Season Tickets going up 12%

spartan19

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.  That's how the secondary market works in every single NFL city.  You should look into it.

I know at least 10 people that doubled their money as a whole this season from re-selling their tickets.

Not sure what your response has anything to do with not raising the ticket prices here.  The Bills are in the bottom half of league in gate revenue.  The re-sell market is telling the Bills that people are willing to pay more for tickets to their game.  Therefore, they are raising ticket prices.  This isn't rocket science.  Not sure why you have such a condescending attitude.  

The Bills would love to have less season tickets and be able to sell more single game tickets.  Clearly the the out of towners will pay a lot more than a season ticket holder is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

That’s correct. That’s why they negotiated an agreement that seems to have been palatable to just about everyone but you. 😉

yes.  Just me, plenty of posters here and  and 65% of polled Western NY (13 counties) voters, 68% of Upstate voters and 55% of downstate voters--all of whome were against this "negotiated" agreement. 

Billionaire: "before we get started,  i would like to make clear that, if I have to lay out a dollar of my own money for this stadium, I'm moving the team".

NYS:  "no problem".

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Mc1320 said:

The estimated PSL price for my two seats in Section 137 in the survey was $4,400.  If that holds, the effective price for the first season in the new stadium with the price increases today would be in the ballpark of $11, 400 - doubt I’m paying that.

i believe they will have payment plans from 1-5 years, with interest of course

27 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I know at least 10 people that doubled their money as a whole this season from re-selling their tickets.

Not sure what your response has anything to do with raising the ticket prices here.  The Bills are in the bottom half of league in gate revenue.  The re-sell market is telling the Bills that people are willing to pay more for tickets to their game.  Therefore, they are raising ticket prices.  This isn't rocket science.  Not sure why you have such a condescending attitude.  

The Bills would love to have less season tickets and be able to sell more single game tickets.  Clearly the the out of towners will pay a lot more than a season ticket holder is.

Not sure?

Buying season tickets to sell is a speculative move.  Depending on how the team is doing, you might make money or you may lose money--especially in December/January.  If the Bills raised season tickets to the price point the resale was getting in a particular year, many more fans would likely not buy season tickets--especially those who' intent is to sell them.  Also, there is nothing preventing the Bills form limiting the number of season tickets they sell. Simple.

Also, 16 teams are in the bottom half of the League in revenue by the way....good point! 

This isn't rocket science, no.

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i believe they will have payment plans from 1-5 years, with interest of course

When MetLife opened the Jets gave fans the option to pay the PSL fee in one shot, or over 5, 10, 15 years with interest of course. The Bills will work with the fans on this. They have to. Who really wants to pay or can afford to pay the PSL fee in one shot. They know a certain number of fans will be priced out. That is why the new stadium will hold around 60,000. Which is probably a good capacity for the Buffalo market at those prices.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

When MetLife opened the Jets gave fans the option to pay the PSL fee in one shot, or over 5, 10, 15 years with interest of course. The Bills will work with the fans on this. They have to. Who really wants to pay or can afford to pay the PSL fee in one shot. They know a certain number of fans will be priced out. That is why the new stadium will hold around 60,000. Which is probably a good capacity for the Buffalo market at those prices.

a 15 year loan for football tickets.....I'm older so I'm glad I had my fun going to games starting in late '60s. I wouldn't pay this for a football game

• Like (+1) 5

48 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yes.  Just me, plenty of posters here and  and 65% of polled Western NY (13 counties) voters, 68% of Upstate voters and 55% of downstate voters--all of whome were against this "negotiated" agreement. 

Billionaire: "before we get started,  i would like to make clear that, if I have to lay out a dollar of my own money for this stadium, I'm moving the team".

NYS:  "no problem".

Solution: Don’t go the games, and don’t support the team. Other than that I don’t know what you’re looking for here.

Simple Math: If the billionaire pays for the entire stadium, then those few in attendance are going to have pay WAY more to sit in it. 

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

My thought yesterday as I listened to Ron Raccuia on GR was these guys are either high or know something i don't. So many of current STH, including me, saying i really am going to think long and hard about renewing in the new stadium.  Now i will say the vast majority of folks i talk to are out of town like me, which i think  factors in to it. If i do reup, will be so my kids have the tickets when i kick, and then they can choose to keep them or no.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

a 15 year loan for football tickets.....I'm older so I'm glad I had my fun going to games starting in late '60s. I wouldn't pay this for a football game

Some of the PSL fees at MetLife in the lower level start at $2,500 per seat and can go as high as $25,000 per seat. But the Jets and Giants have the NYC market to draw from. Corporations or the extremely wealthy can afford to pay that but the average person can't. Some of these prices are crazy for a PSL fee. Add in the fact that the regular cost for season tickets has also gone up. They have to spread out the payments over 5,10,15 years otherwise most people are priced out.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not sure?

Buying season tickets to sell is a speculative move.  Depending on how the team is doing, you might make money or you may lose money--especially in December/January.  If the Bills raised season tickets to the price point the resale was getting in a particular year, many more fans would likely not buy season tickets--especially those who' intent is to sell them.  Also, there is nothing preventing the Bills form limiting the number of season tickets they sell. Simple.

Also, 16 teams are in the bottom half of the League in revenue by the way....good point! 

This isn't rocket science, no.

I mean there aren't limitless seats so there is something preventing them from the number of season tickets they sell.

Looks like it is rocket science to some.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Solution: Don’t go the games, and don’t support the team. Other than that I don’t know what you’re looking for here.

Simple Math: If the billionaire pays for the entire stadium, then those few in attendance are going to have pay WAY more to sit in it. 

Poor billionaire 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 2/15/2023 at 8:33 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

The Bills have done this before during the ill-fated Toronto series. In years where there was one-fewer home game, they raised the per-ticket price, but what you paid for the package stayed the same from the previous year. Then the following year you package price would go up but the per-ticket price stayed the same.

wait til the new stadium pricing kicks in.....less seats, more revenue = significant price increase

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.