No trade Mock Drafts

RyanC883

Not sure about Josh or especially John Michael being available when we pick but I can wish.

Josh Downs

WR North Carolina

John Michael Schmitz

OC Minnesota

DeMarvion Overshown

LB Texas

Jammie Robinson

S Florida State

Tavion Thomas

RB Utah

Rayshad Williams

CB Texas Tech

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

Not quite sure he's worth a first rounder.  Jeudy and the second of their two 3rd rounders is more of what I'd be looking for there.

I think the market will be a late #1 plus something else.    It's not a great WR draft like when Minnesota traded Diggs so I suspect Jeudy to have a value like Diggs.

Giants make a lot of sense and they have an earlier pick and are out of conference.........both pluses for Denver.

But if the Bills hire the Denver WR coach they will surely know what Denver really thinks of Jeudy.

7 hours ago, Johnny3410 said:

Not sure about Josh or especially John Michael being available when we pick but I can wish.

Josh Downs

WR North Carolina

John Michael Schmitz

OC Minnesota

DeMarvion Overshown

LB Texas

Jammie Robinson

S Florida State

Tavion Thomas

RB Utah

Rayshad Williams

CB Texas Tech

This is pretty good, from what I know it seems like your first three picks are pretty good but I am not privy with the players beyond that point. John Michael Schmitz really shined in the Senior Bowl, did he not?

8 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

yeah, D. Henry is a dud.  So is Barkley.   

It's providing another weapon for Allen so he doesn't have to do it all himself.  Also, in a no-trade mock, Robinson is often by far the BPA.  It's better than target positions of "need" regardless of skill, and end up with AJ, Boogie, and Groot.  

Tennessee hasn't won a playoff game since 2019 with Henry and the Giants have never won in the post-season with Barkley.

Problem with BPA for people like you who think in absolutes is that it's not that simple.  I mean it is if you see mock drafts like a fantasy football thing, but there's positional value to using a top-100 pick.  And RB has almost zero compared to at least 6 other positions on the field.

I had no issue with taking Rousseau in 2021 because he played a position of huge value (DE) and offered youth where Buffalo had little.  A case could be made for Elam...but a RB is about the dumbest thing you can do with a RD1 pick.  High probability for injury, takes away from your passing game featuring perhaps the best QB in the NFL and will get you no more than 5 yards per carry.  I'd rather focus on players who Josh can increase his 7.4 yards per attempt average since 2020.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2

8 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

This is pretty good, from what I know it seems like your first three picks are pretty good but I am not privy with the players beyond that point. John Michael Schmitz really shined in the Senior Bowl, did he not?

Yes he may of moved himself up into 1st round talk.  I would because of his versatility to play center and both guard spots make him my pick at 27.  Although I understand the hesitation to use a 1st round pick on a C/G, in my opinion he is worth the pick.

• Like (+1) 1

First shot at a mock, since we officially lost the 5th rounder for Hines.

Addresses the O-line well I think, adds a higher end developmental player behind our aging safeties.  Another WR to compete, from a solid program.

I think we will extend Tremaine Edmunds, but we need better rotational depth.  Overshown replaces Klein.

440291869_ScreenShot2023-02-16at10_20_38AM.thumb.png.049aedd86a94aa7432151e2584d13591.png

Edited by Yantha
  • Like (+1) 1

Today's version.  My fav one yet: 

Dawand Jones

OT Ohio State

(big dude.  Not only big, but athletic.  Will instantly upgrade the OL.  Day 1 starter.)  

Rashee Rice

WR SMU

(as someone said, we need another #1 WR, not a #2.  Semifinalist for Biletnikoff award.  Can do it all).  

Joe Tippmann

OC Wisconsin

(would be shocked if he lasts this long, but easy pick here getting the guy I think may be the top center in the draft)

Will McDonald IV

EDGE Iowa State

(freaky athletic Edge player.  Thought about DT here, but this guy is rated a top 5 Edge by some, and the only DT left from LSU was not a top 10 DT).  

Ronnie Hickman

S Ohio State

(great against the pass and run.  Great Poyer replacement, IMO) 

DeWayne McBride

RB UAB

(led the nation in yards after contact.  Here is our short yardage back, so Allen does not have to run all the time--and Dorsey can run it on 3rd and short) 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think the market will be a late #1 plus something else.    It's not a great WR draft like when Minnesota traded Diggs so I suspect Jeudy to have a value like Diggs.

Giants make a lot of sense and they have an earlier pick and are out of conference.........both pluses for Denver.

But if the Bills hire the Denver WR coach they will surely know what Denver really thinks of Jeudy.

Jeudy’s value has to be inflated by the “win now” circumstances around Wilson and Payton. I don’t think Payton is there for a 2-3 development period. 

I know they traded Chubb under similar circumstances, but how many trades like that do the Broncos care to make?

Got one more.  This one fell with CB in round 1 that might be "controversial" for a 1st rounder.  But it was the BPA at a position we need more stability with.  I do think Elam will continue to improve, but not sure about White.  Defense wins championships.

1315567275_ScreenShot2023-02-16at4_03_23PM.thumb.png.95df63d855933b87278a84bd8661e927.png

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Jaxon Smith-Njigba

WR Ohio State

Steve Avila

OG TCU

DeMarvion Overshown

LB Texas

DeMarcco Hellams

S Alabama

Andrew Vorhees

OG USC

Daniel Scott

S California

This would be a tremendous draft but JSN is not making it to 20 let alone 27.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/14/2023 at 6:34 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

If you can get Jerry Jeudy for that 27th pick..........knowing you have one cheap year and a 5th year option left on him........do you make that deal?    

My guess is with there being less sure-thing WR's they might be able to get a higher 1st rounder........but I also don't know how the league views Jeudy or his attitude/coachability etc..

Just looking at his stats, the trajectory is upward: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JeudJe00.htm. 67 percent catch rate and 9.7 yards per target is really good. Gabe Davis was 51 percent and 9 yards per target; Diggs was 9.3. Also, Wilson had a passer rating of 110 when throwing his way. I'm starting to like this idea ... 

EDIT: Jeudy was 9th in the league in yards gained per target: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/receiving.htm#receiving::rec_yds_per_g

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Just looking at his stats, the trajectory is upward: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JeudJe00.htm. 67 percent catch rate and 9.7 yards per target is really good. Gabe Davis was 51 percent and 9 yards per target; Diggs was 9.3. Also, Wilson had a passer rating of 110 when throwing his way. I'm starting to like this idea ... 

EDIT: Jeudy was 9th in the league in yards gained per target: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/receiving.htm#receiving::rec_yds_per_g

I find it interesting that they interviewed the Denver WR coach.   

Any smart GM with a contending team and a WR need has to be thinking about how they can find their version of the AJ Brown deal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.