NY Jets at Buffalo Bills, Sunday Dec 11 at 1 pm

Beck Water

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Because you get 8-minutes with the Head Coach. 

4 of them are spent talking about Christmas, snow, staying up late and watching movies, what he ate for dinner. 

At 7-9 nobody cares if a rotational DT misses games. At 9-3 coming off a game where the team you're playing ran it down your throat when they needed to, injuries are more important. 

Generic feelings questions provide no insight to anything. Having Josh Allen explain why he loves Stefon Diggs as a person provides nothing to talk about tactically about the team. 

They aren't there to give information tactically...they are there to say as much as possible without actually saying anything.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

They aren't there to give information tactically...they are there to say as much as possible without actually saying anything.

Well I'm not a guy who calls into radio shows to cry on air about what the Bills mean to them, but that happens all the time.

To each their own. 

10 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

4 of them are spent talking about Christmas, snow, staying up late and watching movies, what he ate for dinner. 

At 7-9 nobody cares if a rotational DT misses games. At 9-3 coming off a game where the team you're playing ran it down your throat when they needed to, injuries are more important. 

Generic feelings questions provide no insight to anything. Having Josh Allen explain why he loves Stefon Diggs as a person provides nothing to talk about tactically about the team.

You should write him a 📝 note

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes, all rookies should look like pro bowlers in their first years

He was drafted in 3rd round and “made” a Super Bowl roster team. He should look like he belongs as a backup

he looked lost/ doesn’t belong in nfl  in 4th q of preseason games 

everyone had him as a major reach in 3rd

Edited by balln

30 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I'm sure when McDermott was questioned today, there was no follow-up to how serious/how long Jordan Phillips will be out. 

Maybe the answer would be day to day, but I'm sure we moved on to talking about how much snow is left in McDermott's driveway. 

Lol.  You’re insufferable. They don’t ask, because they know the answer.  Just like every bills fan on earth knows the answer. Except you.  “We’ll take it one day at a time”.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The purpose of a PC isn’t to talk about anything tactically.  That would be STUPID. The opponents can listen too….. 

this is getting ridiculous.  Take some meds

11 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well I'm not a guy who calls into radio shows to cry on air about what the Bills mean to them, but that happens all the time.

To each their own. 

No, you’re the guy who cries, just about everyday, about the reporters not asking tactical questions that the coach will never answer because he’s not an idiot, like some. 

you ask the same question every day and every day, people answer your stupid question with the correct answer.  Somehow, it’s yet to sink in. 

this is not rocket science.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol.  You’re insufferable. They don’t ask, because they know the answer.  Just like every bills fan on earth knows the answer. Except you.  “We’ll take it one day at a time”.  

So are you man. Constant policing. 

By the way, listen to the difference in a press conference after a loss, compared to a win. 

Then it's chalk full of - Coach, why didn't you use a timeout there, what was the thinking on the 3rd-2, why didn't you take the Field Goal there, Josh what were you seeing on this play? 

Then the focus on decision making gets real serious, real quick. 

The Bills win, and the media gets 🧡eyes and we ask questions about how it feels to hug each other. 

Too bad you don't like my line of thought. 

Maybe you enjoy when our OC is asked about how he relaxes after the game, I don't. 

Ask shorter, open ended questions. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Yes, great post. The local media has dropped the ball here so many times. I've been in several cities and WGR is, in my opinion, unquestionably the worst local sports talk radio station I've ever seen...er... heard

Thank you for asking more of our media then how much snow is still at the Facility, or a dog that ate a doughnut. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

That's not true. The purpose of a press conference is to meet with the press. It is up to the press to ask questions.

The press' job is to inform their audience, not to worry about opponents. If they arent asking follow up questions (and they arent) they are not doing their jobs

Then you guys should apply.  If not one of them is doing their job, they’ll be fired.  Replace them, ask the questions that won’t be answered and leave this gibberish off the board.  

how about you guys make a thread dedicated to reporters.  Or maybe build a website where all the Karen couch reporters can cry about how every team reporter sucks because they don’t ask tactical questions that the coach won’t ask…..wasting 1 of the 4 minutes reporters have to ask questions.  

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

So are you man. Constant policing. 

By the way, listen to the difference in a press conference after a loss, compared to a win. 

Then it's chalk full of - Coach, why didn't you use a timeout there, what was the thinking on the 3rd-2, why didn't you take the Field Goal there, Josh what were you seeing on this play? 

Then the focus on decision making gets real serious, real quick. 

The Bills win, and the media gets 🧡eyes and we ask questions about how it feels to hug each other. 

Too bad you don't like my line of thought. 

Maybe you enjoy when our OC is asked about how he relaxes after the game, I don't. 

Ask shorter, open ended questions. 

Ask questions that have a chance of being answered…… that’s what reporters should do

you want them to ask questions that everyone knows WON’T be answered….. just so they can do their job and waste time during a short PC.  

On todays episode of the Karen Couch Reporter:  

Karen:  “how long will Jordan Phillips be out coach?”

Coach: ”we’ll take it one day at a time” 

Karen:  “thanks for the detailed explanation coach.  Next episode we’ll ask about tactics  so you can not say anything.  Again”

35 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I agree that most of these pressers are theater. But the unspoken part is McDermott isn't going to answer certain questions no matter how much you want to badger him. And is it worth lighting your access up in flames to push over something so trivial?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I agree that most of these pressers are theater. But the unspoken part is McDermott isn't going to answer certain questions no matter how much you want to badger him. And is it worth lighting your access up in flames to push over something so trivial?

Hey, as long as some fans on a message board are content...then it's worth it!!!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

So, I went over to JetsNation to see what they are saying. Someone started a thread "The Jets will beat the Bills". That's fine they should be excited about their team but check out this comment from a Jets fan. I would like to know what planet he is watching football on because it sure isn't Earth.

From a Jets fan...

The Jets have better QB, RB, WR, and RT this time and the defense has not changed much since last game so yes they should win! go JETS!

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Greg S said:

So, I went over to JetsNation to see what they are saying. Someone started a thread "The Jets will beat the Bills". That's fine they should be excited about their team but check out this comment from a Jets fan. I would like to know what planet he is watching football on because it sure isn't Earth.

From a Jets fan...

The Jets have better QB, RB, WR, and RT this time and the defense has not changed much since last game so yes they should win! go JETS!

The WR claim is bonkers too.  Nobody on the Jets WR corp is better than Diggs.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.