Republican George Santos aka "Anthony Devolder" He Was Given Committee Assignments?????

Tiberius

lol guys this is how democracy works. It's how it's always worked. This an extreme case of a daily phenomenon. See also: 44, 45, 46, Harris, I could go on.

To run for high office in this country you need to be at the very least amoral. Clinically anti-social is better. Normal people don't want the publicity or minor celebrity that comes with it because normal people almost to a man have some kind of skeleton(s) in the closet.

This is what you get when you combine democracy in which suffrage is universal with the age of the internet.

• Like (+1) 2

George Santos: Okay. I lied about almost everything

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/12/27/george-santos-okay-i-lied-about-almost-everything-n520147

Liar, Liar Pants on Fire: NY Rep.-Elect George Santos Admits to Lying About Pretty Much Everything During His Campaign

https://redstate.com/kiradavis/2022/12/26/liar-liar-pants-on-fire-ny-rep-elect-george-santos-admits-to-lying-about-pretty-much-everything-during-his-campaign-n679490

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Expect plenty of whataboutism from the right. 

The concerning thing is where did he get all that money from so quickly? If he was truly broke and desperate, how did he suddenly get millions of dollars?

Yep.

What about PRINCIPLES?

What about HYPOCRISY?

53 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You are so emotional 😭 

I know, right?  

After lying in the run up to the election, he found his truth and can now seek redemption and, as American statesman Benjamin Franklin once said

“…toil in earnest  to rebuild trust so fragile…”.  

It’s a political love story of sorts. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I know, right?  

After lying in the run up to the election, he found his truth and can now seek redemption and, as American statesman Benjamin Franklin once said

“…toil in earnest  to rebuild trust so fragile…”.  

It’s a political love story of sorts. 

Knee jerk emotionalism of the deflective nature 

• Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Oh man, when Glenn Greenwald calls you out for not understanding why Tulsi Gabbard has the principles to go after BOTH sides, you know you're a commie leftist.

Wait for it....Glenn Greenwald is a far right conservative!

:lol:

Glenn, like Tim Cook, has been sliding rightward for a long time tbh. He claims to be a "classical liberal" now. 

Just now, Roundybout said:

Glenn, like Tim Cook, has been sliding rightward for a long time tbh. He claims to be a "classical liberal" now. 

Because by adhering to the principles that he's always had, like calling out the Iraq war transgressions of the right, which you undoubtedly cheered and supported at the time, he's now applying the very same lens to the left and surprise, surprise you don't like it now.  So you  do what all good commie leftists do and brand him as a nazi, fascist, conservative, far right etc.

The playbook is tired dude.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

We’re all human beings, Tibs, and to forgive is divine. 

I also made up that quote from Ben Franklin, and I apologize to anyone I’ve hurt for my transgression.   I’m thinking of running for office in 2024. 

You got my vote👍🏻

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Because by adhering to the principles that he's always had, like calling out the Iraq war transgressions of the right, which you undoubtedly cheered and supported at the time, he's now applying the very same lens to the left and surprise, surprise you don't like it now.  So you  do what all good commie leftists do and brand him as a nazi, fascist, conservative, far right etc.

Funny how we haven't heard much about "speaking troof to powuh" a whole lot since February 2021.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I also made up that quote from Ben Franklin, and I apologize to anyone I’ve hurt for my transgression.   I’m thinking of running for office in 2024. 

Don't ask him no questions. . . . . . . . 

and he won't tell you no lies.

😎

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Expect plenty of whataboutism from the right. 

The concerning thing is where did he get all that money from so quickly? If he was truly broke and desperate, how did he suddenly get millions of dollars?

Whataboutism is only bad when the right uses it. :rolleyes:

And where'd he get the money?  The same place all the MAGA pols this election cycle got their money: from Dems.

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No need to appologize, it's all good 

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Right on time…it’s Trump’s fault. Thanks for everything you contribute here. 

Boy, you guys sure get defensive over that crook getting mentioned. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Don't ask him no questions. . . . . . . . 

and he won't tell you no lies.

😎

Tibs is apparently a pro-liar-until-he’s-anti-liar liberal.  

I don’t have the political savvy of an @Irv,  but I really think a platform of lying at the right time, to the right people, for the right reasons will resonate with the masses.  I’ve come up with a slogan all on my own:

What a mess!  

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

And where'd he get the money?  The same place all the MAGA pols this election cycle got their money: from Dems.

The ugly cousin to Whataboutism is Idontwanttotalkabouthatism.  

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No need to appologize, it's all good 

My apology was insincere—I did it for the votes!  That’s where the magic happens.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

Or foreigners of an authoritarian regime, more likely. 

To a party that hates the constitution, promotes lies and conspiracy theories at a rate that rivals the Kremlin, accepting money from autocrats is just normal 

Thanks God we have the Democratic party to preserve the Constitution and all that is good in our republic 

16 minutes ago, BillStime said:

giphy.gif

Kind of surprising Trump U has not morphed into Trump Therapies. Money to be made that he is leaving on the table. 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Or foreigners of an authoritarian regime, more likely. 

To a party that hates the constitution, promotes lies and conspiracy theories at a rate that rivals the Kremlin, accepting money from autocrats is just normal 

Thanks God we have the Democratic party to preserve the Constitution and all that is good in our republic 

Kind of surprising Trump U has not morphed into Trump Therapies. Money to be made that he is leaving on the table. 

Trump U - the epitome of fraud

And the cult still takes it like a champ.

Pathetic losers 

58 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Glenn is increasingly unfond of the Constitution and is an unapologetic supporter of the Russian aggression against another sovereign nation. It's like how Candice Owens was a life-long democrat until she realized that she could make tons of money grifting from Republicans. 

2 hours ago, LeviF said:

lol guys this is how democracy works. It's how it's always worked. This an extreme case of a daily phenomenon. See also: 44, 45, 46, Harris, I could go on.

To run for high office in this country you need to be at the very least amoral. Clinically anti-social is better. Normal people don't want the publicity or minor celebrity that comes with it because normal people almost to a man have some kind of skeleton(s) in the closet.

This is what you get when you combine democracy in which suffrage is universal with the age of the internet.

is suffrage universal? or has the internet helped promote the current narrative where victimhood/suffrage is a commodity?

If one is not a victim, they must be the predator.  

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

He was elected, at least somewhat, based on these qualifications. How has he not committed fraud? He shouldn’t be allowed to assume office IMO. I believe they should have a special election for this seat. If he wins again based on his true merits, then so be it. 

What would be the process for not seating him? A House vote or something?