Anybody see replay of Dion's holding penalty

LABILLBACKER

The bigger issue is being forced to line up David Quessenberry at RT and thinking Buffalo will not have more hits to the QB in passing situations.  

Yeah, he's the swing tackle, but Brown's play to finish last season combined with signing DQ probably not what a good decision when Josh Allen is your QB.  

14 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Had the penalty not been called, the catch would have been reviewed, and it would have been ruled NO CATCH.

He was indeed out of bounds.

That's my opinion at least.

It was called a catch on the field which normally results in the burden of proof being on the replay to overturn it. This might have happened if the Replay crew in NYC had figured that both of his feet didnt touch but the replays I saw might have made that difficult. In any case, even if the call was overturned, it would have taken the replay crew a couple of minutes to decide (giving the Offense some time to regroup) and without that dubious holding call it still would have been 2nd and 10. The ticky tack penalty blows that all up. 

Anybody ever seem to notice that the Chiefs never get calls like this against them but it's always the Bills? Seriously go back and watch the Titans SNF and watch Mahomes run around for what seems an eternity and none their olineman get flagged.

Hate to admit it but it's crystal clear who the NFL views as the face of the league and another challenge this team will have to overcome.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

There's nothing to this. They showed the catch over and over again. It was interesting and probably not a catch anyway.

Yea not sure if they could overturn the ruling on the field.  Depends on how the referee sees it and there's been good and bad video replay decisions. 

However the point that it matters not except as a learning experience for the players.  The game is now history.   How they respond will be interesting.  

13 hours ago, BillsVet said:

The bigger issue is being forced to line up David Quessenberry at RT and thinking Buffalo will not have more hits to the QB in passing situations.  

Yeah, he's the swing tackle, but Brown's play to finish last season combined with signing DQ probably not what a good decision when Josh Allen is your QB.  

We're totally screwed at RT.  Daryl Williams decided to be a joke and players like Quessenberry,  Brown and Hart are useless. I've said this for 3+ years. Until Beane figures out the value of drafting OL high over Dermott's obsession with D players, this sht will continue. 

10 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're totally screwed at RT.  Daryl Williams decided to be a joke and players like Quessenberry,  Brown and Hart are useless. I've said this for 3+ years. Until Beane figures out the value of drafting OL high over Dermott's obsession with D players, this sht will continue. 

Does Beane have the guts to tell the guy who effectively got him hired his priorities are misguided and need to change?  I've been waiting 2 off-seasons for a transition to a team that supports Josh 100% and not one that uses high picks and more $$$ on defense.  I don't see it happening.    

This is why McD is the weak link in this franchise.  It's as if he and Beane have the Carolina prototype for roster construction, struggle to embrace anything different, and keep pushing that model.  I get being stubborn sometimes, but it can become a major weakness when you don't adapt to changing circumstances.  

I didn't see that, but I did see on one of the Jets touchdowns, one of the Jets offensive linemen had his arm wrapped around the neck of a Bills pass rusher, who had gotten past him.  No call. I can't imagine that Dion's offense was any more egregious than I saw from the Jets.

On 11/9/2022 at 4:12 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

Such a huge play and call. 1:43 left and Diggsy makes an amazing catch. Instantly put us at NYJ49. Was it an egregious flag by Land Shark? If that flag isn't thrown, Josh does get hurt.  Anyone see it on tape or all22?

The coverage of that game overall was terrible.  A lot of missed replays on many plays.  Ugly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.