The Walls be Closing

Kemp

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

Quack, MD melting down daily.  Beautiful.

😂

Quack MD into the corn liquor on top of that hill it seems.  It sure can burn!

😂

no but there's not a thing wrong with that.  wine from the douro region of portugal.  villa has a nice kitchen and wine cellar.  my b in law is one of about 40 masters of wine worldwide, elite. Based in Zurich.  shitey golfer but wtf, he's him.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

was my meaning conveyed?  transcriptionoist over the hill.

We live in an age where the redhawks and Trumps of the world can vomit up any words that come along and go with a “was my meaning conveyed” response. Interesting. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

And you asked each one whether I was a factor?  Get back to me when u do that

No because a) you're a nobody and b) you weren't even here when most of them left. 

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Especially now with so many fleeing that state.  

While on the topic of California.

Eff. 70M dollar deficit. crime spiking in cities.  Taxpayers, small businesses fleeing.   But they got the big issues handled.  

Made a law that mug shots have to use the pro nouns the person states they are.  this could get interesting.

With respect to an individual who has been arrested for any crime, this bill would require a police department or sheriff’s office, upon posting a booking photo on social media, to use the name and pronouns given by the individual arrested. The bill would authorize a police department or sheriff’s office to use other legal names or known aliases of an individual in limited specified circumstances.

Bill Text - AB-994 Law enforcement: social media. (ca.gov)

Even CNN ran an article explaining how this crap is only making trump more popular and hurting the optics of the ones claiming to care about democracy as they use every angle possible to make sure the dude that got 75 million American votes, isn't on the ballot.  IF the dems policies, economy is so good, You should win on your actions.  your platform.  the results of said policies.  

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/21/opinions/colorado-removes-trump-from-ballot-linker/index.html

The Colorado Supreme Court’s decision Tuesday disqualifying former President Donald Trump from appearing on the state’s presidential ballot is breathtakingly foolish.

Damon Linker

Brenda Carpenter

"I say that as someone who considers Trump an aspiring authoritarian who poses a serious threat to democracy in America. Unfortunately, many people who agree with me in this judgment — including the lawyers who supported the gambit of arguing that Section 3 of the 14th Amendment bars Trump from running and the Colorado judges who were persuaded by it — believe the former president can be neutralized by appealing to a clause of the Constitution written to exclude members of an armed rebellion against the United States (who had surrendered after defeat in the Civil War) from holding office.

But this is an illusion. Trump fundamentally represents a political problem, which means he can only be beaten in the political arena. Efforts to take him down by other means will only make him stronger."

One needn’t be a populist to recognize what’s happening here: A solid majority of the Republican electorate wants Trump to be its nominee, but those who really wield power in our system have decided they will not permit it. So far this has only happened in Colorado. But now that a state has acted, courts in other states are sure to follow. I can’t think of a series of events more likely than this to shred the legitimacy of the judicial branch of government among Republican voters — and for good reason.

And that's only focusing on the redub voters.

Not the huge amount of people that distrust the cops/judges as seen with the defund police/BLM/Eff 12 riots.

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

She’s hot in a nerdy, brave way. I’d do her

ugh. chauvinistic much.

Ironic she has Fredrick Douglas on the wall in the picture.

Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down. They know its power. Thrones, dominions, principalities, and powers, founded in injustice and wrong, are sure to tremble, if men are allowed to reason... Equally clear is the right to hear. To suppress free speech is a double wrong. It violates the rights of the hearer as well as those of the speaker.

Frederick Douglass

Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe.

Frederick Douglass

A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Frederick Douglass

Then was also friends with twain who had great quotes on democracy.

If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.

Mark Twain

But in this country we have one great privilege which they don't have in other countries. When a thing gets to be absolutely unbearable the people can rise up and throw it off. That's the finest asset we've got - the ballot box.

Mark Twain

Happy New Year to those who don't want to live under a dictator.

In 1928, Adolf Hitler said: "We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity. Our movement is Christian."

Trumpers are now saying the exact same thing.

Their goal is a "pure" Christian nation, and for some of them it must be a Protestant nation.

Michael Flynn is calling for only one religion in America and if Trump wins, it's likely Flynn ends up part of the government. 

The most powerful Republican woman, MTG is a Christian Nationalist.

‐--------------------------------------------

When Einstein gave lectures at U.S. universities, the recurring question that students asked him most was:

- Do you believe in God?

And he always answered:

- I believe in the God of Spinoza.

Baruch de Spinoza was a Dutch philosopher considered one of the great rationalists of 17th century philosophy, along with Descartes.

(Spinoza) : God would say:

Stop praying.

What I want you to do is go out into the world and enjoy your life. I want you to sing, have fun and enjoy everything I've made for you.

Stop going into those dark, cold temples that you built yourself and saying they are my house. My house is in the mountains, in the woods, rivers, lakes, beaches. That's where I live and there I express my love for you.

Stop blaming me for your miserable life; I never told you there was anything wrong with you or that you were a sinner, or that your sexuality was a bad thing. Sex is a gift I have given you and with which you can express your love, your ecstasy, your joy. So don't blame me for everything they made you believe.

Stop reading alleged sacred scriptures that have nothing to do with me. If you can't read me in a sunrise, in a landscape, in the look of your friends, in your son's eyes... ➤ you will find me in no book!

Stop asking me "will you tell me how to do my job?" Stop being so scared of me. I do not judge you or criticize you, nor get angry, or bothered. I am pure love.

Stop asking for forgiveness, there's nothing to forgive. If I made you... I filled you with passions, limitations, pleasures, feelings, needs, inconsistencies... free will.

How can I blame you if you respond to something I put in you? How can I punish you for being the way you are, if I'm the one who made you? Do you think I could create a place to burn all my children who behave badly for the rest of eternity? What kind of god would do that?

Respect your peers and don't do what you don't want for yourself. All I ask is that you pay attention in your life, that alertness is your guide.

My beloved, this life is not a test, not a step on the way, not a rehearsal, nor a prelude to paradise. This life is the only thing here and now and it is all you need.

I have set you absolutely free, no prizes or punishments, no sins or virtues, no one carries a marker, no one keeps a record.
You are absolutely free to create in your life. Heaven or hell.

➤ I can't tell you if there's anything after this life but I can give you a tip. Live as if there is not. As if this is your only chance to enjoy, to love, to exist.

So, if there's nothing after, then you will have enjoyed the opportunity I gave you. And if there is, rest assured that I won't ask if you behaved right or wrong, I'll ask. Did you like it? Did you have fun? What did you enjoy the most? What did you learn?...

Stop believing in me; believing is assuming, guessing, imagining. I don't want you to believe in me, I want you to believe in you. I want you to feel me in you when you kiss your beloved, when you tuck in your little girl, when you caress your dog, when you bathe in the sea.

Stop praising me, what kind of egomaniac God do you think I am?

I'm bored being praised. I'm tired of being thanked. Feeling grateful? Prove it by taking care of yourself, your health, your relationships, the world. Express your joy! That's the way to praise me.

Stop complicating things and repeating as a parakeet what you've been taught about me.

What do you need more miracles for? So many explanations?

The only thing for sure is that you are here, that you are alive, that this world is full of wonders.

- Spinoza

3 hours ago, Doc said:

We heard he'd be a dictator and start WWIII the first time.  Fool me once...

He was stopped by those around him, but you know that.

Noted that you didn't dispute that Christian Nationalism now dominates Trumpland.

Are you a Christian Nationalist?

If Trump is the next President, will you support Christian Nationalism?

Would you be okay with Flynn being part of the government again?

I know you will avoid answering these questions because you're too cowardly to do so.

11 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Noted that you didn't dispute that Christian Nationalism now dominates Trumpland.

I know you will avoid answering these questions because you're too cowardly to do so.

Such as. what was his dictator moves that were stopped?

Did he try to spy on the opposition?  pull a Watergate?

New boogie man talking point, "Christian Nationalist."

Is there a preferred religion? Are some not allowed?   then Patriot vs Nationalist.

Goebbels would be proud of whoever you are parroting.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

Those around him stopped what?  And at gunpoint?

No, I'm an atheist.

As for Flynn, no I'd rather he not be.  But there are a lot in Joke's Admin who should be *****-canned but won't be, so...

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

On 1/1/2024 at 1:31 PM, Tommy Callahan said:

Such as. what was his dictator moves that were stopped?

Did he try to spy on the opposition?  pull a Watergate?

New boogie man talking point, "Christian Nationalist."

Is there a preferred religion? Are some not allowed?   then Patriot vs Nationalist.

Goebbels would be proud of whoever you are parroting.

The prime dictatorial attempt that was stopped was the attempt to overturn the election.

Contributing parts were false electors, the attempt to blackmail a State Secretary of State, and there were plenty more, but this is a waste of time.

Let's see if you can answer the question of whether a sitting President has total immunity. That is what his attorneys are currently claiming.

Christian Nationalist is not something created by opponents of Trump. It is the words of Trump supporters. It seeks to create an official state religion. Do you support this?

And once again you will be unable these simple questions because either you know it would be an admission that I am right or you're too dense to understand the topic being discussed.

Prove me wrong and answer.

Yeah, everyone knows you can't. 

23 hours ago, Doc said:

Those around him stopped what?  And at gunpoint?

No, I'm an atheist.

As for Flynn, no I'd rather he not be.  But there are a lot in Joke's Admin who should be *****-canned but won't be, so...

You missed when Pence disobeyed Trump?

Really?

As an atheist you would be okay with a state religion? 

If it happened would you want Trump removed from office?

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

You missed when Pence disobeyed Trump?

Really?

As an atheist you would be okay with a state religion? 

If it happened would you want Trump removed from office?

Pence did what he was required to do.  Trump did nothing to him as a result of his disobedience.

No I would not be okay with a state religion.  Because it would be unconstitutional.  And it has zero chance of happening unless you're stupid enough (ahem) to believe he'll be able to institute things without them being overturned.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Pence did what he was required to do.  Trump did nothing to him as a result of his disobedience.

No I would not be okay with a state religion.  Because it would be unconstitutional.  And it has zero chance of happening unless you're stupid enough (ahem) to believe he'll be able to institute things without them being overturned.

Trump allowed his followers to sack the capital for hours while they hoisted a gallows outside calling to hang pence

Come on Doc

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Trump allowed his followers to sack the capital for hours while they hoisted a gallows outside calling to hang pence

Come on Doc

"Allowed"?  How?  He wasn't responsible for the criminal lack of security that day and he told the protestors to "peacefully and patriotically make [their] voices heard."  Obviously they didn't listen.  Not once did he say or even insinuate anything about entering the Capitol, and without the Capitol being breached, this is a non-event.

As for the gallows, if you've seen it, there's a sign on it that says "this is art" and in no way could that have hanged even Kathy Griffin.  Was it in poor taste?  Absolutely, but I've never excused any actions like that or breaking into the Capitol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Doc said:

What could Trump do to Pence?

You've just said Pence did what what was required, yet Trump tried to prevent that, which was unconstitutional. 

Therefore it's clear to you that Trump if given the chance will do things that are unconstitutional. 

Let's say Trump becomes President and does something unconstitutional and the Supreme  Court declares it so.

Then suppose Trump disregards the Supreme Court, which he would. All of his supporters in Congress would back Trump.

The Supreme Court has no way of enforcing their verdict. That's when you have a dictatorship. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

What could Trump do to Pence?

You've just said Pence did what what was required, yet Trump tried to prevent that, which was unconstitutional. 

Therefore it's clear to you that Trump if given the chance will do things that are unconstitutional. 

Let's say Trump becomes President and does something unconstitutional and the Supreme  Court declares it so.

Then suppose Trump disregards the Supreme Court, which he would. All of his supporters in Congress would back Trump.

The Supreme Court has no way of enforcing their verdict. That's when you have a dictatorship. 

Disregards it… how?

Whether they are guilty of insurrection or not.

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

Disregards it… how?

What could the Supreme Could do about Trump disregarding their ruling?

• Like (+1) 1

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4386817-trump-rhetoric-increasingly-apocalyptic-haberman-says/

“[Trump] has been speaking — as have a lot of his supporters and a lot of folks on the right — in increasingly apocalyptic terms, describing essentially the country is on fire, describing everything as in tumult, describing everything as terrible, describing everything as the ultimate fight to take the country back, quote-unquote.” Haberman said Tuesday in an interview on CNN, where she is also an analyst.

“What he’s been saying all year is, some version of, ‘I am your retribution,’” she added.

In speeches in recent months, Trump has described “far-left thugs” as “vermin” and said migrants are “poisoning the blood of our country.”

and the MAGAs here are good with all this.  speak up magas, I can't hear you.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

18 hours ago, Doc said:

"Allowed"?  How?  He wasn't responsible for the criminal lack of security that day and he told the protestors to "peacefully and patriotically make [their] voices heard."  Obviously they didn't listen.  Not once did he say or even insinuate anything about entering the Capitol, and without the Capitol being breached, this is a non-event.

As for the gallows, if you've seen it, there's a sign on it that says "this is art" and in no way could that have hanged even Kathy Griffin.  Was it in poor taste?  Absolutely, but I've never excused any actions like that or breaking into the Capitol.

There were other elements to that speech dock it’s not surprising me that you do not call them out

” not gonna have a country anymore”

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

What could the Supreme Could do about Trump disregarding their ruling?

What ruling?  What dictatorial things are you thinking he's going to do (that he didn't do the first time)?

38 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There were other elements to that speech dock it’s not surprising me that you do not call them out

” not gonna have a country anymore”

Dems are always saying that Trump/Repubs will end democracy.  Again he specifically said "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."  That sentence didn't make it into his speech by accident.

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Dems are always saying that Trump/Repubs will end democracy.  Again he specifically said "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."  That sentence didn't make it into his speech by accident.

Our resident “doctor” and “independent” defending the person who stood to benefit the most if the terrorists were successful.

We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore

Meanwhile, you have the Presidents personal lawyer calling the “R congressmen” to delay the vote.

"Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen

The cult is failing at whitewashing the most corrupt POTUS of our lifetime. 

• Like (+1) 1