Pass rusher Josh Allen getting trade interest

Buffalo_Stampede

On 10/27/2022 at 1:58 PM, mikemac2001 said:

I feel like he hasnโ€™t done much to expect that return rookie season was his best and then sacks have fallen offย 

ย 

10.5 rookies season, injured year 2 so only 2.5 sacks, 7.5 sacks year 3 plus an INT and 3 so far this season. 23.5 sacks so far is really good considering he's the best pass rusher they have and everyone knows it.

On 10/27/2022 at 1:51 PM, dollars 2 donuts said:

I think he is pretty good when I've watched him, which has been more than just our game against them last year.

ย 

ย 

Hes talented, but we are deep on the D Line this year. ย Thatโ€™s not an area we need to bolster. ย Especially as we need the draft capital to offset the impact several contract extensions will be popping including the guy who wears #17.

ย 

Other teams who are relatively close and has the cash will most likely find a home. ย I also am very cynical that Coach wants to part with a high impact rusher who is young. ย Iโ€™ll write what I always write on these โ€œletโ€™s bring him inโ€ threads, weโ€™re not playing Madden.

• Agree 1

On 10/27/2022 at 11:19 AM, Logic said:

I don't understand the trend of teams trading away good, young players once they're having a losing season.

If it's a salary cap necessity, a character issue, or a young team getting rid of an old guy, then I understand.

But if teams like the Panthers and Jaguars traded away guys like Brian Burns and Josh Allen? THAT I would not understand.

I don't understand how trading away talented, young players on cost controlled deals at premium positions helps a rebuilding effort.

ย 

Agreed. Ditto with Bradley Chubb. If I'm a GM these young, talented pass rushers are the kind of players I'm trying to acquire, not trade away.

ย 

All 3 of these players are young enough to be foundational pieces in a rebuild situation. It's hard enough finding pass rushers without trading them away.

ย 

Edited by Sierra Foothills

39 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

ย 

Agreed. Ditto with Bradley Chubb. If I'm a GM these young, talented pass rushers are the kind of players I'm trying to acquire, not trade away.

ย 

All 3 of these players are young enough to be foundational pieces in a rebuild situation. It's hard enough finding pass rushers without trading them away.

ย 

ย 

Pass rushers also age fairly well, they play at a high level into their early 30's. Top pass rushers barring serious injury don't typically fall off until around age 32-34 and even then they don't completely fall off a cliff. So if you have a Jags Josh Allen, Bradley Chubb or Burns who are 24-26 years old they have a lot of prime years left. A rebuild in the NFL takes 3 or so seasons so a coach coming in with a 24-26 year old pass rusher is going to have a 27-29 year old still producing at a prime level with some more years left in the tank.ย 

ย 

Now if a pass rusher is 29-31 years old then a rebuilding team is going to want some draft capital to bring in players that will assist in a rebuild 2-3 years from now. So I just don't see these players getting traded.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.