The Walls be Closing

Kemp

52 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

While some of these imagined fears are of one’s own making, many are the consequence of narratives created by those in positions of power. Individuals looking to take advantage of, and manipulate others, have long realized the power of fear.  When one is gripped by fear of a threat, real or imagined, their rational and higher cognitive capacities shut down, making them easily manipulable by anyone that promises safety from the threat

“No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear”, wrote the 18th century philosopher Edmund Burke.

“There are more things…likely to frighten us than there are to crush us; we suffer more often in imagination than in reality.” (Letters from a Stoic, Seneca)

ITs an ancient way of controlling masses, and still being used non stop.

Fear and Social Control (academyofideas.com)

Remember when Trump was going to start WWIII?  Or wasn't going to leave office if he lost the election?  But now he's going to be a dictator/President for life. :rolleyes:

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Remember when Trump was going to start WWIII?  Or wasn't going to leave office if he lost the election?  But now he's going to be a dictator/President for life. :rolleyes:

He tried REAL hard not to leave - remember “Doc?”

This Tweet is for you:

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Pokebball said:

I'm not a supporter of Trump. I never have and never will support him. I do, however, support the constitution and our democracy. Why do Trump haters want to turn the US into a banana republic?

I don't care who you support. 

I asked you a different question.

Any opinions on it?

14 hours ago, Doc said:

I don't care who gave what back immediately upon being asked.  I care about why people had material for years and what they may have done with it.  Otherwise it's just a property crime.

So the theory is they came there to overthrow the government?  Without weapons?  And they left on their own without finishing the job?  Good one.

They were there because Trump told them a lie for years.

True or false?

• Eyeroll 1

22 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I don't care who you support. 

I asked you a different question.

Any opinions on it?

Your post began with...why do trump supporters...

I began my response noting that I am not a trump supporter to put my response in context. Sorry you didn't follow that.

Trump supporters support trump. I'm not sure it's any more complicated than that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Kemp said:

They were there because Trump told them a lie for years.

True or false?

He told them what he believed.  They believed it as well.  You're not making any points here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Pokebball said:

Your post began with...why do trump supporters...

I began my response noting that I am not a trump supporter to put my response in context. Sorry you didn't follow that.

Trump supporters support trump. I'm not sure it's any more complicated than that.

You can't answer a question about Trump supporters because you're not a Trump supporter?

Great reasoning.

Why do Trump supporters still support him when every single person who worked for him in the White House is now warning America what will happen if he gets there again?

I know you're not a Trump supporter, but you can still have an opinion.

5 hours ago, Doc said:

He told them what he believed.  They believed it as well.  You're not making any points here.

Are you finally admitting they believed it because he said it?

Would they have believed it if he hadn't said it?

6 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I answered you. You didn't like the answer. Move on

It's amusing how you frequently need to remind people that you're not a Trump supporter.

Why do you think that's the case?

Just now, BillStime said:

It's amusing how you frequently need to remind people that you're not a Trump supporter.

Why do you think that's the case?

sometimes it's because posters claim I am. other times it's because context matters. other times i think it's important to note that i'm a gop that doesn't.

Why do you think it's the case that you scream at clouds?

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Are you not paying attention?

He literally did not want to leave office after he lost the election. That’s why he’s in court.

11 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I answered you. You didn't like the answer. Move on

If you say that you’re not a Trump supporter, I believe you I am a absolute Trump hater

8 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

sometimes it's because posters claim I am. other times it's because context matters. other times i think it's important to note that i'm a gop that doesn't.

Why do you think it's the case that you scream at clouds?

I think it is because you spend more time supporting Nazis and trashing democrats.

That's all you do here.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

If you say that you’re not a Trump supporter, I believe you I am a absolute Trump hater

I have to feel a politician has strong character and ethics for me to be able to support him/her. Trump doesn't. I align with him on many policy issues.

Tulsi Gabbard seems to impeccable character. Ben Sasse is another. Liz Cheney did have, I lost quite a bit of faith in her though because I think she intentionally left out important information in the Jan 6 committee hearings (so disappointing for a Wyo rep to do).

I'm for fairness and there aren't that many politicians today that are for fairness.

Just now, Pokebball said:

I have to feel a politician has strong character and ethics for me to be able to support him/her. Trump doesn't. I align with him on many policy issues.

Tulsi Gabbard seems to impeccable character. Ben Sasse is another. Liz Cheney did have, I lost quite a bit of faith in her though because I think she intentionally left out important information in the Jan 6 committee hearings (so disappointing for a Wyo rep to do).

I'm for fairness and there aren't that many politicians today that are for fairness.

Tulsi Gabbard ran for president as a Democrat whenever she didn’t get the nomination she went Republican

That is not high charactor

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I think it is because you spend more time supporting Nazis and trashing democrats.

That's all you do here.

Well, you might be missing a certain context that exists on this board. At least for me it's a place to get sarcastic, colorful, express irony, invoke godwins law, and such. You should try it!

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Tulsi Gabbard ran for president as a Democrat whenever she didn’t get the nomination she went Republican

That is not high charactor

She's an independent now. I appreciated the fact she called out a dems lack of character. Similar to what Liz did. Neither side took either of them very well. There's too much "go team" in many repubs and dems these days.

This whole problem with immunity for Trump is the fault of the people that actually elected him. We have gotten to a point in this country where we are willing to have someone of such low, moral fiber sit in the president seat. Therefore, that person cannot have immunity because we can’t trust him to use it correctly

5 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Well, you might be missing a certain context that exists on this board. At least for me it's a place to get sarcastic, colorful, express irony, invoke godwins law, and such. You should try it!

Hoax.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Are you not paying attention?

He literally did not want to leave office after he lost the election. That’s why he’s in court.

Maybe you weren't paying attention John but, despite not wanting to leave office, he actually did.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

You'd think they'd want to bring weapons to a planned coup.

They did.

Can you believe all the people that were unnecessarily injured and died that day?

Trump even killed little Miss Taliban.

Aren’t you proud to be an American?

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Because he didn’t have control of the military you can bet that if he had control of the military he’d still be there

Sure John.  :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Doc said:

Maybe you weren't paying attention John but, despite not wanting to leave office, he actually did.

Only because he couldn't pull it off.

He will do it if he can if given another chance and his supporters here, and everywhere else, will say it's the right thing.

That's guaranteed.

13 hours ago, Doc said:

It's not about the crowd wanting a coup. It's about Trump wanting a coup, and the people in Congress backing his attempt.

• Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Only because he couldn't pull it off.

He will do it if he can if given another chance and his supporters here, and everywhere else, will say it's the right thing.

That's guaranteed.

It's not about the crowd wanting a coup. It's about Trump wanting a coup, and the people in Congress backing his attempt.

Fool me twenty times...

And again, how do you overthrow a government without (as Joke said) F-16s and nukes, or even firearms?  Obviously he wanted to stay in power but there was obviously zero coordination since there's no evidence at all he told them to break into the Capitol, and we know they didn't bring firearms.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Fool me twenty times...

And again, how do you overthrow a government without (as Joke said) F-16s and nukes, or even firearms?  Obviously he wanted to stay in power but there was obviously zero coordination since there's no evidence at all he told them to break into the Capitol, and we know they didn't bring firearms.

👆🤡 - No matter how absurd, Doc will stubbornly defend his position until his last breath. ETTD.

On 1/19/2024 at 6:57 PM, John from Riverside said:

Because he didn’t have control of the military you can bet that if he had control of the military he’d still be there

If he had control of the martian space force it would have been even worse :) 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 1/19/2024 at 8:24 PM, Doc said:

they had weapons.  lots of them:  poles, pepper spray, chemical agents, zip ties, gallows etc...

Just now, Pokebball said:

If he had control of the martian space force it would have been even worse :) 

Wow, this is such a weak argument we will dock you 5 points.  dummy.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

they had weapons.  lots of them:  poles, pepper spray, chemical agents, zip ties, gallows etc...

LOL!  Yeah, that'll get it done...

You guys are so ***** gullible.

Just now, Doc said:

LOL!  Yeah, that'll get it done...

You guys are so ***** gullible.

it wasn't meant to end the civil war dummy.  it was meant to ignite it.  but you're correct.  gullible MAGA's here believed you were actually a doctor for years.  I knew you were a lying string of putrid puke from the beginning

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

9 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

it wasn't meant to end the civil war dummy.  it was meant to ignite it.  but you're correct.  gullible MAGA's here believed you were actually a doctor for years.  I knew you were a lying string of putrid puke from the beginning

You're as stupid as they want you, poser.  Doctor my ass.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1