Playoff Solutions Assuming they don’t replay the Bengals game.

Locomark

3 hours ago, NUT said:

If the Bills players and coaches are the ones who decide they are not playing, they have to be the ones taking the L.

This could possibly happen. I am hoping /praying for the best , yet sometimes in medicine that doesn’t happen. It’s still possible we wont know for days his response or prognosis.  Also. 9 min doing cpr is a very long time as brain injury begins around 3 min.  We have no way of knowing how long he was with poor circulation and lack of oxygen to the brain. It is still possible to save the heart but not the brain; this means he might never regain consciousness. Of course we all hope he makes a full recovery , but it is possible he might not recover at all. I can’t see how a close Bills team could be allowed to emotionally grieve and be expected to play a football game this week. That is of course the worst case scenario, but it is still sadly a possibility. 

Unless he shows signs of recovering , I don’t see how they play after watching their appropriate reactions tonight.   If his recovery is delayed or doesn’t happen , these are young,20 something year old men ( and for  Dawson it could be a second loss in a very short period).  Some may need time to even evaluate if they wish to continue playing football at all. I have a hard time imagining them playing this week unless everything suddenly goes right.  If the worst scenario happens and he suffers brain death, how do you ask these guys to play?

I just don’t see how they recover emotionally from that visible trauma either way to want to play football in 2-3 days; seems like too much to ask. It’s just my opinion tho. I think they deserve time, they are not robots and even mcd was shaken. I would just drop it or take the L and hope they can recover to play the Pats.  Going out there unfocused might be just asking for more bad things.  We will know more as time passes and you  can’t rush this. It was a terrible injury, his heart stopped functioning, and only time will tell how his Brain will recover. You don’t just forget watching something like that and then go out to play the game that the injury occurred in as if nothing happened. If you have lost a loved one or family member , you can understand as nothing else matters for some time. The med staffs did a phenomenal job, yet that’s not always enough. Now we just have hope until reality plays out. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1. Cancel the game.

2. Give both teams a win. KC loses the tie breaker versus both teams by losing a head to head against both earlier this season. It’d be very unfair to give them the advantage because of what happened here. By giving both teams a win, the last game of the season for all three teams still matter.  And let’s be honest, these two teams are going to play again. 
3. Give cinci home field in afc championship game if it’s between them and buffalo

Edited by Trekking
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

How are we doomed again? It's just a game.

Not trying to change the subject, but I have to mention this: Why did Roger Goodell extend the NFL season to 17 games? He had fears years ago that someone was going to get killed. Yet he extended it anyway.

I’m alluding to our ability to win coin flips.  It’s statistically improbable to have the odds that we have had.  Don’t read to much into my post, there’s no subliminal messages embedded.

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Probably Wednesday or even Thursday. Either days fine and if you have to move Bills and Bengals week 18 to Monday that will work.

Without some good word on Hamlin before then, I don’t believe this will happen. I could be wrong for sure but that’s how I see it. 

2 minutes ago, Trekking said:

1. Cancel the game.

2. Give both teams a win. KC loses the tie breaker versus both teams by losing a head to head against both earlier this season. It’d be very unfair to give them the advantage because of what happened here. By giving both teams a win, the last game of the season for all three teams still matter.  And let’s be honest, these two teams are going to play again. 

I like this idea,

I'm not sure the Chiefs will though

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't think it can be replayed while Damar remains in intensive care battling for his life. That is likely to be the case for at least a few days so the "reconvene and play this week" option is a non-starter IMO. 

The only way it gets replayed or restarted is if it is pushed beyond the New England game (and even then possibly only if the prognosis on Damar looks better). At the point the question you have to ask is whether playing when everyone else has a bye is more or less disadvantageous to the two teams than the prospect of having to go to Kansas City in the post season.... and given the Bengals won there last year and the Bills were 13 seconds from doing the same my guess is both teams would say that giving every other team a bye hurts more than going to Arrowhead. 

Just my reading of where we are at. If the very worst case were to happen before this Sunday I think there are even bigger questions about what the league does with week 18 let alone this game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Trekking said:

1. Cancel the game.

I think this is the solution if no one wants to do a coin flip. The reality and logistics of trying to make up the Buffalo vs. Cincinnati is a nightmare. It's best to avoid it and move on.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.