Mayor Pete still learning to fly

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Morning Kay

You know I regularly give you crap for your rather lengthy contributions but this one’s pretty darn good. Did you write that? 👍

I have never had an issue with the length of CKA posts, I generally have enjoyed reading her thoughts and her contributions to the board. 

This post not so

much.  Race baiting.  Ethnic slurs.  Broad generalizations.  Shallow.  

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

i was at work and didn't get to hear his heartfelt reassurances to the scared displaced community.

"as i finally decided to travel to this wonderful american town, talking to its citizens. i saw their courage. i saw their resolve. i also saw alot of you have gas stoves. like a majority. people, they are racist and contribute to the climate emergency we are facing! what are you not understanding? whats that sir? no don't worry about that weird rash you are getting. lady stop interrupting. your pets were bound to die anyways. dont think about it to much. ehem. where was i? oh right. trump did it! ok good luck everyone i got a jet to catch."

accurate summary? cause thats all i can imagine this clown saying.

I didn't bother listened to Mayor Pete.  I just head he said "I lost my train of thought."  Savage.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, BillStime said:

Wait, what?

NTSB Chair Shuts Down Pete Buttigieg's
Pathetic Blaming of Donald Trump for Train Derailment

I don’t know about you, but watching this absolute mediocrity of a public official smugly make his way through a press conference, appearing to be holding back laughter at times, was frustrating at best. Buttigieg managed to blame Donald Trump for supposed deregulation when Donald Trump hasn’t been in office for over two years. Besides, if deregulation was a problem, why did Buttigieg never mention it until now? Where was his public lobbying effort to change the rules? Or was he too busy on his seven-month-long paternity leave?

But I digress, Buttigieg’s pathetic musings were picked up by hacks like Jake Tapper. The CNN talking head ran into a brick wall, though, when the NTSB Chair he was interviewing decided to educate him.

Homenday, who apparently has some actual integrity, a rare occurrence in the Biden administration, shut that falsehood down.

Homendy answered, “The NTSB has looked at electronically controlled pneumatic braking for a number of years and we did some testing as well. Certainly, it would improve safety. But for this investigation and for this derailment, ECP brakes would not have prevented the derailment. The wheel bearing failed on car number 23, so even with ECP brakes, the derailment would have occurred, the fire would have ensued, and the five vinyl chloride tank cars would still have to be vented and burned. What it could have done was maybe reduced damage where a couple of cars could have remained on the tracks, but we’re going to do some modeling along with the Federal Railroad Administration to determine just that.”

Just like that, all the lies being spewed by the left about what happened have been blown up by the absolute authority on the matter. Donald Trump did not cause the crash in East Palestine, and regulations dealing with ECP brakes were not a factor. At the end of the day, the bearings failed, causing an axle to break and the train to derail. And because Buttigieg has been stressing the independence of the NTSB lately, he has no choice but to sit there and take their correction of his partisan talking points.

Was this accident someone’s fault? I don’t know. Sometimes, things are just out of anyone’s control.

What I do know is that the Biden administration looks absolutely pathetic trying to deflect blame.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/02/23/ntsb-chair-shuts-down-pete-buttigiegs-pathetic-blaming-of-donald-trump-for-train-derailment-n707865

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I have never had an issue with the length of CKA posts, I generally have enjoyed reading her thoughts and her contributions to the board. 

This post not so

I have her on ignore for that exact reason. 

26 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Did Trump get reinstated as president? No? Then why the hell do you keep posting BS about him all the time?  Good Lord, you're a f'n idiot!!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This post not so

I was commenting on the poetry format....not the commentary itself.  Did Kay write it, or did she copy and paste it form somewhere?  If you've ever tried it, it isn't easy to do...at least not that long anyway.

Edited by SoCal Deek

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I was commenting on the poetry format....not the commentary itself.  Did Kay write it, or did she copy and paste it from somewhere?  If you've ever tried it, it isn't easy to do...at least not that long anyway.

Ah, I see what you’re saying.  I didn’t like the format either, and just yelled at some little kids to stop making so much noise in my neighborhood.  

Carry on sir. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

NTSB Chair Shuts Down Pete Buttigieg's
Pathetic Blaming of Donald Trump for Train Derailment

I don’t know about you, but watching this absolute mediocrity of a public official smugly make his way through a press conference, appearing to be holding back laughter at times, was frustrating at best. Buttigieg managed to blame Donald Trump for supposed deregulation when Donald Trump hasn’t been in office for over two years. Besides, if deregulation was a problem, why did Buttigieg never mention it until now? Where was his public lobbying effort to change the rules? Or was he too busy on his seven-month-long paternity leave?

But I digress, Buttigieg’s pathetic musings were picked up by hacks like Jake Tapper. The CNN talking head ran into a brick wall, though, when the NTSB Chair he was interviewing decided to educate him.

Homenday, who apparently has some actual integrity, a rare occurrence in the Biden administration, shut that falsehood down.

Homendy answered, “The NTSB has looked at electronically controlled pneumatic braking for a number of years and we did some testing as well. Certainly, it would improve safety. But for this investigation and for this derailment, ECP brakes would not have prevented the derailment. The wheel bearing failed on car number 23, so even with ECP brakes, the derailment would have occurred, the fire would have ensued, and the five vinyl chloride tank cars would still have to be vented and burned. What it could have done was maybe reduced damage where a couple of cars could have remained on the tracks, but we’re going to do some modeling along with the Federal Railroad Administration to determine just that.”

Just like that, all the lies being spewed by the left about what happened have been blown up by the absolute authority on the matter. Donald Trump did not cause the crash in East Palestine, and regulations dealing with ECP brakes were not a factor. At the end of the day, the bearings failed, causing an axle to break and the train to derail. And because Buttigieg has been stressing the independence of the NTSB lately, he has no choice but to sit there and take their correction of his partisan talking points.

Was this accident someone’s fault? I don’t know. Sometimes, things are just out of anyone’s control.

What I do know is that the Biden administration looks absolutely pathetic trying to deflect blame.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/02/23/ntsb-chair-shuts-down-pete-buttigiegs-pathetic-blaming-of-donald-trump-for-train-derailment-n707865

The underlined section is all you need to know, along with the fact that an alarm sounded not once, not twice but three times before the brakes were applied, and by then it was too late.  But as this clown show of an Admin is wont to do, they'll blame the Repubs.  

• Agree 1

On 3/28/2021 at 6:30 PM, Doc said:

Also the PPE was depleted under Obama.  It was his responsibility to replenish it no matter how it occurred, not wait 6 years later and for a new administration. 

Funny, we are not allowed to blame Trump for what he did to regulations but it's ok for the cult to blame Obama for PPP not being replenished.

Biden has to get this fixed - but you have to give industry time to implement said regulations.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Morning Kay

You know I regularly give you crap for your rather lengthy contributions but this one’s pretty darn good. Did you write that? 👍

Oh wow! Good afternoon, SoCal Deek, and thank you for the very surprising compliment! Yes, I wrote that poem early this morning. I personally don’t think the poetic meter came out so well, but I did the best I could, given my morning time constraints.

Look! You see? The two us can be civil to each other! There is hope. I’ve always appreciated your architecture expertise and your career business executive experience. Sometimes I wish you would appreciate more the effort I take to convey leftist perspectives on complex subjects. But no biggie. It’s all water under the bridge, as they say. I hope you and yours have a great weekend, SoCal Deek.

6 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This post not so

Where do I even begin with this…

Ethnic slurs?! If you are referring to “jabroni,” know that the literal definition of that word is a “foolish or contemptible person.” If there is an ethnic connotation to the word, then that is unpleasant news to me.

Race baiting?? The “suspicious of blacks” remark was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. Really, I just needed something that rhymed with “facts.” No, I don’t think the PPP regulars specifically here are racist. So yes, I will kindly apologize to everyone for that remark.

Broad generalizations?? Are you getting into anything substantive here, concerning the East Palestine train crash?

Shallow?? Okay, now I’m starting to get pissed. If you’re in the business now of policing my posts, then let’s delve into the “hate LGBTQ” remark because, yes, I do fully stand by that one. A number of people here are openly homophobic and most are very much openly transphobic…insinuations of groomers and pedophiles, castigations of mental illness and freakdom, etc… Why don’t I ever see you policing THEIR posts? Unless you agree with them there, in which case would you like me to carefully explain once more the science behind sexual orientation and gender identity?

What’s your deal today, Leh-nerd? Normally you’re so jovial and open to repartee. All the perks that come with your subscription to the CKA newsletter (the incisive Buffalo pro sports analyses, the titillatingly subversive far-left political commentary, the vegan dietary counseling, the cosmopolitan fashion advice, etc.) also come with a fair amount of irreverence and potty humor. You KNOW this. It’s all part of the full Commie Kay experience. So why all the hypersensitivity today?

Anyway…whatevs. Have a good weekend, Leh-nerd!

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I was commenting on the poetry format....not the commentary itself.  Did Kay write it, or did she copy and paste it form somewhere?  If you've ever tried it, it isn't easy to do...at least not that long anyway.

Where do you think I went wrong in my commentary? I’ve been following this news event very closely.

2 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

Oh wow! Good afternoon, SoCal Deek, and thank you for the very surprising compliment! Yes, I wrote that poem early this morning. I personally don’t think the poetic meter came out so well, but I did the best I could, given my morning time constraints.

Look! You see? The two us can be civil to each other! There is hope. I’ve always appreciated your architecture expertise and your career business executive experience. Sometimes I wish you would appreciate more the effort I take to convey leftist perspectives on complex subjects. But no biggie. It’s all water under the bridge, as they say. I hope you and yours have a great weekend, SoCal Deek.

Ethnic slurs?! If you are referring to “jabroni,” know that the literal definition of that word is a “foolish or contemptible person.” If there is an ethnic connotation to the word, then that is unpleasant news to me.

Race baiting?? The “suspicious of blacks” remark was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. Really, I just needed something that rhymed with “facts.” No, I don’t think the PPP regulars specifically here are racist. So yes, I will kindly apologize to everyone for that remark.

Broad generalizations?? Are you getting into anything substantive here, concerning the East Palestine train crash?

Shallow?? Okay, now I’m starting to get pissed. If you’re in the business now of policing my posts, then let’s delve into the “hate LGBTQ” remark because, yes, I do fully stand by that one. A number of people here are openly homophobic and most are very much openly transphobic…insinuations of groomers and pedophiles, castigations of mental illness and freakdom, etc… Why don’t I ever see you policing THEIR posts? Unless you agree with them there, in which case would you like me to carefully explain once more the science behind sexual orientation and gender identity?

What’s your deal today, Leh-nerd? Normally you’re so jovial and open to repartee. All the perks that come with your subscription to the CKA newsletter (the incisive Buffalo pro sports analyses, the titillatingly subversive far-left political commentary, the vegan dietary counseling, the cosmopolitan fashion advice, etc.) also come with a fair amount of irreverence and potty humor. You KNOW this. It’s all part of the full Commie Kay experience. So why all the hypersensitivity today?

Where do you think I went wrong in my commentary? I’ve been following this news event very closely.

No problem Kay. What I hope you'll understand is that my comments are almost never related to your point of you, even though I often disagree with them. I like hearing what others are thinking. I sort of have to; Iiving in California for the last forty years. My 'complaint' (if you want to call it that), is over the length of your posts. A bit too long for a chat room, for my taste anyway. Being an Architect, less is more, ya know. 

I'm almost never posting from a laptop keyboard or desktop, but instead from a cell phone. I can't imagine trying to enter a manifesto from my iPhone.

Have a great weekend! 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

I know the literal definition of the word, as I’ve told more than a few posters on our journey here, I read books ‘n stuff too. 

Geesh, some people. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I felt it ill-conceived, poorly implemented.  I also decline to accept your apology as I can only control how I receive what is written, not how it is intended to be received.   

It was not my intent to offer anything substantive on East Palestine until the NTSB came out with its final conclusion, maybe never.  We are now up to the “train might possibly not have probably derailed if things that happened had not happened sequentially because Trump…” and that seems silly to me.

I will offer that while Mayor Pete generally seems to be in over his head, I wouldn’t necessarily criticize him for his tepid response to this crisis.  I do think he allowed himself to appear disinterested and out of touch when Trump visited the scene, and that the offering of McDonald’s was a stroke of genius on Trump’s part.   

You’re free to stand by whatever you say or do, Kay.  Before you stomp off in your plant-based 4Reelz Chuck Taylor’s, though, “shallow” was a reference to the post, not an indictment of your character.   I have made clear, for those paying attention, that whatever else I might think of your political views, your posts are thought-provoking and of value to me.  True, at times the thoughts provoked are along the line of “What the &$#@ is this cauliflower munching hippie commie stoner chick thinking?”, but that’s life. 

I don’t “police” posts, Kay, and I will not be defunded.    I offer opinions and interact with others.  Sometimes I’m on point, other times I’m unclear or my message misses, but mostly I’m just hanging out shooting the bull and don’t apologize for that.  #free @leh-nerd skin-erd

I won’t acquiesce to your demands to discuss things in the format of your choosing, but will say I have interacted with people I disagree with regularly.  The literal interpretation of regularly, in case you’re concerned I don’t know more words, is ‘as, of, and to on a regular basis; not infrequently’. 

I don’t discuss many of the subjects you’ve inquired about here, I prefer not to.  Too much pain for too many people, including people I love/like/interact with and I find it troubling.   However, I treat people with respect regardless of where they fall on whatever spectrum you can devise.   I agree that some people don’t follow that approach here and in life, Kay, but I’m not here to be dragged into conversations I prefer not to have. Btw, in my travels here, I’ve been called a cultist, f’n idiot, nazi, arrogant, red-neck (that’s still my favorite) and believe it or not, one cheeky tart referred to me as a “d*ck” and worse not all that long ago.

I think this boils down the way people communicate, Kay.  Sometimes, when a fella says “I don’t like the soup”, he just doesn’t like THE soup. 

Yes—that’s it—-“whatevs”!  You too, Kay. 

*I made up that whole “regularly” thing.  It’s hard to find words in the dictionary, there are so damn many pages. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Regulation cuts had nothing to do with this crash.

And they could cut a whole bunch more, and it wouldn't effect safety one bit.

Instead they do what they do, and in Buttigieg he is what he is, which is an incompetent Transportation Secretary who took the job because he thought it would advance his political aspirations. 

In the meantime, let's spend more money changing the names of decades long systems while failing to bring them up to speed, because names are important and performance is not.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So funny to see the cult "open" up their version of PPP - lmao

Can't believe Bonnie isn't over here marketing the new and improved imposter site.

@Deranged Rhino is doing what he does best - blaming everyone else but his savior.

Awe, @IDBillzFan is upset Trump is getting blamed for the train derailment.  Um, he did brag about cutting regulations, right?  lmao

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

So funny to see the cult "open" up their version of PPP - lmao

Can't believe Bonnie isn't over here marketing the new and improved imposter site.

@Deranged Rhino is doing what he does best - blaming everyone else but his savior.

Awe, @IDBillzFan is upset Trump is getting blamed for the train derailment.  Um, he did brag about cutting regulations, right?  lmao

This is a new twist on some old crazy—like yelling at the new neighbors for things the old neighbor did. 

Let them go, BillSy, or go chat with the folks over there.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is a new twist on some old crazy—like yelling at the new neighbors for things the old neighbor did. 

Let them go, BillSy, or go chat with the folks over there.  

mmmmhmmmm

On 3/28/2021 at 6:30 PM, Doc said:

Also the PPE was depleted under Obama.  It was his responsibility to replenish it no matter how it occurred, not wait 6 years later and for a new administration. 

Keep crying.

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Enjoy:

I can forgive woman for being hypocrite. 
I can forgive woman for being grifter. 
I can forgive woman even for being deranged leftist. 

I cannot forgive woman for being 20 pounds overweight. 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 2/25/2023 at 9:29 AM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I know the literal definition of the word, as I’ve told more than a few posters on our journey here, I read books ‘n stuff too. 

Geesh, some people. 🤦🏼‍♂️

But is it an ethnic slur or not? And if so, which ethnicity?

I felt it ill-conceived, poorly implemented.  I also decline to accept your apology as I can only control how I receive what is written, not how it is intended to be received.  

Fine. But now I’m retracting my apology, so now you’ve just declined NOTHING. Ha!

It was not my intent to offer anything substantive on East Palestine until the NTSB came out with its final conclusion, maybe never.  We are now up to the “train might possibly not have probably derailed if things that happened had not happened sequentially because Trump…” and that seems silly to me.

Specious reasoning, Mr. Skin-erd. You’re deliberately narrowing the scope of the debate so that the orange-colored apple of your political eye can shirk blame. For the sake of the argument, let’s suppose that the NTSB review reaches an indisputable conclusion that no additional regulations would have prevented or mitigated the East Palestine train disaster…no ECP brakes, no extra mandatory train workers, etc…

The next question that naturally follows is more general and far more important: do the railway regulations that were fully overturned during the Trump administration still have merit?

Answer: yes, of course! All of the extensive inquiries that led up to the mid-2010’s Congressional push for ECP/other railway regulation are still there! On one side was a very large conglomerate of engineering consultants, safety analysts, and labor experts with no conflicting interests. On the other were a small handful of hired lobbyists from a few railway companies. Regulation advocates, pro-labor groups, and environmentalists still have many hundreds of damning case studies compiled on railway accidents (almost all of lesser impact than the East Palestine one, sure…though you should read about the 2013 one in Lac-Megantic…yikes…). These case studies also parallel the number of environmental disasters that can be directly traced back to the Trump administration’s castration of the EPA.

Summary: even if all your little deregulatory neoliberal zealot friends were to somehow “win” this round in East Palestine, dear Leh-nerd, you’ve still lost the war. The leftist revolution is coming. Join Commie Kay now or perish.

You’re free to stand by whatever you say or do, Kay.  Before you stomp off in your plant-based 4Reelz Chuck Taylor’s, though,

Stop right there! Leh-ny, you’re out of your element. We both know that ethical fashion is comfortably situated in my wheelhouse and flotsam far away from yours. Whenever you’re ready to drop the omnivorous haughtiness and open your eyes and expand your heart, we can begin a more proper (i.e. unidirectionally didactic) conversation on your tragic sartorial choices.

Btw, in my travels here, I’ve been called a cultist, f’n idiot, nazi, arrogant, red-neck (that’s still my favorite) and believe it or not, one cheeky tart referred to me as a “d*ck” and worse not all that long ago.

LOL! Oh, I can believe it. B!tches be cray-cray in the modern day-day. But to be called a “d!ck” in the hallowed genteel confines of an internet pro football message board?? Woah!! You must have done something particularly egregious, like suggesting the fraudulence of anthropogenic climate change based on an easily debunked blog article from “Watts Up With That?” and a barely-passing-grade command of middle school science. Something like that would be grounds for a swift slap to the pen!s and (not one but TWO) firm smacks on EACH buttock, IMO. Count your blessings, Leh-nerd.

I think this boils down the way people communicate, Kay.  Sometimes, when a fella says “I don’t like the soup”, he just doesn’t like THE soup.

What a delicious metaphor! One might say that this thread has been the Moroccan chickpea soup in our conversational history recipe book.

17 minutes ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

But is it an ethnic slur or not? And if so, which ethnicity?

Italian-Americans, I’m told.  I learned this after using the word one day a while back.   

Fine. But now I’m retracting my apology, so now you’ve just declined NOTHING. Ha!

I had reconsidered in your absence, decided to accept your apology in the interest of the greater good. 

Specious reasoning, Mr. Skin-erd. You’re deliberately narrowing the scope of the debate so that the orange-colored apple of your political eye can shirk blame. For the sake of the argument, let’s suppose that the NTSB review reaches an indisputable conclusion that no additional regulations would have prevented or mitigated the East Palestine train disaster…no ECP brakes, no extra mandatory train workers, etc…

Yeah, you have the wrong guy on this one.  I have no problem criticizing Trump (how original, that “orange” thing though), but you asked me a specific question and I answered accordingly.   

The next question that naturally follows is more general and far more important: do the railway regulations that were fully overturned during the Trump administration still have merit?

Answer: yes, of course! All of the extensive inquiries that led up to the mid-2010’s Congressional push for ECP/other railway regulation are still there! On one side was a very large conglomerate of engineering consultants, safety analysts, and labor experts with no conflicting interests. On the other were a small handful of hired lobbyists from a few railway companies. Regulation advocates, pro-labor groups, and environmentalists still have many hundreds of damning case studies compiled on railway accidents (almost all of lesser impact than the East Palestine one, sure…though you should read about the 2013 one in Lac-Megantic…yikes…). These case studies also parallel the number of environmental disasters that can be directly traced back to the Trump administration’s castration of the EPA.

Kay, you imagine pro-regulatory, pro-labor, and environmentalist groups operate purely from a position of light and benevolence, and have no financial interest in the fruits of their….labor.  I do not.    I consider agenda and who benefits from The Cause.   I’ll wait for the final outcome of the investigation but you go ahead and leap before you look. 

Summary: even if all your little deregulatory neoliberal zealot friends were to somehow “win” this round in East Palestine, dear Leh-nerd, you’ve still lost the war. The leftist revolution is coming. Join Commie Kay now or perish.

Summary:  My friends generally work for a living, have disparate point(s) of view based on their own life experiences, and generally follow the societal norms of common sense and civility in polite conversations.    

At this stage of my life, of the two choices offered, I believe I would choose “perish” based on the rather humorless lives and easily manipulated lives of the typical modern American revolutionary.   Of course, there are other choices when you get right down to it. 

Stop right there! Leh-ny, you’re out of your element. We both know that ethical fashion is comfortably situated in my wheelhouse and flotsam far away from yours. Whenever you’re ready to drop the omnivorous haughtiness and open your eyes and expand your heart, we can begin a more proper (i.e. unidirectionally didactic) conversation on your tragic sartorial choices.

I see you as situationally ethical, and in that regard, pretty much like most people.  I stand by my comments. 

LOL! Oh, I can believe it. B!tches be cray-cray in the modern day-day. But to be called a “d!ck” in the hallowed genteel confines of an internet pro football message board?? Woah!! You must have done something particularly egregious, like suggesting the fraudulence of anthropogenic climate change based on an easily debunked blog article from “Watts Up With That?” and a barely-passing-grade command of middle school science. Something like that would be grounds for a swift slap to the pen!s and (not one but TWO) firm smacks on EACH buttock, IMO. Count your blessings, Leh-nerd.

It was a low level dig, certainly on the scale of d!ck to nazi. Pedestrian, but worth mentioning.   I count my blessings everyday, my friend, and that shapes my view of the world.   Before lashing out with dark fantasies of violence and assault, consider moments of personal reflection and the blessings visited upon you.   Fight your battles, soldier on, do your Kay thing, but find a moment to be grateful too. 

What a delicious metaphor! One might say that this thread has been the Moroccan chickpea soup in our conversational history recipe book.

I love Chickpea soup.  We’ll always have that, I guess, at least until you and the other Khmer Rouge suburbanites take down Big Chickpea.  ✊🏻

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Irv said:

Mayor Pete.  What an incompetent laughingstock.  What a mess. 

A check of the movie Idiocracy from 2006 might reveal striking similarities between the scene of President Camacho's cabinet meeting and what it must be like to attend a similar event under almost real-life President Biden's administration.

• Haha (+1) 1

Biden's FAA Administrator nominee, one Phil Washington, isn't doing too well either.

Confirmation hearings are embarrassing.

Th man has no background understanding.

At some point administrations need to stop appointing folks to important positions based on political patronage, and lean towards competence.

Didn't used to be that way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1