Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

NO WAY - KASH PATEL paying for WHISTLEBLOWERS?

And we are supposed to be Russia was a HOAX?

F'n idiots

Do you actually LISTEN TO any of this Twitter garbage before running to your computer to post it here? Because I listened to it and it was a complete dead end! Even Goldman didn’t pursue it any further after his original question. A slanderous waste of committee time and an utterly pointless slur on these federally protected Whistleblowers. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Do you actually LISTEN TO any of this Twitter garbage before running to your computer to post it here? Because I listened to it and it was a complete dead end! Even Goldman didn’t pursue it any further after his original question. A slanderous waste of committee time and an utterly pointless slur on these federally protected Whistleblowers. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b5a7e79ee2ec37298fbdb439493d5c36.jpeg

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

@BillStime is such a commie hack.

😂

let me guess… some conservative political interest group is helping out an individual that the corrupt Doj took the legs out from under AFTER the leak and now it’s being manufactured as the impetus for the whistle blowing?

oh and the dumbest of the dumbest buy it hook line and sinker… 

close? 

Goat Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like (+1) 1

fbi-whistleblowers-1024x593.jpg

Whistleblower Garret O'Boyle: FBI Has Created "Orwellian Atmosphere That Silences Opposition And Discussion"

by Tim Hains

FBI Whistleblower Garret O'Boyle's opening statement from Thursday's House "Weaponization of Government" committee hearing discusses his experience at the FBI including a "smear campaign" against him. "Too many in the FBI aren't willing to sacrifice for the hard right over the easy wrong. They see what becomes of whistleblowers. How the FBI destroys their careers, suspends them under false pretenses, takes their security clearance and pay with no true options for real recourse or remedy

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/05/18/whistleblower_garrett_oboyle_fbi_has_created_orwellian_atmosphere_that_silences_opposition_and_discussion.html

Dirty FBI Revokes Security Clearances of Whistleblowers Before Congressional Testimony

– But 51 Signatories of Bogus Hunter Biden Laptop Letter Still Have Their’s

by Jim Hoft

The House Weaponization Committee held a hearing Thursday on Capitol Hill. Three government whistleblowers from the FBI testified before Congress on Thursday morning. On Wednesday Chris Wray’s FBI revoked the security clearances of three agents who espoused questioned the aggressive tactics by the FBI in targeting Trump supporters , conservatives, and pro-Life Americans, according to a letter the FBI sent the subcommittee on Wednesday. FBI agents Marcus Allen, Garrett O’Boyle, and Steve Friend had already been suspended for questioning the agency’s handling of the January 6 case and stating their beliefs that the FBI has been weaponized against conservatives.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/05/__trashed-82/

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chris farley said:

what institutions is he talking about?  gates has a point that many federal agencies need realreform, but the swamp isn't going to cut the swamp.

Without question our Military Industrial Complex.  

Maybe not get rid of them - unlikely - but Trump (and all Rs like him) they now see as a threat to themselves.  

They ran out of enemies around the world - they refuse to see China as one.  

When do we even here about Islamic Terror threats anymore?  I guess we won.  Or, this is definitely most likely, they are sitting back watching us destroy ourselves with an economy headed for disaster that thinks it’s going to run on wind.   They’ll sell their oil to emerging and sane countries that need it.  And there are plenty.  

That leaves Russia.  The forever enemy.   And which politicians in America don’t necessarily see it that way?  MAGA.  Which of course has its limits.  Putin didn’t “invade” Ukraine till the coup against Trump (Covid and rigged 2020) was done.  The myth that Trump let Putin do whatever is just that - a myth.  

• Agree 2

FBI improperly used warrantless search powers more than 278,000 times in 2021, FISA court filing reveals. 

“U.S. citizens covered in that improper effort included people involved in the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021; George Floyd protesters during the summer of 2020; and donors to a failed congressional candidate, the filing said.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-improperly-used-warrantless-search-powers-278000-times-2021-fisa-court-filing-reveals

This wouldn’t happen if there were consequences. But there aren’t. By design.

What are the logos at the top of the pyramid? Never heard or seen any of them on a bumper sticker. But I guess if you’re a modern fringe hate group the first thing you do is hire a graphics consulting team to come up with a logo. 😂

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

He sounds like several PPP posters.  Inconsistent and 180 degrees out of whack.

GREAT MOMENTS IN PROJECTION: 

After Overseeing Weaponization Of Government Against Trump,

James Comey Frets Trump Could Weaponize Government.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/06/05/after-overseeing-weaponization-of-government-against-trump-james-comey-frets-trump-could-weaponize-government/

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

The Committee on the Judiciary and the Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government are conducting oversight of federal agencies’ commitment to protecting the civil liberties of American citizens.

We have recently received allegations that an Internal Revenue Service agent provided a false name to an Ohio taxpayer as part of a deception to gain entry into the taxpayer’s home to confront her about delinquent tax filings. When the taxpayer rightfully objected to the agent’s tactics, the IRS agent insisted that he “can . . . go into anyone’s house at any time” as an IRS agent.

These allegations raise serious concerns about the IRS’s commitment to fundamental civil liberties. On March 27, 2023, the Committee previously wrote to you and Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen about an IRS agent visiting—unannounced and unprompted—the home of journalist Matt Taibbi.1 Incredibly, at the time of the visit, Mr. Taibbi was testifying before the Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government about how the federal government pressured, coerced, and even directed technology companies to take certain actions related to digital content.2 The Committee is continuing to investigate the IRS’s reasons for visiting Mr. Taibbi’s home and whether the visit was conducted in an attempt to intimidate a witness before Congress.

https://s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/IRS_letter.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

MATT TAIBBI: 

The Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government releases a damning new report, revealing even more speech-smashing misbehavior by the federal government.

The shame of this story wasn’t that the SBU sent this list over, but rather that the FBI collaborated in the effort, even having the gall to forward the name of a respected, award-winning Canadian journalist to Twitter.

To its credit, Twitter Trust and Safety chief Yoel Roth pushed back, noting Aaron’s name and saying, “authentic news outlets and reporters who cover the conflict with a pro-Russian stance are unlikely to be found in violation of our rules.” Nonetheless, the fact that the FBI even tried this lunatic stunt was damning.

Now, thanks to the Weaponization Committee, we find out this situation with Aaron appears not to have been a one-off incident.

https://www.racket.news/p/is-the-fbi-helping-ukraines-secret

The FBI should be dissolved. It is a threat to America

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MATT TAIBBI: 

The Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government releases a damning new report, revealing even more speech-smashing misbehavior by the federal government.

The shame of this story wasn’t that the SBU sent this list over, but rather that the FBI collaborated in the effort, even having the gall to forward the name of a respected, award-winning Canadian journalist to Twitter.

To its credit, Twitter Trust and Safety chief Yoel Roth pushed back, noting Aaron’s name and saying, “authentic news outlets and reporters who cover the conflict with a pro-Russian stance are unlikely to be found in violation of our rules.” Nonetheless, the fact that the FBI even tried this lunatic stunt was damning.

Now, thanks to the Weaponization Committee, we find out this situation with Aaron appears not to have been a one-off incident.

https://www.racket.news/p/is-the-fbi-helping-ukraines-secret

The FBI should be dissolved. It is a threat to America

Yawn

So Taibbi’s Twitter files landed on its face and he still up to this *****, huh

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

The government worked in concert with private companies to censor speech.

Fact. Undeniable. 

There has been mountains of documents produced to show that this did indeed occur. 

@John from Riverside takeway, because he's been told what to think and happily parrots it, is that  dyed in the wool liberal Taibbi's reporting "fell on its face"

:lol:

Dude seek help immediately.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Watching Wray testify.  Opening statement of Nadler noted Jim Jordan's FBI "whistleblowers" were paid.  hmmmm...

https://newrepublic.com/post/172819/gop-fbi-politicization-hearing-witnesses-paid-trump-advisor

When asked whether he thought that was appropriate, given this is allegedly a hearing on politicization, committee Chair Jordan implied that it was, shouting, “They got a family! How are they supposed to feed their family?”

Wray seems up to the task.  kicked Mike Johnson's (R Louisiana) ass.  This might be fun!

Edited by redtail hawk

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

So you're ok with a trump supporter paying this one agent $250k to testify?  It's just fine cuz he hasn't cashed the blood money check yet?  Wasn't this guy fired from the FBI?  I'll look it up.

Thus bogus accusations by a member of congress is appropriate?

21 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Thus bogus accusations by a member of congress is appropriate?

yes,  absolutely.  He was paid $250K.  Wouldn't shock me if he paid contingent on holding the check til the hearings finished.  sort of im -plausible deniability.  I think trump has a trademark.

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

yes,  absolutely.  He was paid $250K.  Wouldn't shock me if he paid contingent on holding the check til the hearings finished.  sort of im -plausible deniability.  I think trump has a trademark.

Where’s the scandal here? All expert witnesses are paid to testify in court. Does everyone think they’re doing it out of some civic duty? Now…when your testimony is almost surely going to get you fired from your job, it doesn’t seem all that far fetched to me that compensation becomes part of the conversation. You are still UNDER OATH as our friends on the Left like to say every day on here. 

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Where’s the scandal here? All expert witnesses are paid to testify in court. Does everyone think they’re doing it out of some civic duty? Now…when your testimony is almost surely going to get you fired from your job, it doesn’t seem all that far fetched to me that compensation becomes part of the conversation. You are still UNDER OATH as our friends on the Left like to say every day on here. 

Looks like they were fired before testimony... I seem to remember getting somewhere near $1000 to be an expert witness.  I think I got $500 to review a single case at home and give an opinion.  I"m pretty sure the agents were making less than me at their jobs.  btw, this isn't court.  It's testifying in front of the house committee.  Wray was a witness today.  You think he got paid ?  Lawyers, please weigh in.

It got boring and I had some chores to do.  looks like Wray his doing just fine:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4092726-fbi-director-christopher-wray-testifies-house-judiciary-live-updates/

Ken Buck, a good R:

Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.) noted Wray’s status as a Republican appointee leading an agency often attacked by the GOP.

“You're still a registered Republican, and I hope you don't change your party affiliation after this hearing is over,” Buck said.

“But I want to thank you. I want to thank you for leading an agency as you mentioned in your opening statement, that protects Americans from foreign terrorists, that an agency that protects Americans from spies from China, and Russia and cybercrime, and public corruption and organized crime and drug cartels and human traffickers and white collar criminals,” he added.

“And I want to thank you and the FBI for protecting law-abiding Americans from the evil that exists all around us.”

Edited by redtail hawk

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

I guess I expect more from our elected representatives than to lie and set traps with their questions.

• Haha (+1) 1

We have thousands of emails and Excel files documenting the FBI, DHS, and CISA coercing social media companies to censor "disfavored" speech - from Ivy League physicians questioning the Covid narrative to Hunter Biden's laptop. It's shocking and the largest violation of the first amendment I can recall in my lifetime.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, paulmm3 said:

We have thousands of emails and Excel files documenting the FBI, DHS, and CISA coercing social media companies to censor "disfavored" speech - from Ivy League physicians questioning the Covid narrative to Hunter Biden's laptop. It's shocking and the largest violation of the first amendment I can recall in my lifetime.

“Our focus is on malign, foreign disinformation – that is, foreign malign information, that is foreign hostile actors who engage in covert actions to confuse our social media platforms,” Wray said. “The FBI is not in the business of moderating content or causing any social media company to suppress or censor.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/07/12/fbi-director-christopher-wray-house-judiciary/70404318007/

Edited by redtail hawk