Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

They did trade up with us at the draft.  I feel good there is no rift there.   

I must be misremembering the situation then.  I know there was something that happened that was kind of "WTF" when Beane discussed it.  Maybe it was something with the agent and not the GM.  There was a lot of speculation flying around at the time and didn't really pay attention that much.

6 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I must be misremembering the situation then.  I know there was something that happened that was kind of "WTF" when Beane discussed it.  Maybe it was something with the agent and not the GM.  There was a lot of speculation flying around at the time and didn't really pay attention that much.

Actually, IIRC Beane went out of his way several times last year to say that the agent wasn't at fault in that situation and did an excellent job. Was pretty blunt about the whole situation. Laid out that after the Bills agreed to a deal and it was announced Washington swooped back in and made an offer and the player preferred to stay in Washington. 

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Member since 2012 and only a few hundred posts. Hmm. Do you know something? 

Or are you being sarcastic

Just a feeling baby. Just a feeling.

19 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If he starts the season with AZ and plays well, a deadline deal could be possible

49 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Friday The 13Th Basketball GIFNaw, he wanna stay in AZ and make money until week 5-6

Shouldn't be hoping for a midseason trade. If we're doing that, it would be because one of our top options like Diggs got injured.

If it were to happen, which it won't, this regime wouldn't want him coming in cold and learning the playbook midseason. They'd want him for the Offseason to get acclimated. McDermott barely felt comfortable using Hines much and RB is a much easier position to get down than the route tree for WR in our playbook.

Arizona doesn't want to trade him. They don't need to trade him given their cap situation. They don't want to move him cheap. They don't want to take on any money as part of the deal.

Beane moved on and Drafted a Receiving weapon in Round 1 and another WR in Round 5, to go with the the 2 other WR's we signed alongside Diggs, Davis, and Shakir. We have 6 WR's already etched in stone. We don't have the money. He's not interested.

And Hopkins has raised the white flag and come around to Arizona. This is deader than a doornail.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Shouldn't be hoping for a midseason trade. If we're doing that, it would be because one of our top options like Diggs got injured.

If it were to happen, which it won't, this regime wouldn't want him coming in cold and learning the playbook midseason. They'd want him for the Offseason to get acclimated. McDermott barely felt comfortable using Hines much and RB is a much easier position to get down than the route tree for WR in our playbook.

Arizona doesn't want to trade him. They don't need to trade him given their cap situation. They don't want to move him cheap. They don't want to take on any money as part of the deal.

Beane moved on and Drafted a Receiving weapon in Round 1 and another WR in Round 5, to go with the the 2 other WR's we signed alongside Diggs, Davis, and Shakir. We have 6 WR's already etched in stone. We don't have the money. He's not interested.

And Hopkins has raised the white flag and come around to Arizona. This is deader than a doornail.

😎😂  I'll hope for whatever I want and you can't stop me.   I'll read all of ECB's tweets too, just as a bonus for you! 😋

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

😎😂  I'll hope for whatever I want and you can't stop me.   I'll read all of ECB's tweets too, just as a bonus for you! 😋

Hey man, live your life. Believe the unbelievable. Hope for the unattainable. I don't know how it would be enjoyable to always get your hopes dashed because they're not based in reality. But do you brother.

So often even the most realistic hopes lead to a let down. So I like to stay grounded in reality and the board I frequent not dissolving into nonsense. But maybe that's a me problem.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

I wanna know what the high school coach thinks… had him as a certainty this time last week…

I would ask, but he blocked me after sending me a DM saying he's going to kick my arse because I dared question his accuracy. Methinks the coach has a bit of "Ye Olde Roid Rage".

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don’t disagree with any of what you said. I just think when AZ is looking like crap mid season they are going to try unloading while they can. I didn’t mean to imply to the Bills, just how teams look to do things before the trade deadline. 

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I wanna know what the high school coach thinks… had him as a certainty this time last week…

Well, he coached the position at the high school level, so according to some it stood to reason he certainly had knowledge of the inner workings in NFL GM circles related to the position😂

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-mailbag-is-the-deandre-hopkins-dream-finally-dead/article_d7fe541e-ec35-11ed-a3d5-7b0fac14fa7d.html

Mike asks: Why do you think Brandon Beane won’t pull the trigger on DeAndre Hopkins? You have to believe the price has gone down. The salary cap issues he presents aren’t insignificant and may be unsurmountable, but given what he adds to the offense – a proven veteran who can get open with vice grip hands – it just seems like a no-brainer.

Bill Mahoney asks: With his suspension and past rifts with coaches, is there any real traction to the rumors between the Bills and DeAndre Hopkins? From a cultural standpoint, this isn’t the typical character the Bills tend to connect themselves to.

Jay: You nailed it, Mike. The financial hurdle, in my mind, is insurmountable. Hopkins simply costs too much money, and the Bills would have to perform some serious salary cap gymnastics to make his current deal work. That’s if Hopkins were to play on his current deal. Chances are, if he’s traded, he’s going to want a new contract. I don’t disagree with anything you said about what he would add to the Bills’ offense, but right now, the financials make such a deal supremely challenging. The other possibility is the two sides couldn’t agree on compensation, but I’m hesitant to believe that’s much of a roadblock.

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Mike asks: Why do you think Brandon Beane won’t pull the trigger on DeAndre Hopkins? 

Well let's see. He's past his prime, has an onerous contract, and has been caught using PEDs. What could go wrong?

It's been 3.5 years since he caught that Hail Mary, folks.  This fanbase has an unhealthy love affair with players that have won them a fantasy football title 5 years ago.

5 minutes ago, QCity said:

It's been 3.5 years since he caught that Hail Mary, folks.  This fanbase has an unhealthy love affair with players that have won them a fantasy football title 5 years ago.

It was 6 years ago but I've had nothing but bad luck since that glorious victory in the 2016 Big Bowl.

The Ground Chuck is gonna be kicking ass and taking names in 2023!!!