The Walls be Closing

Kemp

37 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Weak. Most Dems would love to vote for an option other than old Joe but Joe is the only choice we got. Biden is about the least radical choice there is in the Democratic Party. Democratic Party is also not a cult, following one person with flags, hats and shirts. 

Joe's not the only choice you have.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Joe's not the only choice you have.  

Who?

Better to have an old man than an old man who tried and is still trying to overthrow the government. 

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Fairly significant downward departure from the guidelines and what the government was seeking. Guy is very lucky.

But, but, he was just a tourist.

12 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Who?

Better to have an old man than an old man who tried and is still trying to overthrow the government. 

Not really.  The point being we'd like to see other options but we'll still vote for who gets nominated.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/28/2023 at 9:57 AM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I'll say it again Farley.  People who cheat at golf, cheat at life.  They also lessen a great but frustrating, difficult game...

Seems like helmet head is the preferred con hairstyle right now.  totally appropriate.

It’s a fact that people who lie constantly are not people who should be in charge of anything. Joke biden is the poster boy for pathological liars.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Westside said:

It’s a fact that people who lie constantly are not people who should be in charge of anything. Joke biden is the poster boy for pathological liars.

You see, they don't think he lies.  Or it's that he doesn't lie as much as Trump does so it's OK.

Both are delusional.

• Agree 2

33 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

I remember republicans saying Hillary was unfit to run and on her death bed when she had pneumonia. 

Biden's problems are far more serious than pneumonia.

The man is divorced from reality, and every week provides more evidence of this.

• Agree 2

42 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What evidence? 

His claim that he almost lost his wife, cat and Corvette in a housefire. Totally false.

The details of a claim of a friendship and  conversations with an Amtrak conductor. Totally false.

The claim that he convinced Strom Thurmond to vote for the Civil Rights Act when he was 21. Totally false.

The claim that his grandfather died in the same hospital weeks before he was born. Totally false. 

His claim of securing a Purple Heart for his Uncle Frank while Vice President. Probably false.

I am not going to do a review of his plagiarism, which got him exposed during a failed attempt to run for president in 1988, or his ridiculously false claims about his academic record.

The man has been lying and self aggrandizing for decades, and as his cognitive ability is in obvious decline, he simply has lost contact with reality. 

Late edit.

I forgot to add his lying claim that he was not presented with an option from SecDef and Chairman JCS to leave a 2000 person contingent to protect the disgraceful evacuation of Afghanistan. He was, and he lied about it.

Edited by sherpa
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Most Dems would probably prefer somebody else run. But because we have a two-party first-past-the-post system, nobody is going to want to challenge an incumbent in the primaries. So Biden is the only realistic option. Sucks, but it is what it is.

I have no problem admitting that Biden is getting conspicuously too old to serve another term.  But there is also no reason for Democrats to immediately put forth a successor - or even worry about it - until next summer.  The Republican party is in utter shambles because it’s being held hostage by Trump.

How can anyone possibly reconcile the fact that Trump is polling around 50% in the GOP primary while facing 91 felony indictments?  It’s the most laughable thing I’ve ever seen in my life.  The only two Republicans that are even willing to call this out are Christie and Hutchinson.  Even Liz Cheney, someone who voted with Trump over 90% of the time while serving as a Congresswoman, lost her WY seat and was completely ostracized from the party for daring to call Trump out on his misdeeds - and this was before any actual legal exposure.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, sherpa said:

His claim that he almost lost his wife, cat and Corvette in a housefire. Totally false.

The details of a claim of a friendship and  conversations with an Amtrak conductor. Totally false.

The claim that he convinced Strom Thurmond to vote for the Civil Rights Act when he was 21. Totally false.

The claim that his grandfather died in the same hospital weeks before he was born. Totally false. 

His claim of securing a Purple Heart for his Uncle Frank while Vice President. Probably false.

I am not going to do a review of his plagiarism, which got him exposed during a failed attempt to run for president in 1988, or his ridiculously false claims about his academic record.

The man has been lying and self aggrandizing for decades, and as his cognitive ability is in obvious decline, he simply has lost contact with reality. 

Late edit.

I forgot to add his lying claim that he was not presented with an option from DecDef and Chairman JCS to leave a 2000 person contingent to protect the disgraceful evacuation of Afghanistan. He was, and he lied about it.

The difference between Trump the scumbag liar and Biden is that Biden’s “lies” as you put them, are harmless.  He embellishes personal stories or is forgetful.  And he actually tries to do the right thing with regard to governance.  He is not attacking anyone and everyone who disagrees with him or rage-tweeting with 16-year-old girls in the middle of the night. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, sherpa said:

There was a fire in his house that damaged his kitchen, caused by a lightning strike. Might be an exaggeration.

The second one is a lie.

The third one is a lie.

The fourth one is a lie.

The fifth one has some lies in it.

Here are two links to some of Trump's lies (over 30,000 of them)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-database/?itid=lk_inline_manual_11

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_or_misleading_statements_by_Donald_Trump

ALL politicians lie sometimes.

Biden's lies were of no consequence to any of our lives.

Trump has uttered multiple lies repeatedly that have greatly damaged the country and continue to do so. By far the worst one is his lie that the election was stolen from him. This has fractured America to a place not seen in over 150 years. 

That's at the heart of why some of his supporters have ended up in prison and why more will continue to be imprisoned. 

Those who aligned themselves with Trump's biggest lie will learn what every person who puts it on the line for him learn. That he couldn't care less what happens to these people or anyone else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Kemp said:

There was a fire in his house that damaged his kitchen, caused by a lightning strike. Might be an exaggeration.

The second one is a lie.

The third one is a lie.

The fourth one is a lie.

The fifth one has some lies in it.

Here are two links to some of Trump's lies (over 30,000 of them)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-database/?itid=lk_inline_manual_11

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_or_misleading_statements_by_Donald_Trump

ALL politicians lie sometimes.

Biden's lies were of no consequence to any of our lives.

Trump has uttered multiple lies repeatedly that have greatly damaged the country and continue to do so. By far the worst one is his lie that the election was stolen from him. This has fractured America to a place not seen in over 150 years. 

That's at the heart of why some of his supporters have ended up in prison and why more will continue to be imprisoned. 

Those who aligned themselves with Trump's biggest lie will learn what every person who puts it on the line for him learn. That he couldn't care less what happens to these people or anyone else.

I hate to quote such a lengthy post to make such a simple point but......I don't give a rat's about Trump, and he has nothing to do with Biden's obvious, repeated separation from reality.

His extremely minor kitchen fire, was which in no conceivable way nearly resulted in a loss of his wife cat or Corvette, in no human way comes close to what happened to the people he was addressing in Maui.

• Like (+1) 1

I have no problem admitting that Biden is getting conspicuously too old to serve another term.  But there is also no reason for Democrats to immediately put forth a successor - or even worry about it - until next summer.  The Republican party is in utter shambles because it’s being held hostage by Trump

We get it. the left loves the establishment GOP.  they both feed from the same trough and represent the same groups.

But trumps platform, has the support of whoever takes it and is believable.

The status quo is failing the majority of US.

• Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Since when do Republicans care about the “majority of [the] U.S.?  What happened to the “pull yourself up by your bootstraps”mantra?”

Or, to quote Mr. French in The Departed, “This is America! If you can’t make money, you’re a douchebag!”

Just now, 49er Fan said:

Since when do Republicans care about the “majority of [the] U.S.?  What happened to the “pull yourself up by your bootstraps”mantra?”

Or, to quote Mr. French in The Departed, “This is America! If you can’t make money, you’re a douchebag!”

there you are again confusing republicans with people that don't agree with the corporatism we currently have.

6 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

there you are again confusing republicans with people that don't agree with the corporatism we currently have.

Oh, ok.  But the fact that millions of Americans being drawn to the “evangelical” label because of its association with the G.O.P. is better?

Because I was only referring to recent lies, I didn't mention his grossly fabricated academic record.

Three undergraduate degrees and finishing in the top half of his graduating law school class.

Lied about his families history in the coal mines.

His "great honor of being arrested on the streets of Soweto with our UN Ambassador  trying to see Nelson Mandela." 

Lied about visiting Afghanistan to visit a "Naval Officer," which is my favorite because it is so bizarre.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-tells-poignant-story-about-his-encounter-hank-berrien

12 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Because I was only referring to recent lies, I didn't mention his grossly fabricated academic record.

Three undergraduate degrees and finishing in the top half of his graduating law school class.

Lied about his families history in the coal mines.

His "great honor of being arrested on the streets of Soweto with our UN Ambassador  trying to see Nelson Mandela." 

Lied about visiting Afghanistan to visit a "Naval Officer," which is my favorite because it is so bizarre.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-tells-poignant-story-about-his-encounter-hank-berrien

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/jan/13/joe-biden/evidence-scant-joe-biden-was-arrested-protesting-c/

Left off an oldie but goodie. 

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

Late edit.

I forgot to add his lying claim that he was not presented with an option from SecDef and Chairman JCS to leave a 2000 person contingent to protect the disgraceful evacuation of Afghanistan. He was, and he lied about it.

Fine. Not good. But we can agree none of those BS stories rise anywhere near the level of the lies surrounding the 2020 election Trump told that led to violence at the capital, right? 

We can agree on that, right? 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Fine. Not good. But we can agree none of those BS stories rise anywhere near the level of the lies surrounding the 2020 election Trump told that led to violence at the capital, right? 

We can agree on that, right? 

I have said repeatedly that I don't give a rat's about Trump.

It is wacky the way people habitually attempt to diminish a pathological liar's repeated claims of history that never happened with some justification with someone else.

The man is crazy.

You asked me for evidence of his separation from reality and I provided it, citing many examples, some most recent, and if I cared to, I could do this for an entire day.

He is a career liar. Period.

Nothing to do with Trump or anyone else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

I hate to quote such a lengthy post to make such a simple point but......I don't give a rat's about Trump, and he has nothing to do with Biden's obvious, repeated separation from reality.

His extremely minor kitchen fire, was which in no conceivable way nearly resulted in a loss of his wife cat or Corvette, in no human way comes close to what happened to the people he was addressing in Maui.

It's an interesting tell that you're outraged about Biden exaggerating a house fire.

Would you have felt better about Biden if he had thrown a few paper towels at the Hawaiians?

Trump tried to overthrow the American government and you're concerned about Biden making a stupid comparison.

5 hours ago, TSOL said:

They really have a muzzle on Fani Willis right now, don't they. How does her Twitter look right now? How bout her Facebook. I know you keep an eye on these things.

Has she posted about any political rallies or fundraisers lately? 

I don’t follow Fani Willis but I just took a quick look at her FB and Twitter. 

She hasn’t posted anything on FB in over a year and her Twitter doesn’t have much alarming either.

Other than the fact that she exists and is going after your King - what’s the issue? 

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

Response to the chubby comedian

......But trumps platform, has the support of whoever takes it and is believable.

What does that mean?

What is Trump's platform?

The Republicans literally didn't even have one in '20.

As far as I can tell, his platform going forward is that he was robbed and he plans to throw a lot of people in jail. Can you come up with anything else?

We're still waiting for his fabulous medical plan that he promised to produce in 2 weeks, 5 or so years ago. 

Is it failing you?

Edited by Kemp

12 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I have said repeatedly that I don't give a rat's about Trump.

It is wacky the way people habitually attempt to diminish a pathological liar's repeated claims of history that never happened with some justification with someone else.

The man is crazy.

You asked me for evidence of his separation from reality and I provided it, citing many examples, some most recent, and if I cared to, I could do this for an entire day.

He is a career liar. Period.

Nothing to do with Trump or anyone else.

Biden is separated from reality and crazy.

Biden is directing the prosecution against Trump.

Trumpers maintain it's both.

Both can't be true.

Pick one.

10 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Now who's lying?

Trump.

You're going to have to come up with tougher questions than that.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Biden is separated from reality and crazy.

Biden is directing the prosecution against Trump.

Trumpers maintain it's both.

Both can't be true.

Pick one.

I pick the top one, it is the Dem party directing the prosecution of Trump.

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I don’t follow Fani Willis but I just took a quick look at her FB and Twitter. 

She hasn’t posted anything on FB in over a year and her Twitter doesn’t have much alarming either.

Other than the fact that she exists and is going after your King - what’s the issue? 

I was just curious I'm not surprised that she has gone radio silent being that she's prosecuting  the case of the millennium. And she's sure to be under scrutiny from the defense. 

I think the defense is already looking at some of her past politicized social media interactions  

17 minutes ago, TSOL said:

I was just curious I'm not surprised that she has gone radio silent being that she's prosecuting  the case of the millennium. And she's sure to be under scrutiny from the defense. 

I think the defense is already looking at some of her past politicized social media interactions  

Did she break the law or something?

6 minutes ago, 49er Fan said:

It’s Obama, as in O’Biden. This is Obama’s third term!  “Sleepy Joe” only answers to his “handlers!”

Not Hillary?

Figured either Hillary or the guy with the fruit stand near me.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Kemp said:

In a passionate appeal to the judge, Biggs, clad in an orange prison jumpsuit, said that “I know that I have to be punished and I understand,” but added “please give me the chance, I beg you, to take my daughter to school and pick her up.”

That really does break my heart to see that, guy really ***** up his life, and it'll effect her as well.

8 minutes ago, TSOL said:

You're talking like @BillStime now?

Gross 

An astonishing number of people or groups have wrecked their lives after drinking the Trump koolaide. Many associates sent to prison, many believing followers sent to prison, lost jobs, fractured relationships, many dead, a $787 million dollar judgement against Fox, etc…. There probably isn’t another person in America who has as much negative impact on their associates or followers.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1