NFL Week #15 - Fish at Buffalo - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

3 hours ago, BillsVet said:

This is just a heavy dose of quibbling.  Going 11-3 and winning the division is nice...the standard for 2022 has always been to get the #1 seed heading into the playoffs.  Just saying we're in a good place now while putting the head in the proverbial sand isn't a view I share because...

The idea last off-season was to improve the running game to alleviate the reliance on Josh.  But it's now clear these last 4 games they need Josh running to keep the offense going.  That was on display against a lower ranked MIA defense.   

Josh is running the ball almost 10 times each of these past 4 games.  That's on McBeane....they are responsible for not giving him the protection and skill players to allow him to win from the pocket.  

After the season and whatever success we do or don't have in the playoffs, we can assess the team's play this season and last season's offseason.  It may be premature, but I do agree with a number of your points.  McBeane spent a lot of money on the defense in the offseason, and while Jones has been a great addition, losing Miller hurts and calls into question the overall approach of not allocating enough free agent dollars to the offense (to give Allen more protection and better skill players).

The free agent additions on offense have not exactly worked out (Saffold, Crowder and the o-line back-ups), and the draft did not produce instant help (although Cook seems to be doing a bit better each week).  It definitely does not reflect well on management that we had to bring back Beasley and Brown.  We are entirely dependent on Allen for our success on offense, and this does need to change going forward.

1 hour ago, teef said:

You made a foolish comment because you didn’t think it through, and instead of owning up to it, you made the homer call.   Typical. 

Next we just need 1972 to tell us the Chiefs took care of business and the Texans are much better than their record.

Then of course, how bad we played and how lucky we got vs the Dolphins.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, teef said:

You made a foolish comment because you didn’t think it through, and instead of owning up to it, you made the homer call.   Typical. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The question was:

Would the Chiefs beat the Bills the way they played the Texans?

You didn’t answer my question.  Its a yes or no question.

I am beginning to think Teef and Royale Cheesy are just Siamese twins with their own computers in mom's basement.  Has the meatloaf come down yet?    

6 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I am beginning to think Teef and Royale Cheesy are just Siamese twins with their own computers in mom's basement.  Has the meatloaf come down yet?    

oh good for you!  say something stupid, come back with most average insult ever.  does it bother you that i've accomplished more in my short life than you ever will?  take a seat boomer.  the old, angry man act is stale.

Edited by teef

1 hour ago, jahnyc said:

After the season and whatever success we do or don't have in the playoffs, we can assess the team's play this season and last season's offseason.  It may be premature, but I do agree with a number of your points.  McBeane spent a lot of money on the defense in the offseason, and while Jones has been a great addition, losing Miller hurts and calls into question the overall approach of not allocating enough free agent dollars to the offense (to give Allen more protection and better skill players).

The free agent additions on offense have not exactly worked out (Saffold, Crowder and the o-line back-ups), and the draft did not produce instant help (although Cook seems to be doing a bit better each week).  It definitely does not reflect well on management that we had to bring back Beasley and Brown.  We are entirely dependent on Allen for our success on offense, and this does need to change going forward.

That's too late because this was the go-for broke season...Josh in his prime, they signed Miller, and their cap space is gonna be a challenge in 2023 to make the kinds of moves you know need to happen.  Not their fault Miller went down, but that OL might be worse than it was last year.  

When multiple players do not work out that's an indication something is amiss above field level.  It's one thing if you're first round DE or OT aren't immediate impact starters, but they took a RB and he's only getting 22% of the snaps.  Bigger issue is, as others have noted here, their UFA offensive signings over the years have been mostly duds.  

Hopefully the off-season doesn't begin for Buffalo until February 13, 2023. 

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Next we just need 1972 to tell us the Chiefs took care of business and the Texans are much better than their record.

Then of course, how bad we played and how lucky we got vs the Dolphins.

some fans are always going to look for the negative.  remember when mckissic decided to go back to washington?  billsvet couldn't wait to let us know that something was "amuck" at obd!   obviously there much have been such team turmoil that mckissic just wouldn't want to sign here.  it was a complete stretch, and you know what happened shortly after?  von miller signed.  nothing amuck...at all.  

10 minutes ago, teef said:

oh good for you!  say something stupid, come back with most average insult ever.  does it bother you that i've accomplished more in my short life than you ever will?  take a seat boomer.  the old, angry man act is stale.

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Would the Chiefs beat the Bills if they played like they did against the Texans?

Posted within 3 minutes of each other.  I rest my case. 

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Agreed on the run game stuff.  Made zero sense why they abandoned it... we were on skates all night trying to defend it. 

We were on our heels against the run to my eye, because we'd made up our mind to limit the pass

I think one might consider that the Bills D made adjustments, and the Fish thought they could have more success passing against those adjustments.  And, they kind of did, right? to the tune of 13 unanswered points in the 3Q

But the difference in run and pass wasn't as extreme as you might think.

First half, Fish were 126 yds on 14 rush attempts but 8 of 16 on pass attempts for 91 net yards passing

When you take out Mostert's 67 yd attempt, 59 yds.

Second half,  63 yds on 11  rush attempts, even more effective (except we didn't let them break a big run), but 9 of 14 for 126 yds net yards passing.

It's not like they "abandoned" the run.  They had like 47% run in the first half, and 44% in the 2nd half. 

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

That's too late because this was the go-for broke season...Josh in his prime, they signed Miller, and their cap space is gonna be a challenge in 2023 to make the kinds of moves you know need to happen.  Not their fault Miller went down, but that OL might be worse than it was last year.  

When multiple players do not work out that's an indication something is amiss above field level.  It's one thing if you're first round DE or OT aren't immediate impact starters, but they took a RB and he's only getting 22% of the snaps.  Bigger issue is, as others have noted here, their UFA offensive signings over the years have been mostly duds.  

Hopefully the off-season doesn't begin for Buffalo until February 13, 2023. 

Just out of curiosity, which players have not worked out specifically

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

DANG!  Will you look at that release off the line by Quintin Morris.  I kind of want to see more of that guy!

Here's a "Baldy Breakdown of the entire GWD.

Excellent play, but a point to ponder: the DPI against McKenzie was totally legit IMO and to Baldy (which likely means more). 

But, there was an equally legit DPI in the EZ against the Giants that was NOT called and clearly lost the game for them.  It's one of these "was it there in time/wasn't it?" plays - Diggs eventually gets open against Xavian Howard on the R side of the field.  But, I think Josh has to throw it before it develops enough to be sure.

Anyway, we got the DPI and it worked, so....

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

DANG!  Will you look at that release off the line by Quintin Morris.  I kind of want to see more of that guy!

Here's a "Baldy Breakdown of the entire GWD.

Excellent play, but a point to ponder: the DPI against McKenzie was totally legit IMO and to Baldy (which likely means more). 

But, there was an equally legit DPI in the EZ against the Giants that was NOT called and clearly lost the game for them.  It's one of these "was it there in time/wasn't it?" plays - Diggs eventually gets open against Xavian Howard on the R side of the field.  But, I think Josh has to throw it before it develops enough to be sure.

Anyway, we got the DPI and it worked, so....

And Baldy on our defense.  This was a preview of the Mia game so it features the Jets

Chris Simms unbuttoned on the Mia at Buffalo game

Still thinks the Bills "aren't dominant on defense" and just depend on Josh Allen Magic to win. 

Agree? 

Disagree?

56 minutes ago, johnk said:

Fearlessness (JA17 2pt. conversion)

74w7h6.jpg

74w1rq.jpg

I don't get it.  That ain't fearlessness in them pics that's foolishness.

Now put a goal line and an endzone, then it's fearlessness

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.