The Walls be Closing

Kemp

30 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The last time I checked, those cities were still there

So is the Capitol.  In fact it's even more secure than its ever been.  Can't say the same about those cities...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeah, but nobody’s saying that people destroyed the capital

Are you even listening to what you’re typing?

Did you see what happened to those cities during the Summer of 2020?  The "mostly peaceful protests" with fires raging behind reporters, stores being looted and people being injured or killed?  Billions of dollars in damage.  That's what I mean by "destroyed," John.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Doc said:

What ruling?  What dictatorial things are you thinking he's going to do (that he didn't do the first time)?

Dems are always saying that Trump/Repubs will end democracy.  Again he specifically said "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."  That sentence didn't make it into his speech by accident.

As i wrote earlier

"Let's say Trump becomes President and does something unconstitutional and the Supreme Court declares it so.

Then suppose Trump disregards the Supreme Court, which he would. All of his supporters in Congress would back Trump.

The Supreme Court has no way of enforcing their verdict. That's when you have a dictatorship".

Again, if Trump disregards ANY Supreme Court ruling, what would stop him?

It took me a while to understand that Trumpers will support anything he were to do.

Would you prefer Orban or the loon from Argentina to what we currently have?

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Literally, none of you answered my question

They never answer.

It would reveal too much about them.

7 hours ago, Doc said:

So is the Capitol.  In fact it's even more secure than its ever been.  Can't say the same about those cities...

What is the reason that the Capitol is more secure than ever?

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

As i wrote earlier

"Let's say Trump becomes President and does something unconstitutional and the Supreme Court declares it so.

Then suppose Trump disregards the Supreme Court, which he would. All of his supporters in Congress would back Trump.

The Supreme Court has no way of enforcing their verdict. That's when you have a dictatorship".

Again, if Trump disregards ANY Supreme Court ruling, what would stop him?

It took me a while to understand that Trumpers will support anything he were to do.

You gave no specific example, just a vague "what if he does this?!!!!!!!"  It's more of the same bull#### we heard prior to 2017.

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

What is the reason that the Capitol is more secure than ever?

Because of what happened on J6 obviously, thanks to the the pathetic lack of security provided that day despite advanced warning.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

You gave no specific example, just a vague "what if he does this?!!!!!!!"  It's more of the same bull#### we heard prior to 2017.

Because of what happened on J6 obviously, thanks to the the pathetic lack of security provided that day despite advanced warning.

I have to give the specifics of what Trump might do for you to have an opinion?

Let's try and make it simpler for you.

If ANY President did something that the Supreme Court deemed unconstitutional, how would the Supreme Court enforce it if the President disregarded the ruling?

It's outstanding thinking that the J6 violence that Trump watched on TV for 3 hours without intervening is someone else's fault.

You really are an idiot.

35 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I have to give the specifics of what Trump might do for you to have an opinion?

Let's try and make it simpler for you.

If ANY President did something that the Supreme Court deemed unconstitutional, how would the Supreme Court enforce it if the President disregarded the ruling?

It's outstanding thinking that the J6 violence that Trump watched on TV for 3 hours without intervening is someone else's fault.

You really are an idiot.

Let me make it simple for you.  What unconstitutional thing did he continue doing despite SCOTUS' ruling the first time?  I heard you morons talking about how he'd be a dictator and start WWIII prior to 2017 so that stuff is old.  Would he, say, allow an invasion by illegals under the guise of "immunity"?  How about continuing to foist student loan forgiveness?

And no, Trump didn't watch for 3 hours before intervening.  He tweeted something soon after and it was deleted.  Not that anyone was listening to him at that point anyway.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Let me make it simple for you.  What unconstitutional thing did he continue doing despite SCOTUS' ruling the first time?  I heard you morons talking about how he'd be a dictator and start WWIII prior to 2017 so that stuff is old.  Would he, say, allow an invasion by illegals under the guise of "immunity"?  How about continuing to foist student loan forgiveness?

And no, Trump didn't watch for 3 hours before intervening.  He tweeted something soon after and it was deleted.  Not that anyone was listening to him at that point anyway.

He tweeted something that he deleted?

Hours later he held a press conference where he called the Capitol invaders great people.

Before that he was watching on TV with people celebrating what was going on.

You keep answering questions that I never asked and avoiding answering the questions I asked.

You can't be that stupid, so it's just you being a coward.

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

He tweeted something that he deleted?

Hours later he held a press conference where he called the Capitol invaders great people.

Before that he was watching on TV with people celebrating what was going on.

You keep answering questions that I never asked and avoiding answering the questions I asked.

You can't be that stupid, so it's just you being a coward.

Rioters broke into the Capitol somewhere around 2:11-2:16 PM.  Trump tweeted at 2:38: "Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!"  Then again at 3:13 he tweeted: "I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!"  So much for watching for 3 hours. :rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

There any uproar from the right here?

This one example will probably have more evidence than anything on Joe.

The cult acknowledge this? 

HAHAHAHAHA

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Rioters broke into the Capitol somewhere around 2:11-2:16 PM Trump tweeted at 2:38: "Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!"  Then again at 3:13 he tweeted: "I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!"  So much for watching for 3 hours. :rolleyes:

Not accurate.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/jan-6-hearings-news-live/card/jan-6-timeline-riot-at-the-capitol-e99jxTMAzv3IB744gZNf

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_January_6_United_States_Capitol_attack#:~:text=At 12%3A49 p.m.%2C Capitol,building through the Columbus Doors.

17 hours ago, Doc said:

Did you see what happened to those cities during the Summer of 2020?  The "mostly peaceful protests" with fires raging behind reporters, stores being looted and people being injured or killed?  Billions of dollars in damage.  That's what I mean by "destroyed," John.  :rolleyes:

I understood what you meant, Doc, because I'm a center-right voter.  Of course this was horrific, of course people suffered greatly, of course fires raged, of course there were injuries and deaths. 

What I think @John from Riverside actually meant to say was he didn't really want to talk about this because he doesn't care about any of that. 

22 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No uproar from me.  Washington politics.  Play on. 

Are you uproared? 

Glad you ask.  I am not.  I recognize the crook for what he is and always has been.  Using the politics as always excuse is lazy and inaccurate.   He's the most crooked politician our country has ever had the misfortune to elect.  While the entire Republican party, so far laughably, attacks Joe only a small portion have integrity attack the man child constantly breaking the rules and sometimes the law.  He'll get his though.  It's coming.  I think.

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I understood what you meant, Doc, because I'm a center-right voter.  Of course this was horrific, of course people suffered greatly, of course fires raged, of course there were injuries and deaths. 

What I think @John from Riverside actually meant to say was he didn't really want to talk about this because he doesn't care about any of that. 

I guess.  I'm not sure when "destroyed" meant "obliterated" and the damage, both financial and long-lasting, done during the Summer of 2020 was exponentially higher than on J6.

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Glad you ask.  I am not.  I recognize the crook for what he is and always has been.  Using the politics as always excuse is lazy and inaccurate.   He's the most crooked politician our country has ever had the misfortune to elect.  While the entire Republican party, so far laughably, attacks Joe only a small portion have integrity attack the man child constantly breaking the rules and sometimes the law.  He'll get his thought.  It's coming.  I think.

What exactly was inaccurate and lazy about mentioning politics in response to your post citing the comments of political figures, acting as members of a specific political party, about other political figures, where you asked about uproar from one side of the political spectrum?   Then, after flipping your gumbo about lazy and inaccurate, you proceed to comment on political parties and politicians. 

When you go to one of your Michelin restaurants, and the waiter asks you if you would like a drink, do you go on a screed about waiters of restaurants past who forgot to bring you bread?  Do you encumber him with your opinion on like, all the worst….restaurants…eveeeerrrrrrrr.? 

Observationally, sentences 1 and 2 of your reply, no uproar noted.  Sentences 3-7,  you sounded uproared, a little, just a bit. Maybe. I think. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I guess.  I'm not sure when "destroyed" meant "obliterated" and the damage, both financial and long-lasting, done during the Summer of 2020 was exponentially higher than on J6.

If only Trump’s mob would have stayed home and not caused all that damage.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Doc said:

Rioters broke into the Capitol somewhere around 2:11-2:16 PM.  Trump tweeted at 2:38: "Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!"  Then again at 3:13 he tweeted: "I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!"  So much for watching for 3 hours. :rolleyes:

You said the tweet was deleted. Was it or not?

Why did it take so long for him to go in front of cameras?

Why did he call the rioters great people?

Do you believe the rioters were Trump supporters, or are you like some who still say they were Antifa?

And you still haven't answered what recourse the Supreme Court would have if a President ignored a ruling?

13 hours ago, Kemp said:

Super cool!

I wonder if Trump the teenage ninja turtle a big hug

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You said the tweet was deleted. Was it or not?

Why did it take so long for him to go in front of cameras?

Why did he call the rioters great people?

Do you believe the rioters were Trump supporters, or are you like some who still say they were Antifa?

And you still haven't answered what recourse the Supreme Court would have if a President ignored a ruling?

I think that a person‘s words and actions explain them best. Trump has said repeatedly, that if he is reelected that he will get the mob out of jail that’s really all anybody needs to know to see where his mind is at.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I wonder if Trump the teenage ninja turtle a big hug

I think that a person‘s words and actions explain them best. Trump has said repeatedly, that if he is reelected that he will get the mob out of jail that’s really all anybody needs to know to see where his mind is at.

Why wouldn't he?

He said they're great people and now that God has personally endorsed Trump, it's all but over.

24 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I don't think Trump will ever see jail... but this guy should NEVER step foot in the White House again.

I’m having a hard time, believing that he will ever see inside of jail cell

That’s a lot of charges though maybe house arrest

• Dislike 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I’m having a hard time, believing that he will ever see inside of jail cell

That’s a lot of charges though maybe house arrest

strongly disagree.  the secret service will babysit.

i suspect we agree that some of the maggots here will try to start a pitchfork civil war over it....

"Kavanaugh is often portrayed as a potential swing vote on the US Supreme Court given its current 6-3 conservative majority. Trump's three appointees to the court, including Kavanaugh, cemented that majority but as NBC News pointed out it's far from a given that they always side with his positions. For example, the court refused to block the House January 6 committee from obtaining Trump White House records related to the Capitol attack. Justices also threw out Texas' long-shot challenge to contest the 2020 presidential election."

We can also count on Roberts so this is a done deal.  will uncle tom clarence recuse himself?  go with the majority?  I think not.

7 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

we disagree.  minor, unimportant issue.  doesn't matter how rapidly as long as it happens. how's the 14th amendment issue looking to u right now?  the immunity issue?

the burden is on you and the dems. how do you think it's looking right now?