Jets Trade For Chuck Clark

H2o

12 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Anyone else annoyed that we don't go after cheap/good assets like this?

Every year a team or 3 sells cheap.  Rebuilding/salary cap/scheme change.  Lots of reasons.   We should target players like this.  I don't feel like we're a contender anymore. 

We do go after assets like this. Every year. Da'Quan, for instance. Lawson. Those were FAs, but we do trades too. Diggs. Keen. Hines. Marlowe. It goes on and on.

They might not be the assets you want, but we go after assets. And assuming that because we don't get something that we didn't go after it is ridiculous.

And we absolutely are a contender. Ask Vegas.

People always assume that because we didn't get someone that we must not have tried. Doesn't make sense. Maybe the Ravens (and other teams) didn't make the same offer to us that they did to the Jets or whoever. They might feel much happier trading an asset to the Jets, who aren't as much of an AFC threat, than the Bills. The Bills might feel that they have better uses for that cap money. They might feel that the guy doesn't fit here. They might be working on another move to acquire by trade or FA a safety they like better. I could go on and on.

22 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Jets just cut Braxton Berrios. I hope Beane calls him right now 

We have enough of these guys on the team we need to get better Mckenzie is one and the same guy which i hope they cut him to get on with finding someone with a bigger upside Beasely would put up more production than either of these 2 mentioned & he's older & probably for less money .

16 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

So he was rated 77th out of 96 Safeties and people are up in arms we didn't trade for him ?

The Bills can do better than that.

Thank you! The constant doom and gloom every time another team signs a marginal player is hilarious. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

We do go after assets like this. Every year. Da'Quan, for instance. Lawson. Those were FAs, but we do trades too. Diggs. Keen. Hines. Marlowe. It goes on and on.

They might not be the assets you want, but we go after assets. And assuming that because we don't get something that we didn't go after it is ridiculous.

And we absolutely are a contender. Ask Vegas.

People always assume that because we didn't get someone that we must not have tried. Doesn't make sense. Maybe the Ravens (and other teams) didn't make the same offer to us that they did to the Jets or whoever. They might feel much happier trading an asset to the Jets, who aren't as much of an AFC threat, than the Bills. The Bills might feel that they have better uses for that cap money. They might feel that the guy doesn't fit here. They might be working on another move to acquire by trade or FA a safety they like better. I could go on and on.

Yeah sure.  A 7th for a good player.  What we couldn't have offered a 6th?  I'm obviously talking about players a step up from Daquan.  

On 3/9/2023 at 7:03 PM, BeefCurtns said:

Hypocrite the s!@# out of it we need a safety

I mean if that's how it is, you don't want to be the only guy following the 'unwritten rule'.  It's also a division foe, so it makes even more sense.  

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

look at all the other examples? Why is tre the gold standard of what to expect?

He suffered the same injury as Von Miller, he came back just over a year later from his ACL injury.  Von is older now and his ACL injury may require more time and I believe this injury is his second.

Just now, TAinLA said:

He suffered the same injury as Von Miller, he came back just over a year later from his ACL injury.  Von is older now and his ACL injury may require more time and I believe this injury is his second.

If Von comes back even later than Tre, and is as disappointing, it will be devastating.  Tre really needs this offseason to get back to where he was, because it was mostly embarrassing to watch. 

• Agree 1

On 3/9/2023 at 10:25 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Jets and Dolphins will be tough to beat next year. AFC East will be loaded.

This is what people used to say every time the Patriots lost key players...  As long as we have Josh Allen playing at a high level we will always be competitive and will our way to wins...we won 13 games. The Dolphins and Jets won 9.

4 hours ago, ganesh said:

This is what people used to say every time the Patriots lost key players...  As long as we have Josh Allen playing at a high level we will always be competitive and will our way to wins...we won 13 games. The Dolphins and Jets won 9.

Bills fans are able to have rational thoughts right? We all know the Jets and Dolphins rosters are legitimate. We also know QB is the most important thing. Aaron Rodgers may not be MVP anymore but he’s still somewhere near the top 10 in this league. Also his MVP years were only 2 years ago. He might be declining and he might not be declining. Hopefully he is.

Tua is capable of big numbers. His issues are health related. We know Dolphins are good enough to beat us when he plays.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.