Cole situation

Italian Bills

32 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

82 catches is a great amount for the whole year. He didn't all of a sudden have a big drop off mid season but he did struggle with injuries and his yards per catch was down from previous years. My guess is that he went down before getting hit to avoid further injury. Regardless, knock off the comments like pay attention as if I'm your 4th grade student. Furthermore, when you can't make your case without twisting your comments into a pretzel then you make other people think that your opinions regarding Beasley are based on something other than his play on the field.

He had 423 yards in his first 7 games, a 60.5 yard per game average. His last 9 games he had only 270 yards, a 30 yard per game average. That's over a 50% drop in yards per game.

Stop with the my comments make it seem like my opinions are based off of something other than his play on the field. I'm not making this political at all, it's funny you suddenly are. I never offered an opinion on anything, only stated facts. I originally said Once October ended Cole stopped having Cole type games. He was below average after that. That's not an opinion, it's fact. You reply with He had 82 catches last year, no other context.

Number of catches don't tell you anything. Here's another fact he had 82 catches the year before too. Except he had 967 yards, 11.8 ypc, 4 tds & 54 1st downs vs 2021's 82 catches for 693 yards, 8.5 ypc, 1 td & 35 1st downs. There's a big difference in those 2 82 catch years, no? Last year was his lowest ypc average(Tied) and lowest td output since his rookie year when he had only 24 targets. He had 112 targets last year. All facts, not opinions, not at all political!!!!

47 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

This team has not replaced Beasley's production this year, simple fact...

Compared to last year our offense is averaging more passing yards per game, rushing yards per game, yards per play, and have a higher drive scoring % as well as 3rd down %.  It just looks different than last year as we're targeting our RB's and Diggs more.  I get that whenever the offense seems stagnant it's natural to see what we don't have this year compared to last year.  However, we're better by almost every metric without Beasley.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Ya just can’t have enough Beasley content…, 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Compared to last year our offense is averaging more passing yards per game, rushing yards per game, yards per play, and have a higher drive scoring % as well as 3rd down %.  It just looks different than last year as we're targeting our RB's and Diggs more.  I get that whenever the offense seems stagnant it's natural to see what we don't have this year compared to last year.  However, we're better by almost every metric without Beasley.

McKenzie has had the more efficient year compared to Cole's 2021 season anyways. Couple hundred less yards, 8 less 1st downs, but better ypc and 4 times the tds Cole had last year on 62 targets vs Cole's 112 from last year.

That's 50 less targets, plus McKenzie has added another 55 yards rushing, 1 rushing td and 3 rushing 1st downs on 9 carries. That's something Cole can't do. So McKenzie has 5 total tds vs 1 from Cole last year. Scoring is the name of the game. McKenzie has also played 2 less game(14) than Cole did last year(16)

If we were talking 2020 Cole, now that's totally a different story, but we're not, we're talking Cole in 2021.

10 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

He had 423 yards in his first 7 games, a 60.5 yard per game average. His last 9 games he had only 270 yards, a 30 yard per game average. That's over a 50% drop in yards per game.

Stop with the my comments make it seem like my opinions are based off of something other than his play on the field. I'm not making this political at all, it's funny you suddenly are. I never offered an opinion on anything, only stated facts. I originally said Once October ended Cole stopped having Cole type games. He was below average after that. That's not an opinion, it's fact. You reply with He had 82 catches last year, no other context.

Number of catches don't tell you anything. Here's another fact he had 82 catches the year before too. Except he had 967 yards, 11.8 ypc, 4 tds & 54 1st downs vs 2021's 82 catches for 693 yards, 8.5 ypc, 1 td & 35 1st downs. There's a big difference in those 2 82 catch years, no? Last year was his lowest ypc average(Tied) and lowest td output since his rookie year when he had only 24 targets. He had 112 targets last year. All facts, not opinions, not at all political!!!!

So Beasley once injured, struggled to put up the same type of numbers that he had when he was injury free? Thank you for confirming my premise regarding Cole. In most reasonable people's minds a player with an injury or multiple injuries is not going to have stats as good as when he was not injured. You've chosen a strange hill to die on  You have stated a lot of facts but they do nothing to support any conclusions other than once Beasley was injured last year his production dropped. If a player is injured he is not automatically washed up or suffering from some kind of permanent decline in his abilities. Following your logic I could make the case that Tre White and Von Miller are so ineffective that their production dropped to "0" once they were injured. My facts say that they are not doing a damn thing but I think a little context would shed a better light on the subject. Facts are a good basis for supporting a position but if those facts are not pertinent to the subject then they do nothing but confuse the issue.

You ended your last post that I quoted here as stating that your response was all facts, not opinions and not at all political. So, you have no opinions about your facts that lack context and your insinuation that I am making your non existent opinions political is somewhat pertinent to this discussion? 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I believe this game we could see a much larger dose of Cole as he has a knack of finding those soft spots in coverage which if the Bengals D is as advertised the Bills will need all hands on deck for this one & if (as i feel) Bease still has anything left to help the Bills he would be another weapon .

Plus i would love to see him play a important role in this game if for nothing else to show all of his haters here that he still does & i could go back on a couple of other posts & say SEE !! TAKE THAT ...

I just hope the Bills can put a lump of COLE in the Bengals stocking !!! GO BILLS !!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So Beasley once injured, struggled to put up the same type of numbers that he had when he was injury free? Thank you for confirming my premise regarding Cole. In most reasonable people's minds a player with an injury or multiple injuries is not going to have stats as good as when he was not injured. You've chosen a strange hill to die on  You have stated a lot of facts but they do nothing to support any conclusions other than once Beasley was injured last year his production dropped. If a player is injured he is not automatically washed up or suffering from some kind of permanent decline in his abilities. Following your logic I could make the case that Tre White and Von Miller are so ineffective that their production dropped to "0" once they were injured. My facts say that they are not doing a damn thing but I think a little context would shed a better light on the subject. Facts are a good basis for supporting a position but if those facts are not pertinent to the subject then they do nothing but confuse the issue.

You ended your last post that I quoted here as stating that your response was all facts, not opinions and not at all political. So, you have no opinions about your facts that lack context and your insinuation that I am making your non existent opinions political is somewhat pertinent to this discussion? 

Good Lord the fantasy world you live in.  My facts lack context? Facts are Cole showed he could no longer survive a full season and while he didn't miss games, his production suffered badly.

I don't need an opinion on whether his play was declining, the facts show it to be the case. And you say this, while not providing an opinion yourself. Hmm, seems a bit hypocritical if you ask me(Now there's my 1st stated opinion) It's not hard to grasp, you could clearly see it in his play in the final 11 games of last year and in his production. You keep wanting this discussion to go somewhere other than football play, seems 9dd yoy keep tryingto steer it that way, don't it? So who's the politically motivated one here? Me, simply for stating the obvious or you, who hasn't really provided anything other than a potential rib injury that may or may not have led to his declining play, but definitely didn't affect him for 3 months.

Now that I got that said, I have some questions for you. What injury did Cole have that prevented him from playing up to his potential for 3 months? I see now you're mentionimg the possibility of multiple injuries? You're congering nothing out of thin air in an attempt to support your failing arguement it appears. Back to the potential multiple injuries, I nor anyone else seems to be aware of this.  Please provide a link to this information.

As of now all we have is a rib injury. Ribs even if it's a fracture, maybe you're looking at a month, 3 months, not a chance. Herbert factured his rib cartilage, more painful than a rib fracture, this year and his play suffered for what, 3-4 weeks before his play returned to where it was before he was injured. When did Cole's play return back to it's pre-November status? It's been 14 months and it still hasn't.

if his level of play was still there he would have more than 2 catches for 18 yards in his 1st 2 games back, offense is mostly the same plays that were run last year and he already said he was playing basketball regularly and that basketball keeps him in shape better than football. Allen and him had a strong connection and were always on the same page when he was here before. Seems like he'd be the perfect plug and play candidate.

How about this year, what has Cole done this season, surely he had to be healthy by September. He couldn't even get enough practice time with Brady on a team that was/is dying for WR help. Seems as though you are the who had chosen a strange hill to die on, no? The FACTS support what I said, all you have is a potential rib injury that took far longer to heal for Cole than other players in football and some insinuations.

I'll even end this with giving you my opinion on this, I don't want the back half of the 2021 football player Cole Beasley, imo he's not an improvement to what we already have and our offense is statically better in every area on offense this year over last. Last year Cole had his worst ypc average & worst td output since his rookie year, even though he had a cereet high in targets with 112, his rookie year his number of targets was only 24. But if Cole returned and was the 2020 version or the 1st half of last year Cole Beasley, sign me up in a second, that player I want. He would be able to help us get a Super Bowl title this year, but since October turned to November last year, that hasn't been him, he's only been a jag.

You can reply, but I'm done with your insinuation based arguement, while providing little else to discuss of play on the field. You seem more interested in your play on the off the field stuff. I come on here to get away from that nonsense, not to hear more of it. Good day sir.

• Vomit 1

13 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I’m tired of seeing Allen try and force the ball to McKenzie on 20+ yard routes. Maybe Cole with his 6-8 yard receptions and sure hands is what our offense needs right now?

• Like (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Good Lord the fantasy world you live in.  My facts lack context? Facts are Cole showed he could no longer survive a full season and while he didn't miss games, his production suffered badly.

I don't need an opinion on whether his play was declining, the facts show it to be the case. And you say this, while not providing an opinion yourself. Hmm, seems a bit hypocritical if you ask me(Now there's my 1st stated opinion) It's not hard to grasp, you could clearly see it in his play in the final 11 games of last year and in his production. You keep wanting this discussion to go somewhere other than football play, seems 9dd yoy keep tryingto steer it that way, don't it? So who's the politically motivated one here? Me, simply for stating the obvious or you, who hasn't really provided anything other than a potential rib injury that may or may not have led to his declining play, but definitely didn't affect him for 3 months.

Now that I got that said, I have some questions for you. What injury did Cole have that prevented him from playing up to his potential for 3 months? I see now you're mentionimg the possibility of multiple injuries? You're congering nothing out of thin air in an attempt to support your failing arguement it appears. Back to the potential multiple injuries, I nor anyone else seems to be aware of this.  Please provide a link to this information.

As of now all we have is a rib injury. Ribs even if it's a fracture, maybe you're looking at a month, 3 months, not a chance. Herbert factured his rib cartilage, more painful than a rib fracture, this year and his play suffered for what, 3-4 weeks before his play returned to where it was before he was injured. When did Cole's play return back to it's pre-November status? It's been 14 months and it still hasn't.

if his level of play was still there he would have more than 2 catches for 18 yards in his 1st 2 games back, offense is mostly the same plays that were run last year and he already said he was playing basketball regularly and that basketball keeps him in shape better than football. Allen and him had a strong connection and were always on the same page when he was here before. Seems like he'd be the perfect plug and play candidate.

How about this year, what has Cole done this season, surely he had to be healthy by September. He couldn't even get enough practice time with Brady on a team that was/is dying for WR help. Seems as though you are the who had chosen a strange hill to die on, no? The FACTS support what I said, all you have is a potential rib injury that took far longer to heal for Cole than other players in football and some insinuations.

I'll even end this with giving you my opinion on this, I don't want the back half of the 2021 football player Cole Beasley, imo he's not an improvement to what we already have and our offense is statically better in every area on offense this year over last. Last year Cole had his worst ypc average & worst td output since his rookie year, even though he had a cereet high in targets with 112, his rookie year his number of targets was only 24. But if Cole returned and was the 2020 version or the 1st half of last year Cole Beasley, sign me up in a second, that player I want. He would be able to help us get a Super Bowl title this year, but since October turned to November last year, that hasn't been him, he's only been a jag.

You can reply, but I'm done with your insinuation based arguement, while providing little else to discuss of play on the field. You seem more interested in your play on the off the field stuff. I come on here to get away from that nonsense, not to hear more of it. Good day sir.

You need help. Seriously, you need help.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

You need help. Seriously, you need help.

For old times’ sake, hoax. 

But I agree with you that Beasley is something sorely missing from the offense.  Whether he can be the guy who was extremely productive for us for a few years remains to be seen.  I have no issue with taking a hill shot at it, though.   There’s nothing to lose by trying to work him in, and plenty of (third and medium distances) to gain. 

16 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's probable that the rib injury he sustained in early November was a major reason for his drop in production down the stretch.  It's also possible his physical skills were diminishing slowly at the same time like many WR's in their young to mid 30's.  There was a clear drop at least on tape throughout the season of him not having the same burst in and out of breaks as well as YAC.  Until he shows that same burst I'm just going to assume he lost a step.  However, his excellent ability to find soft spots in the zone is an invaluable skill that Shakir and McKenzie don't provide. 

I really want to see him heavily involved these last two regular season games.  He was really effective last year when teams were playing strictly zone and defenses have seemed to play more zone this year than previous ones.  If you can get a defense to go more man coverage it can create more opportunities down the field for Diggs and Davis.  The lack of usage against the Bears was frustrating but maybe they feel more comfortable getting him more heavily involved with better weather along with more practice reps. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/29/2022 at 5:19 PM, Italian Bills said:

What do you think about the Cole situation at the moment ? 

He’s got very few snaps till now, why ? Maybe he’s not ready enough ? Maybe they don’t see it good anymore ? It could be that he lost his speed ? Honestly i would love to see him more involved, because i still think that he’s one of the most talented slot player in the game. 

We need more slants and jet sweeps or short curls in our passing game, do you agree ? And i still think Cole could be our best weapon. 

Saving him for the playoffs

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Tomorrow Cole,  if called up to play, will have a monster game against the Bengals.

This guy is a hack of a

slot player, if 100% healthy maybe the best in the game, and most of all when games really pound ! 

We don’t know how he really is right now, if 100,90,60,50, etc % healthy, McD and Dorsey know, so based on this we can’t say if he will play or not , but if it will be the case, Cole will show everyone what he’s all about. 

Love the player, love his character, love his swagger, love everything of this guy about football.

We need to protect this number one seed, so we need every weapon we can use on the field. 

GO COLE GOOOO !!!!! 

Edited by Italian Bills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It pretty funny how some guys are acting like we gave up a 1st round pick for him...

He is a practice squad player!!! 

He is not even taking up a spot on the 53 man roster.

Considering we have 2 WRs from the opening day roster on IR, Im happy to have him!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.