Republican George Santos aka "Anthony Devolder" He Was Given Committee Assignments?????

Tiberius

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

How in the hell is this guy allowed to be promoted? His own political party back home has disowned himĀ 

Just like biden, his supporters ignored the lies and voted for him anyways.

To be fair, Santos lies came out after he was elected. While bidens been lying for over fifty years! Yet his cult members voted for him anyway.

Ā 

So to B word about Santos while ignoring your boy biden makes you a hypocrite.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

His mother died because of 9-11 even though she was not in country.Ā 

Ā 

But he gets committee assignmentsĀ 

Ā 

This is crazy, the GOP is a jokeĀ 

Ā 

Says the follower of the party of Joke Biden and John Fetterman.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Ā 

Or Eric Swalwell on the friggin intelligence committee despite sleeping with a CCP spy.

I've mentioned before that I've had clearances at various times and for various reasons. And here's what always gets me: is it too much to ask that our elected representatives be people who could pass a security clearance investigation and keep that clearance?

- Swalwell: FAIL

- Matt Gaetz: FAIL (hey, let's appoint him, Boebert, MGT to investigate other people! It takes one to know one)

- Trump/Biden (and yes, Hillary): FAIL

Ā 

And probably dozens of other members of Congress who have been compromised in some manner or other, and/or who have egregiously mishandled classified information.

Ā 

At least George Santos was given committee assignments where he really can't do any harm.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks Frank

Seems like an easy gig if you donā€™t even have to sit on some dopey committee hearings. Maybe Iā€™ll run!Ā 

Go for it! I'm worried that your past may be too clean to ever get elected.

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Ā 

Go for it! I'm worried that your past may be too clean to ever get elected.

Weā€™ll, Iā€™ve never made an Access Hollywood tape, I donā€™t have documents in my garage, Iā€™m not sleeping with a Chinese spy, Iā€™m not guilty of inside trading, Iā€™ve never lied about my military serviceā€¦..it appears Iā€™m good!Ā 

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

His mother died because of 9-11 even though she was not in country.Ā 

Ā 

But he gets committee assignmentsĀ 

Ā 

This is crazy, the GOP is a jokeĀ 

Family values, don't ya know

This guy is vying for the smelliest POS in the house. Ā A difficult feat to accomplish.

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Honest questionā€¦.arenā€™t ALL congress members on a committee of some sort?Ā 

MTG was removed from all committees. Ā Of course, now she's been rehabilitated. She's a centrist R. Ā No mention of Jewish space lasers in months.

The guy is pretty stupid too. When they started talking about him appearing in drag in Rio, we all knew someone would have the photos. Except Georgie that is.Ā 
Heā€™s really got to improve his game. In this situation any competent PR person would have told him to go with ā€œI am proud to be a gay American, and I proudly participated in the worldā€™s greatest costume gala in Rio. I would never present myself in that manner to young children or in a school setting. And Ron DeSantis says thatā€™s perfectly fine with him.ā€

You just canā€™t make this $**! up.Ā 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The guy is pretty stupid too. When they started talking about him appearing in drag in Rio, we all knew someone would have the photos. Except Georgie that is.Ā 
Heā€™s really got to improve his game. In this situation any competent PR person would have told him to go with ā€œI am proud to be a gay American, and I proudly participated in the worldā€™s greatest costume gala in Rio. I would never present myself in that manner to young children or in a school setting. And Ron DeSantis says thatā€™s perfectly fine with him.ā€

Nah - this isnā€™t on GS or whatever his name is.. this is onĀ Robert Zimmerman, and the Democratic idiots and media on Long Island.

Ā 

Ā 

Third reminder:

Ā 

Santos is a fool, but being a lying fool is not a prerequisite for removal. . . . . . . . . . No matter how much the media/Left keep pushing it.

Ā 

There are already means to remove someone from office.Ā  Ā If his constituents want, they should start this process.

Instead what do we get ?

Ā 

A leftist media instructing us that this nonsense is the biggest story of the day,Ā  and we should all debate it over and over online.

Ā 

No thanks.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You just canā€™t make this $**! up.Ā 

the idiots that voted for him are worse.

58 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Left loves this story for obvious reasons but I have to wonder where was the Democratic candidate DURING this race?Ā 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/12/house-republicans-george-santos-democrats-ethics

Ā 

guessing this firm doesn't get much new work: Ā The Democrat did spend a total of $22,000 over three payments on Deep Dive Political Research, an opposition research firm,Ā per FEC filings. (This organization did not respond to aĀ Vanity FairĀ interview request.)Ā 

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

Ā 

Ā 

Third reminder:

Ā 

Santos is a fool, but being a lying fool is not a prerequisite for removal. . . . . . . . . . No matter how much the media/Left keep pushing it.

Ā 

Ā 

You are defending this guy, huh?Ā 

Ā 

You are cool with this guy being a normal part of the GOP.Ā 

Ā 

Awesome, such integrityĀ 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ā 

Ā 

Awesome, such integrityĀ 

You have stated you are ok with antisemites like Ilhan Omar so long as they apologize. When this dumbass creep eventually apologizes will you be ok with him?Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

feeling kinda queasy about Homeland Security and the Environment: Ā https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3816612-marjorie-taylor-greene-paul-gosar-get-committee-assignments-back/

For every Santos, there is a cori bush.

for every MTG, there is a squad member.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Chris farley

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ā 

Ā 

Awesome, such integrityĀ 

I'm 100% certain that if Santos was a democrat you'd be defending the guy so pointing fingers at others is disingenuous. You know it, we all know it.Ā Ā  Ā 

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm 100% certain that if Santos was a democrat you'd be defending the guy so pointing fingers at others is disingenuous. You know it, we all know it.Ā Ā  Ā 

Ā 

Look at how they defend Joke's lies.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

For every Santos, there is a cori bush.

for every MTG, there is a squad member.

Ā 

Ā 

except exactly zero of those people held up congress reconvening over a cartoonish set of demands and juvenile, brainstem thinking.

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

about the only thing I'm 100% certain of is that everyone will die yet you're 100% certain of a hypothetical! Ā wow. Ā btw, from his pot\sts, I disagree. Ā I know I wouldn't be defending Santos with a D after his name.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Thats a FACT.Ā .

it proves it all day every day.

Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

except exactly zero of those people held up congress reconvening over a cartoonish set of demands and juvenile, brainstem thinking.

about the only thing I'm 100% certain of is that everyone will die yet you're 100% certain of a hypothetical! Ā wow

New goal post?Ā  are you calling the house doing their actual job, holding up congress?

Ā 

Ā 

9 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

about the only thing I'm 100% certain of is that everyone will die yet you're 100% certain of a hypothetical! Ā wow. Ā btw, from his pot\sts, I disagree. Ā I know I wouldn't be defending Santos with a D after his name.

It's more a theory than a hypothesis.Ā  Take a poster that never, ever criticizes or objects to any democratic position or action and conclude (allĀ  other variables equal) they won't criticize a bad actor of the other party if the only variable you change is he belonged to the party of people they won't criticize.Ā  Its an assumption that has a high probability of being true based on available historical data.Ā  So yeah, let's say I'm 99.9% true as no system or process has a 0 error rate.Ā  But my point is still valid.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Ā 

Yes, demanding people show up to work, be allowed 72 hours to read a bill before voting on it and allowing 1 Rep to challenge the SotH (like it was before Nan changed it) is "juvenile, brainstem thinking."

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Bull, I'm better than that.Ā 

Ā 

I wanted Al Franken gone for what he did.Ā 

• Haha (+1) 1