Divisional round weather

Just Jack

Orchard Park, NY 10-Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Channel | Weather.com

Day - 34° WSW 12 mph Mostly cloudy skies. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.

Night - 30° SW 9 mph Occasional snow showers. Low around 30F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 40%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

As a meteorologist, I can tell you that weather modeling HAS gotten vastly better over the past couple of decades.  I can also tell you that a forecast a week out is likely not reliable.  Check back on Thursday or Friday for something you might rely on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Utah John said:

As a meteorologist, I can tell you that weather modeling HAS gotten vastly better over the past couple of decades.  I can also tell you that a forecast a week out is likely not reliable.  Check back on Thursday or Friday for something you might rely on.

Oh, I know.  It's just fun to start to get an idea on how many layers I may need. 

No sun again for a while, looks like potentially not until February, so that won't be an issue for this game.  Looks like we are hovering between having some snow showers for the game and a mix of rain/snow showers with temps in the mid 30s. Wind 5-10 mph with gusts to around 15mph. There are some models showing potential for higher gusts to like 30-40 mph, but those are the outliers, so likely not going to happen.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Potential winter storm for Sunday afternoon into Monday morning lol

That's for a Nor'Easter up the coast which likely won't effect us this far west.  Genesee Valley eastward and that is starting Sunday night into Monday, which would be too late for the game anyway.

Looks like a mix of rain/snow with temps in the upper 30s tho not heavy at all. Wind will not be a factor. From NWS Buffalo:

Sunday

A slight chance of snow before noon, then rain and snow. High near 38. South wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.