Deep thoughts, with Bruce Vilanch

BruceVilanch

Good evening from the west coast. I've been partaking in the devil's lettuce and that got me thinking...

When's the last time we were the first AFC team to clinch the playoffs? The fact that just 4 years ago the jury was still out on JA and just reaching the playoffs by coming in the backdoor (nice) was a feat to be celebrated. now we're the first team in the conference to punch their ticket to the tournament, it's pretty incredible.

This team has its warts, but going back 20 games (including playoffs) we are 16-4, and each loss was single digits. We're a tough out, even on bad days, and we have weapon X in Josh Allen. I'm pumped for these last three games. And I think we're about to see Josh in playoff mode.

Mods feel free to delete, I'm high and watching bills content.

Also, I wrote this in the GDT but wanted to say it here too. Me and my dad came to the jets home game from Oregon, and I have to say, the town of buffalo has some of the friendliest people I've ever met, thank you for always showing us a good time when we come out. Go bills 

• Like (+1) 25
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 6

21 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Good evening from the west coast. I've been partaking in the devil's lettuce and that got me thinking...

When's the last time we were the first AFC team to clinch the playoffs? The fact that just 4 years ago the jury was still out on JA and just reaching the playoffs by coming in the backdoor (nice) was a feat to be celebrated. now we're the first team in the conference to punch their ticket to the tournament, it's pretty incredible.

This team has its warts, but going back 20 games (including playoffs) we are 16-4, and each loss was single digits. We're a tough out, even on bad days, and we have weapon X in Josh Allen. I'm pumped for these last three games. And I think we're about to see Josh in playoff mode.

Also, I wrote this in the GDT but wanted to say it here too. Me and my dad came to the jets home game from Oregon, and I have to say, the town of buffalo has some of the friendliest people I've ever met, thank you for always showing us a good time when we come out. Go bills 

Buffalo thanks you for coming 

• Like (+1) 2

As long as we have Josh Allen, anything is possible.  The Bills have their flaws, but so does everyone else.  The difference maker is #17.  That kid is incredible.  If the Bills could get one or two difference makers, WOW!  What a force they would be.  A dominant RB or a 2nd WR.  Perhaps a gamechanger at DL or LB.  But that's all wishful thinking.  The kid from Firebaugh is the envy of the NFL.  And he's a Buffalo Bill!!!   

Saw the Bills finally defeat the Dolphins in 1980.  Suffered the 4 Super Bowl losses.  17 years without making the playoffs.  Then, this kid from Reedley Jr. College and the University of Wyoming arrives!  Couldn't be more thankful.   Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

To me, the minor detail that keeps on getting missed is the losses amount to like a total of eight points

last year this was a team that whenever they beat you, they dominated you, but whenever they lost, they got blown out they have learned from that mistake

Every game is close. We literally have had a chance to win every game that we have lost this year and we only lost three games.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

good stuff!

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

As long as we have Josh Allen, anything is possible.  The Bills have their flaws, but so does everyone else.  The difference maker is #17.  That kid is incredible.  If the Bills could get one or two difference makers, WOW!  What a force they would be.  A dominant RB or a 2nd WR.  Perhaps a gamechanger at DL or LB.  But that's all wishful thinking.  The kid from Firebaugh is the envy of the NFL.  And he's a Buffalo Bill!!!   

Saw the Bills finally defeat the Dolphins in 1980.  Suffered the 4 Super Bowl losses.  17 years without making the playoffs.  Then, this kid from Reedley Jr. College and the University of Wyoming arrives!  Couldn't be more thankful.   Merry Christmas everyone!

I too Have witnessed All of above- I truly Feel Josh will bring us a Lombardi!! Go Bills!

20 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

Didn't the Chiefs clinch playoffs before the Bills?

No.  Although the Chiefs had a slightly higher percentage probability of securing the #1 AFC position up until this past weekend's games, the Chiefs did not control their own destiny regarding the #1 seed.  Bills were first to secure an AFC playoff berth.

PlayoffStatus.com

for current projections.

• Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

Yes you have.  You are simply unaware of who the potheads really are.

My redditor/weed-smoker detector has never once failed actually. Their spirit is clearly clouded by a miasma 

My friends who smoked pot either still smoke pot and are ambition-sapped fast food addicts driven solely by hedonism, or no longer smoke pot 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, arcane said:

My redditor/weed-smoker detector has never once failed actually. Their spirit is clearly clouded by a miasma 

My friends who smoked pot either still smoke pot and are ambition-sapped fast food addicts driven solely by hedonism, or no longer smoke pot 

Your mom's a miasma

• Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, arcane said:

Maybe look into recalibrating that detector.  It has a lazy thinking kind of ironic miasma about it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, arcane said:

Your perspective is myopic. Which is fine. Just kind of annoying that you choose to go off topic in order to provide your morality sermon.

No one here is trying to please you. So why are you disappointed?

https://matadornetwork.com/nights/41-successful-stoners-time/

Edited by NORWOODS FOOT
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.