The Walls be Closing

Kemp

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Says who?  You?  LOL 😆

People are complex. Evil people can be good or even great at some things.

OJ Simpson evily killed his wife and Ron Goldman (allegedly).  Does that mean he was not a great football player?

Phil Spector shot his girlfriend in the mouth.  Pretty evil I'd say.  Does that mean he was not a great music producer?

Bill Cosby is truly evil IMHO for raping all those women. Does that mean he was not a great comedian?

I'm not defending Lee or Trump. I just think your pretense is ridiculous.

Simple dude. OJ Simpson is an awful human. There’s my goalpost 

Edited by redtail hawk

19 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

a lot of the maga types died cause they were too stupid to social distance and/or take the vaccine

it is an under talked about thing that will factor into the 2024 election. 

Overall, the excess death rate for Republicans was 5.4 percentage points (pp), or 76%, higher than the excess death rate for Democrats. Post- vaccines, the excess death rate gap between Republicans and Democrats widened from 1.6 pp (22% of the Democrat excess death rate) to 10.4 pp (153% of the Democrat excess death rate).

It is true that you were more likely to die during the pandemic if you were a Republican. That being said, I think Dobbs will have a far bigger impact in 2024 than the excess GOP deaths.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, LeviF said:

Monitor your own thread dude. You're not describing me.

You answered the Communist question I posed?

Your answer doesn't seem to be there.

And still not a single Trump fan can explain his love for Communist dictators while calling those of us who are anti-Trump, Communist. 

Keep working on it.

Edited by Kemp

48 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You answered the Communist question I posed?

Your answer doesn't seem to be there.

And still not a single Trump fan can explain his love for Communist dictators while calling those of us who are anti-Trump, Communist. 

Keep working on it.

On 4/12/2023 at 2:26 PM, LeviF said:

Sorry I don't identify as a Trump fan and have been very publicly critical here of both him and China.

lol eat a dick. I popped in to point out how butthurt you are about an insult from seven years ago. Likewise you pop in about once a year and think you can ask anyone for anything. At least billsy is consistent enough that I’ll have some good faith interaction with him. 

2 minutes ago, LeviF said:

lol eat a dick. I popped in to point out how butthurt you are about an insult from seven years ago. Likewise you pop in about once a year and think you can ask anyone for anything. At least billsy is consistent enough that I’ll have some good faith interaction with him. 

"eat a dick"

"butthurt"

This is the wrong forum to air your sexual preferences. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I think you'd be better off here: https://lgbt.foundation/comingout

Anyway, it's duly noted that you can't answer. either.

41 minutes ago, Kemp said:

"eat a dick"

"butthurt"

This is the wrong forum to air your sexual preferences. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I think you'd be better off here: https://lgbt.foundation/comingout

Anyway, it's duly noted that you can't answer. either.

lol sure. Meanwhile you make sure you defend your right to tell 2nd graders about where ***** go. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

a lot of the maga types died cause they were too stupid to social distance and/or take the vaccine

Absolutely. Evolution in real time. With Covid it wasn’t so much survival of the fittest but death of the dumbest  unfortunately the dummies made everything worse for the normies too

Edited by redtail hawk

44 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

The geriatrics voted republican too, and a solid number of them no doubt perished or will perish between 2020-2024

Its a declining base and what is shocking to me is that the reality TV guy seems to have no interest in expanding it

The issue that the GOP has is that a significant part of their base is in a cult of personality with someone who is the archetype of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. 

Trump doesn’t care about expanding the base because he doesn’t care about the GOP. He doesn’t plan two steps ahead. He just does the thing that feels good to him in the moment regardless of the downstream consequences. 

There are some in the GOP who have identified the problem you point out (remember the 2012 autopsy?) but they are not in control. 

It used to be that the traditional conservatives would play footsie with the nut jobs like the John Birch society to keep them in the tent and get their votes. Now, the lunatics are running the show and they are running it straight into the ground. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LeviF said:

lol sure. Meanwhile you make sure you defend your right to tell 2nd graders about where ***** go. 

Good to see you laughing. You should feel comfortable about yourself.

The walls be closing.

wall.jpg

Edited by Kemp

16 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

15 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I wonder if the age of most Republicans had anything to do with it, and less to do with MAGA?  

• Like (+1) 1

Another day where not a single Trump supporter here can explain how those who oppose Trump are Commies while Trump swoons over multiple Communist dictators.

Whatever Trump does wrong he projects onto his opposition. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the Commie Trumpers here do the same.

But it is fun to point out.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I wonder if the age of most Republicans had anything to do with it, and less to do with MAGA?  

It's a highly-flawed study.  Just look at the limitations they mention in the Discussion section.

7 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Absolutely. Evolution in real time. With Covid it wasn’t so much survival of the fittest but death of the dumbest  

Is this really your diagnosis Dr. Hawk? All the people who died from COVID were dumb? 

Do you think age or weight or comorbidities may have contributed to their death?

I've read there  were many many many cases of people vaxed and masked that still got it and died.  And wearing a mask never protected you from getting it unless it was an N95.

I don't know which is a dumber pretense, this one or the one about OJ Simpson.

Edited by reddogblitz

19 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Is this really your diagnosis Dr. Hawk? All the people who died from COVID were dumb? 

Do you think age or weight or comorbidities may have contributed to their death?

I've read there  were many many many cases of people vaxed and masked that still got it and died.  And wearing a mask never protected you from getting it unless it was an N95.

I don't know which is a dumber pretense, this one or the one about OJ Simpson.

Dummy up. More R’s died than D’s. Lots of D’s died because of R’s. And I retired in part because I couldn’t convince anyone to take the vaccine and help protect me and mine and society in general…

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Dummy up. More R’s died than D’s. Lots of D’s died because of R’s. And I retired in part because I couldn’t convince anyone to take the vaccine and help protect me and mine and society in general…

Doesn't answer my question. Was everyone that died from COVID dumb?

A friend of mine was a devout believer in the orange guy. Watched Fox constantly. Believed it was all a hoax. Due to his health condition, he was at the very highest risk of mortality from Covid. Yet despite warnings from doctors, he steadfastly refused to take any precautions. No mask, no social distancing, no vax. Tragically or predictably, he contracted Covid and died shortly afterwards. He was much too young to die. There are so many stories like this.

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

A friend of mine was a devout believer in the orange guy. Watched Fox constantly. Believed it was all a hoax. Due to his health condition, he was at the very highest risk of mortality from Covid. Yet despite warnings from doctors, he steadfastly refused to take any precautions. No mask, no social distancing, no vax. Tragically or predictably, he contracted Covid and died shortly afterwards. He was much too young to die. There are so many stories like this.

I had a patient call me on vacation cuz his son was critically ill in the hospital with Covid. Under 40 but unhealthy. Wanted me to fix him. He died. Unwavering anti vaccine, and I actually knew and liked the guy. Worked on my cars. His dad still does. Freebie last time for my unsuccessful efforts. I’d return the favor but let my license lapse

Edited by redtail hawk

14 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

No. But many died because of anti vaccinations bs. 

So With Covid it wasn't death of the dumbest after all?

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I had a patient call me on vacation cuz his son was critically ill in the hospital with Covid. Under 40 but unhealthy. Wanted me to fix him. He died. Unwavering anti vaccine, and I actually knew and liked the guy. Worked on my cars. His dad still does. Freebie last time for my unsuccessful efforts. I’d return the favor but let my license lapse

Was he dumb?