A picture of Von Miller and D Henry

Warriorspikes51

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Ugh. Twitter is down right now.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/06/report-titans-are-shopping-derrick-henry/

"Report: Titans are shopping Derrick Henry

Titans running back Derrick Henry could be on the way out in Tennessee.

The Titans have been shopping Henry, according to Michael Silver of BallySports.com.

Henry is due a base salary of $10.5 million this season, none of which is guaranteed. If the Titans were to trade him, they’d save $6.3 million on their salary cap in 2023.

The 29-year-old Henry was the NFL’s offensive player of the year in 2020. He has led the NFL in rushing yards twice and led the NFL in carries three times, including last season. But his yards per carry average dropped a full yard from 5.4 in 2020 to 4.4 in 2022."

----------

EDIT:

Twitter is back up:

Edited by chongli

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Let's go!  F'n do it!   Then draft Zay Flowers in RD1.

Address the line with with your other draft picks and through free agency.  

You kill any chance of signing anyone taking on Henry's salary as it is now. Toss in what picks do you expect to have left if not giving a 1st for Henry to begin with? Just wait for the Cowboys to release Zeke and sign him lol

36 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This isn't loading for some reason, but the 2nd tweet is Mike Silver saying he doesn't believe the Bills will go after Derrick Henry.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

You kill any chance of signing anyone taking on Henry's salary as it is now. Toss in what picks do you expect to have left if not giving a 1st for Henry to begin with? Just wait for the Cowboys to release Zeke and sign him lol

Zeke is a bum. No where near Henry.    

You could given Henry a 2 year extension with a void year to lower the cap hit 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Zeke is a bum. No where near Henry.    

You could given Henry a 2 year extension with a void year to lower the cap hit 

How much does Henry have left? He's gotten quite a few carries over the years and he could be trending a big drop in production.

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Henry isn't going to command a haul in a trade at age 29 and his salary is just under $11 million this season.  That should be cake to fit under the cap. 

Edited by Chicken Boo

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This isn't loading for some reason, but the 2nd tweet is Mike Silver saying he doesn't believe the Bills will go after Derrick Henry.

Twitter is back up now, but you have to repaste your tweets if you want them to embed. I did mine above, but I see people are now discussing this issue in a new thread. [Thanks Elon for not doing proper testing before rolling out a new feature.]

Edited by chongli

Derrick Henry is a monster, even though he lost a step last year. 

I think with an investment like DH, you need to commit to the run game. We are not committing to the run game with Josh Allen, unless he's the one running. 

With crucial needs at slot and WR2, O line and our secondary -- and LB if Edmunds walks -- I just don't see this happening strategically. 

2 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

He rushed for 1538 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2022 🤷🏽‍♂️

On 350 more carries. And where’d that 4.4 ypc get the Titans exactly? And would you want to commit to anywhere close to that amount of volume to get less ypc than Singletary (or Cook)? Henry contributes virtually nothing from a receiving standpoint as well.

17 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

On 350 more carries. And where’d that 4.4 ypc get the Titans exactly? And would you want to commit to anywhere close to that amount of volume to get less ypc than Singletary (or Cook)? Henry contributes virtually nothing from a receiving standpoint as well.

Teams loaded the box on the Titans. We have Josh Allen and Diggs…..load up the box on us and Allen and Diggs will torch you 🤷🏽‍♂️

2 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Teams loaded the box on the Titans. We have Josh Allen and Diggs…..load up the box on us and Allen and Diggs will torch you 🤷🏽‍♂️

Sure if you say so. All I’m saying is Henry has a lot of miles from a volume standpoint entering his age-30 season (ave. 270 carries/season across 6.5 seasons.) If you acquire him, you either continue to run him at the same or similar usage (and take the ball out of the hands of your best player) or you drop his usage and volume down to a more reasonable rate and continue to keep the ball in Allen’s hands (and then it’s harder to justify Henry’s $$$ at his position and age.) 

18 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Sure if you say so. All I’m saying is Henry has a lot of miles from a volume standpoint entering his age-30 season (ave. 270 carries/season across 6.5 seasons.) If you acquire him, you either continue to run him at the same or similar usage (and take the ball out of the hands of your best player) or you drop his usage and volume down to a more reasonable rate and continue to keep the ball in Allen’s hands (and then it’s harder to justify Henry’s $$$ at his position and age.) 

You don’t want Henry I get it. I’m not sure what you’re trying to debate with me? I want the guy and you’re trying way too hard to try and change my mind lol 

19 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Yeah and you gotta' feed Henry to get him in a rhythm.    And while the Titans surprisingly had *some* success using Henry for RPO plays out of shotgun last year..........his best fit is clearly behind a QB who is under center with traditional play action so that Henry can get a running start toward the LOS.

People who think that defense's won't still be able to drop 6 or 7 into coverage are wrong.    The objective defensively wouldn't be to stop Henry from running for 5 ypc like it is when they play the Titans.   Opponents will gladly take that and let the team with the elite QB try to shorten the game rather than get into a shootout with Josh Allen.

Instead the objective likely becomes to create more negative plays with zone blitz type action and take Henry out of the equation thru down and distance while getting more hits on Allen.    Allen wasn't great against the blitz last year and that was when he was in shotgun mostly and not turning his back to the defense in traditional play action.    

There is a very "Russell Westbrook to the Lakers" feel about adding Henry to the Bills backfield..........he is really an awkward fit for what they do.

• Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.