Jump to content

DaQuan Jones Appreciation Thread


Recommended Posts

I like this guy a ton in the ground game.

 

He has been quietly stout against the run. Many times, he’s blowing up plays before they have a chance to develop. Although he doesn’t always show up on the stat sheet, he is wildly impactful. 

 

In a time with a ton of injuries at LB, it is paramount that our DL can stop rushes at the point of attack. We’ve all seen what can happen at the second level with this team when runs start to develop. IMO he has stepped up and made behind the scene play after play in the run game and no one ever mentions him. 
 

As a pass rusher, he leaves a lot to be desired IMO, but I won’t get into that here. He ain’t perfect, but he is helping out more than most would know. 
 

He is one of the reasons I am hopeful for our still-depleted defense on Thanksgiving. Keep it up, Jones!

  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I like this guy a ton in the ground game.

 

He has been quietly stout against the run. Many times, he’s blowing up plays before they have a chance to develop. Although he doesn’t always show up on the stat sheet, he is wildly impactful. 

 

In a time with a ton of injuries at LB, it is paramount that our DL can stop rushes at the point of attack. We’ve all seen what can happen at the second level with this team when runs start to develop. IMO he has stepped up and made behind the scene play after play in the run game and no one ever mentions him. 
 

As a pass rusher, he leaves a lot to be desired IMO, but I won’t get into that here. He ain’t perfect, but he is helping out more than most would know. 
 

He is one of the reasons I am hopeful for our still-depleted defense on Thanksgiving. Keep it up, Jones!

About Time.

 Jones has been a difference maker . Not just because he balls out. But because Frazier can play a different game this year.

 Love Jones and super underated IMHO !

 He and Tim Settle are my favorite two to watch up front.
Unlike Phillips these guys have discipline and stick to the task at hand.
Nice mix with Oliver and Phillips as penetrating DTs

 and when Jones gets push on a double? You can see it shift the RB and or QB off the spot or lane
Thanks for finally getting the Shout Out up here for D Jones !

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I like this guy a ton in the ground game.

 

He has been quietly stout against the run. Many times, he’s blowing up plays before they have a chance to develop. Although he doesn’t always show up on the stat sheet, he is wildly impactful. 

 

In a time with a ton of injuries at LB, it is paramount that our DL can stop rushes at the point of attack. We’ve all seen what can happen at the second level with this team when runs start to develop. IMO he has stepped up and made behind the scene play after play in the run game and no one ever mentions him. 
 

As a pass rusher, he leaves a lot to be desired IMO, but I won’t get into that here. He ain’t perfect, but he is helping out more than most would know. 
 

He is one of the reasons I am hopeful for our still-depleted defense on Thanksgiving. Keep it up, Jones!

Even with the salary cap expanding, he’s still making far less than what Star Loutoto got. 
 

Goes to show you a solid big fat 1t doesn’t cost much.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm all in; he's been very good for almost the entire season and nearly unlockable at times.

The Bills seem to have recently flipped their rotation a bit and are playing him with Ed Oliver more than they were earlier. Leaving one of these guys singled all day has created some real problems for opposing offenses.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm all in; he's been very good for almost the entire season and nearly unlockable at times.

The Bills seem to have recently flipped their rotation a bit and are playing him with Ed Oliver more than they were earlier. Leaving one of these guys singled all day has created some real problems for opposing offenses.

 Like I mentioned , allows McFrazier some more flex in how they line up.

 I think this season (excepting injuries) this roster is closer to what they ( McBeanes ) had in mind to rotate for situational football as the call it .

 

do Jones and Settle have two year or + contracts ?
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

 

do Jones and Settle have two year or + contracts ?
 


Jones, Settle, Oliver are all free agents to be in 2024…DL will have little turnover next year with Epinessa, Von, Groot and Basham all back on contract.

 

The only expiring contracts are Phillips and Lawson 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:


Jones, Settle, Oliver are all free agents to be in 2024…DL will have little turnover next year with Epinessa, Von, Groot and Basham all back on contract.

 

The only expiring contracts are Phillips and Lawson 

Thanks my friend for helping my considering .
I feel pretty good about that excepting AJ , whom is underperforming imo. Bad fit ?

But cool about Jones Settle and Oliver !

 Go Bills
 

11 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Ok

stubborn old coot are you.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Thanks my friend for helping my considering .
I feel pretty good about that excepting AJ , whom is underperforming imo. Bad fit ?

But cool about Jones Settle and Oliver !

 Go Bills
 

stubborn old coot are you.

You forgot cheap:flirt:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:


Jones, Settle, Oliver are all free agents to be in 2024…DL will have little turnover next year with Epinessa, Von, Groot and Basham all back on contract.

 

The only expiring contracts are Phillips and Lawson 

I'd love Lawson and Phillips back yet the latter under a lower salary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I can see, Jones is the difference in stopping the run we lacked last year. Settle and Jones were great pick ups and happy to have both back next year. Phillips and Shaq as well. I can't wait to see at least one game with all the starters health and playing. This has been an injury year like no other. 

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When the opposing offense was stifled in the run, it was because of Jones and Settle. They’ve been great additions to this team.

 

Josh, do some yoga, be calm before each game and not every throw has to be a score.  Be calm Josh.  We’ll destroy everyone.  We’ll even keep up with KC.

 

Hey, and Beane, go make it so and get OBJ.  Like the phrase, and “unstoppable force”

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I gotta bump this.

 

Dude absolutely balled out and played like a mad man today. Shout out to him, Big Ed and Settle for showing up against the run and being our saving grace in as pass rushers while we’re down our two starting DEs.

 

I can’t wait to watch the film.

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...