Deon “Primetime” Sanders to Colorado

djp14150

• 2 weeks later...

I've been enjoying the ride with Coach Prime and the Buffs. What a roller coaster! I turned it off last night when it went to 29-0 and was shocked when I saw they lost. I have no idea what to make of them. Looked legit beating TCU. Looked like frauds against Oregon and the first half of USC. If nothing else they are entertaining.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I've been enjoying the ride with Coach Prime and the Buffs. What a roller coaster! I turned it off last night when it went to 29-0 and was shocked when I saw they lost. I have no idea what to make of them. Looked legit beating TCU. Looked like frauds against Oregon and the first half of USC. If nothing else they are entertaining.

That's what they are entertainment

They aren't there yet as a football team... Some teams they will just be able to over power with athletes

Other teams will adjust and they don't have much after that

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's what they are entertainment

They aren't there yet as a football team... Some teams they will just be able to over power with athletes

Other teams will adjust and they don't have much after that

I think this here shows the deficiency of Prime as a coach. Great recruiter, absolutely. Great coach, I don’t see it yet. 

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

I think this here shows the deficiency of Prime as a coach. Great recruiter, absolutely. Great coach, I don’t see it yet. 

I said that nine pages back

He's a great recruiter and will be able to bring talented kids wherever he goes.... As far as an X's and O's game day coach he doesn't have it

His teams are going to win based on pure talent not strategy

But it is an exciting brand of football... But his coaching is exposed

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I said that nine pages back

He's a great recruiter and will be able to bring talented kids wherever he goes.... As far as an X's and O's game day coach he doesn't have it

His teams are going to win based on pure talent not strategy

But it is an exciting brand of football... But his coaching is exposed

It's his first season at a D1 level program. Would be like questioning Brent Venables after starting 3-3 and losing a combined 24-104 vs Texas and TCU. Finishing the year with a losing record. 

You can't judge Deion 7 games into year one at Colorado... especially after Colorado lost 73 players from the 1-11 team in 2022. It's a brand new team, brand new staff. 

And they are 4-3. Should really be 5-2. COULD be 6-1 (lost by a TD to USC and an 3OT to Stanford). 

Look what he did at Jackson State. They were HORRIBLE before Prime got there. Took them to a national power in 3 seasons. If they are 6-6 or 4-7, etc after in his 3rd year in Bounder... then you're right. 

5 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

It's his first season at a D1 level program. Would be like questioning Brent Venables after starting 3-3 and losing a combined 24-104 vs Texas and TCU. Finishing the year with a losing record. 

You can't judge Deion 7 games into year one at Colorado... especially after Colorado lost 73 players from the 1-11 team in 2022. It's a brand new team, brand new staff. 

And they are 4-3. Should really be 5-2. COULD be 6-1 (lost by a TD to USC and an 3OT to Stanford). 

Look what he did at Jackson State. They were HORRIBLE before Prime got there. Took them to a national power in 3 seasons. If they are 6-6 or 4-7, etc after in his 3rd year in Bounder... then you're right. 

why were they pass happy up 4 scores? Explain that overtime decision to me? 

im not saying he’s a bum but his marketing skill are far ahead of his game management 

luckily marketing is huge for a college coach 

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

why were they pass happy up 4 scores? Explain that overtime decision to me? 

im not saying he’s a bum but his marketing skill are far ahead of his game management 

luckily marketing is huge for a college coach 

I wasn't coaching, no idea. 

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Watched a lot of Jackson State also... The same problems plagued the team there

He had a legitimate five star on the roster... A few four stars... And a good amount of three stars.. there's not one other FCS program that has a five-star player.. or a 4star 

North Dakota state is the best FCS program and got four three star players last year.... Sanders brought in 14 in 22 class and 15 in 21.. 2 4 stars and a 5 star

He was recruiting at a FBS level at the FCS... He had a better recruiting class than Syracuse at Jackson State

I always saw a team that overpowered people with talent not coaching...  

Venerables is the only defensive coordinator who's been able to slow down Alabama in a national championship game.. and has a long track record in coaching

Prime is a recruiter still learning how to coach... Brent is a tremendous xs and os coach 

Prime is doing a great job but that doesn't mean he can't be questioned... Collapsing 29-0 over a Cardinals team that has also struggled for years is all coaching

Edited by Buffalo716

15 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Watched a lot of Jackson State also... The same problems plagued the team there

He had a legitimate five star on the roster... A few four stars... And a good amount of three stars.. there's not one other FCS program that has a five-star player.. or a 4star 

North Dakota state is the best FCS program and got four three star players last year.... Sanders brought in 14 in 22 class and 15 in 21.. 2 4 stars and a 5 star

He was recruiting at a FBS level at the FCS... He had a better recruiting class than Syracuse at Jackson State

I always saw a team that overpowered people with talent not coaching...  

Venerables is the only defensive coordinator who's been able to slow down Alabama in a national championship game.. and has a long track record in coaching

Prime is a recruiter still learning how to coach... Brent is a tremendous xs and os coach 

Prime is doing a great job but that doesn't mean he can't be questioned... Collapsing 29-0 over a Cardinals team that has also struggled for years is all coaching

Never said he can't be questioned. I'm an Oklahoma State alum/fan/ticket holder... I question Mike Gundy practically every weekend. lol

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Never said he can't be questioned. I'm an Oklahoma State alum/fan/ticket holder... I question Mike Gundy practically every weekend. lol

Gundy is a great guy and one of my favorite in college football

It was weird watching Oklahoma State Struggle so much early on

10 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

you started consecutive paragraphs with: 

it’s his first season it would be like questioning… 

and 

you can’t judge on 7 games…

46 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

you started consecutive paragraphs with: 

it’s his first season it would be like questioning… 

and 

you can’t judge on 7 games…

Not what I meant. You can question his coaching methods during a game or two. And like HCBV at OU, you can't judge based off half a season in year one.

5 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

yeah right.

also, the guy's name is Venables.

Dude I literally talk with my microphone on my phone so it doesn't pick up every word Mr grammar police

I could care less if it misspelled his last name

And yes the same problems that plague the team at Jackson State are coming back at Colorado

Stop quoting me ... you Literally bring nothing to this website

Edited by Buffalo716

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, he throws 3 times on his own five when his opponent has 2 time outs. Then at half time he said they had the right call on defense when the Colorado player blew his assignment allowing a TD. They should have never even been in defense. Awful job coaching and Sanders (QB) is it possible to average .5 yards per pass? I think he might land on that number by the end of the game. 

Edited by Mikie2times

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.