Cowboy's sign star WR, and it's not who you think.

Draconator

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Besides the fact that at 32 Smoke has 4500 yards and 1 1000k yard season 

and Hilton has almost 10k yards and 5 1000k yard seasons 

I’d say besides both being smaller speed receivers… One’s produced at a much higher clip… and I do like smoke 

But he’s never been TY

I wonder what Brown’s numbers would have looked like if he had Andrew Luck throwing to him his first seven years. Hilton sure seemed to miss him after Luck retired if the nose dive in numbers mean anything.

21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I guess what I was asking is if OBJ wanted to join the Bills strictly for the playoffs, can he, and how would he get paid?

He can but his contract would have to include escalators for playoff milestones which is rare. Otherwise he would get the standard pay for being on the 53-man roster for division games ($42K), conference games ($65K), etc.  It's fair to say that he is looking for a big multi-year deal and wouldn't sign anything short-term.

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I wonder what Brown’s numbers would have looked like if he had Andrew Luck throwing to him his first seven years. Hilton sure seemed to miss him after Luck retired if the nose dive in numbers mean anything.

I mean it always takes 2 to tango but He was 1300, 1400, 1200, yards with luck … led league in catches 

John Brown was very good with Josh Allen,  not a 1300 yard guy

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Besides the fact that at 32 Smoke has 4500 yards and 1 1000k yard season 

and Hilton has almost 10k yards and 5 1000k yard seasons 

I’d say besides both being smaller speed receivers… One’s produced at a much higher clip… and I do like smoke 

But he’s never been TY

it’s great that TY was more productive years ago but next Sunday they are probably a wash as smaller speed wrs that have lost a step and are street free agents in December for a reason 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

it’s great that TY was more productive years ago but next Sunday they are probably a wash as smaller speed wrs that have lost a step and are street free agents in December for a reason 

Yeah physically they are close … but TY Was always a better route runner John Brown

That doesn’t disappear

And they were Street free agents Because there’s 100 wide receivers who are younger and cheaper… And veterans like that don’t wanna play on bad teams or for peanuts

TY actually was playing last year… John Brown wasn’t

I’d say he is probably a step ahead… And that doesn’t mean either will be great

I’m just saying it based on he was playing more recently and is a better route runner 

They’re getting jobs now because people obviously think they could play… the bills aren’t 3-10 signing smoke … they are 10-3

They obviously thinks he has something

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What if no one signs OBJ?

at this point,  looking that way.   the fact he doesnt want to work out for teams is a red flag.   he wants to get paid,  he wants to be on a winning team,   not too many of those with cap space willing to take a flyer on a twice injured old WR that wont prove hes healthy.   if he cant play,  its a waste of money.  4 games left,  mbe he gets up to speed for the playoffs in 2 games,  if hes not still injured.   id pass personally.  not worth the risk.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.