now, Buffalo Super Fan said:

We’re broke yet we can afford a $1 billion dollar Kennington Expressway tunnel and the $750 million dollars for the South Buffalo Solar Panels project that never produced the 1,500 jobs it was promised. It seems like New York State found the money for that? I guess I question the broke parroted talking points of New York State and Erie County in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Because they steal our money

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

My nephew bought season tickets making 28k a year 

dedication 

Well. That is dedication. He can’t be working full time. At full time he’d have to be making at least 30k a year. I’ve got a kid that sat behind me that didn’t have a home, he bounced around between moms house and friends houses that worked at McDonalds. 

that type of season ticket holder is no long going to be buying season tickets to games. Most likely your nephew won’t be able to afford them either. 

but who knows, maybe they are able to get the last seat in the 500s when all is done. We will see. 

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well. That is dedication. He can’t be working full time. At full time he’d have to be making at least 30k a year. I’ve got a kid that sat behind me that didn’t have a home, he bounced around between moms house and friends houses that worked at McDonalds. 

that type of season ticket holder is no long going to be buying season tickets to games. Most likely your nephew won’t be able to afford them either. 

but who knows, maybe they are able to get the last seat in the 500s when all is done. We will see. 

Well he goes to college full time so no he don’t work full time but it’s a good chunk of his money lol

Edited by Buffalo716

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

There was no real choice most can’t afford the higher prices of the canopy seats. That is the Buffalo Bills organization out of touch when everyone would be warm with a dome stadium. That is the whole point the media doesn’t care they are in a warm press box. The government politicians don’t care there in a covered luxury box of the wealthy as guest. The owner certainly doesn’t care and the well to do area business elites of Western New York are in there luxury box all on the taxpayers dime who have two choices stay home and not freeze or freeze in the cheap seats which will cost a whole lot more with no covering some deal those Buffalo Bills are getting. The Buffalo Bills did this too themselves and I am shocked actually that Terry Pegula chose to go that route with the backlash that has come with it. Tells me he don’t care and is phony too in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well he goes to college full time so no he don’t work full time but it’s a good chunk of his money lol

Yup. I bet it’s his everything too. Like most season ticket holders. Was for me when first started going to game. When I started as a ST holder. Now I enjoy it but for different reasons. I’m gonna love out these last few years at the Ralph and see what happens. I wish we had until it was built to make a decision going forward but I’m sure they will start this spring/summer looking for PSL money for the new stadium. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

There was no real choice most can’t afford the higher prices of the canopy seats. That is the Buffalo Bills organization out of touch when everyone would be warm with a dome stadium. That is the whole point the media doesn’t care they are in a warm press box. The government politicians don’t care there in a covered luxury box of the wealthy as guest. The owner certainly doesn’t care and the well to do area business elites of Western New York are in there luxury box all on the taxpayers dime who have two choices stay home and not freeze or freeze in the cheap seats which will cost a whole lot more with no covering some deal those Buffalo Bills are getting. The Buffalo Bills did this too themselves and I am shocked actually that Terry Pegula chose to go that route with the backlash that has come with it. Tells me he don’t care and is phony too in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Hard to argue with any of this. 

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Everything is going to keep going up. Probably will climb to $1.8 billion or more by the time it's completed.

Yet still no dome stadium while Indianapolis Colts and Detroit Lions fans are nice and warm in a dome. Some Buffalo Bills fans can’t stand Buffalo being the but of jokes over the years but this is ok that we are? With this new Bills stadium not having a dome? The Buffalo Bills look ridiculous and backwards more than anything the Buffalo Bills did on the field or Buffalo fans did in general in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Yet still no dome stadium while Indianapolis Colts and Detroit Lions fans are nice and warm in a dome. Some Buffalo Bills fans can’t stand Buffalo being the but of jokes over the years but this is ok that we are? With this new Bills stadium not having a dome? The Buffalo Bills look ridiculous and backwards more than anything the Buffalo Bills did on the field or Buffalo fans did in general in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

You’re got to be kidding, right? Just to name a few off the top of my head…New England, New York, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Chicago, Baltimore, etc all have relatively new facilities and NONE of them are indoors or have ANY sort of roof whatsoever. And all of those are in the northeast. Buffalo is definitely NOT going to look ridiculous or backwards. Come on, “Super Fan”!

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You’re got to be kidding, right? Just to name a few off the top of my head…New England, New York, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Chicago, Baltimore, etc all have relatively new facilities and NONE of them are indoors or have ANY sort of roof whatsoever. And all of those are in the northeast. Buffalo is definitely NOT going to look ridiculous or backwards. Come on, “Super Fan”!

In fairness. None of them have the kind of weather we do. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Buffalo has the worst weather in league by far, there’s no comparison. 

Let me also say this stadium is going to be gorgeous and state of the art. Nothing embarrassing about it. I just think they should’ve gone all in and built it right. $200 million is a lot of money added for a dome  but over 50 years for an NFL team it’s a small amount.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m still impressed the Colts built Lucas Oil stadium for under 1 billion dollars. Pegula should’ve built a stadium when he first bought the team. They could’ve built this same stadium for $700 million. A domed stadium probably for $1 billion. Unfortunately stadiums are so damned expensive to build now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

In fairness. None of them have the kind of weather we do. 

Oh for heaven’s sake! Do you think I’m a Bills fan that was born in raised in California? I sat through many a foul weather game at the Rockpile and Rich Stadium. The weather is what is and always has been. For the majority of the games, the weather is just fine. And as I’ve said, if you don’t like it, then make sure to buy seats under the roof…DONE!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh for heaven’s sake! Do you think I’m a Bills fan that was born in raised in California? I sat through many a foul weather game at the Rockpile and Rich Stadium. The weather is what is and always has been. For the majority of the games, the weather is just fine. And as I’ve said, if you don’t like it, then make sure to buy seats under the roof…DONE!!

Wasn’t my argument. The point was none of those cities/stadiums had the kind of weather issues that Buffalo has. 

the argument was in regards to pricing the average fan out of the stadium if they wanted to be under cover. Which will likely happen. 

18 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

I’m still impressed the Colts built Lucas Oil stadium for under 1 billion dollars. Pegula should’ve built a stadium when he first bought the team. They could’ve built this same stadium for $700 million. A domed stadium probably for $1 billion. Unfortunately stadiums are so damned expensive to build now. 

It’s unreal the cost of this thing. There was a stadium report released in 2015 and one in 2021. The prices nearly doubled. Basically the same report. Back in 2015 the general thought was we’d never be able to build a billion dollar stadium. 

I don’t understand why they didn’t build one back then. I wonder if it was because the team was bad and possibly not secure in Buffalo? If the Pegulas planned on owning the team forever in Buffalo why didn’t they get this done?

The stadium they’re building now would’ve cost around $600 million to build. Just imagine, had they got this approval in 2015, opening season would’ve been Josh Allen’s rookie year.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s unreal the cost of this thing. There was a stadium report released in 2015 and one in 2021. The prices nearly doubled. Basically the same report. Back in 2015 the general thought was we’d never be able to build a billion dollar stadium. 

I don’t understand why they didn’t build one back then. I wonder if it was because the team was bad and possibly not secure in Buffalo? If the Pegulas planned on owning the team forever in Buffalo why didn’t they get this done?

The stadium they’re building now would’ve cost around $600 million to build. Just imagine, had they got this approval in 2015, opening season would’ve been Josh Allen’s rookie year.

100% the reason. 

36 minutes ago, mrags said:

Wasn’t my argument. The point was none of those cities/stadiums had the kind of weather issues that Buffalo has. 

the argument was in regards to pricing the average fan out of the stadium if they wanted to be under cover. Which will likely happen. 

I’m not arguing any particular point, but I’m just here to say I’ve lived in both Cincinnati and Buffalo for extended periods. Buffalo may have its snow events, but it can get SERIOUSLY cold in Cincinnati. Bitter, BITTER cold. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nope. I mentioned because many on here have no idea what it costs build things these days. We have local school construction bonds that regularly exceed $1 Billion…and that’s not for anything more than a single suburban school district. Yikes…right? 

Thanks. And you obviously know it costs close to $100 just for a parking spot at SoFi. Wait until people see the increase in Orchard Park! 

It was reported a couple of weeks back that design costs for the new stadium were upwards of $180 mil. Would love to hear your thoughts on this number?

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

It was reported a couple of weeks back that design costs for the new stadium were upwards of $180 mil. Would love to hear your thoughts on this number?

That seems high based strictly on the recently reported construction cost. Typically a/e design costs would be somewhere around 7.0% for a project of this size. The higher the construction cost, the lower the percentage. This is generally true for all types of projects (residential, commercial, institutional, etc.)

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I sure do.  I found parking on the street when I went to Bills/Rams in September.   I’d rather walk a bit than blow a $100 to be hemmed in after the game.  

Went to Bills/Rams at the Coliseum when Rex was coach.  Spent $300 or so to sit 12 rows up, behind the Bills bench at the 40 yard line.  At SoFi I spent almost $700 to sit 11 rows up in the end zone.  That’s showbiz.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.