Pass rusher Josh Allen getting trade interest

Buffalo_Stampede

55 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

His best year was his rookie year. Toss in we don't need help on the D-line, we need it on the O-line specifically right OT. 

This offseason the top 2 positions to fix were D-Line and RB (maybe O-Line as well)

We added Miller on the outside, but that's really it.  We run Basham, Epenesa, Rousseau, Lawson on a rotation along with Miller on the edge.

You bring Allen in?  I think he is an upgrade on everyone but Miller.  A motivated Allen on this team?  

If you could trade a mid round pick for him, it immediately adds an impact player

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

You have already traded all our picks for the next 3 years… twice 

Im a wheeler and dealer!!! I’d make a great GM one day 🎰 

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Would anyone offer Oliver + 4th?  Could be interesting.   Brandin Bryant can fill Ed's spot now, then draft a DT in April 

Do not touch Ed Oliver!!! We need to lock him up on a long deal and not trade him. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My biggest concern with him is he hasn't lived up to the hype the last 3 years. He has 13 sacks the last 3 years for a whopping 4.3 per year. Granted different situation here in Buffalo than in Jacksonville. Maybe a new environment will help but giving up a 2nd for him I'm not so sure about. 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

My biggest concern with him is he hasn't lived up to the hype the last 3 years. He has 13 sacks the last 3 years for a whopping 4.3 per year. Granted different situation here in Buffalo than in Jacksonville. Maybe a new environment will help but giving up a 2nd for him I'm not so sure about. 

Um he has 23.5 sacks 

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

If he is genuinely for sale then some team is going to give up a 2nd and more…

It won’t be the Bills though..

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Um he has 23.5 sacks 

Yea in 4 years so far he has 23.5. 10.5 as a rookie and he has regressed since then partially due to injury but 13 sacks in the last 3 years isn't impressive. Obviously this season isn't over but he only has 3 sacks so far this season so he's on pace for 7. Not exactly marquee numbers to give up a 2nd rounder for. So at the pace he's going in the last 3 full season he'll have a total of 17 sacks in 3 years or an average of a little over 6 sacks a season. 

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yea in 4 years so far he has 23.5. 10.5 as a rookie and he has regressed since then partially due to injury but 13 sacks in the last 3 years isn't impressive. Obviously this season isn't over but he only has 3 sacks so far this season so he's on pace for 7. Not exactly marquee numbers to give up a 2nd rounder for. So at the pace he's going in the last 3 full season he'll have a total of 17 sacks in 3 years or an average of a little over 6 sacks a season. 

We have seen first hand what a 2nd gets you  …  Epenesa and Boogie… 

So if you had a real need at the position  ( the Bills don’t) where would you be better off investing that pick ?

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

We have seen first hand what a 2nd gets you  …  Epenesa and Boogie… 

So if you had a real need at the position  ( the Bills don’t) where would you be better off investing that pick ?

Well Epenesa is on pace for 7 sacks this season so about the same as Allen. 

We can't afford another pass rusher coming up on his contract year. DL is the last thing we need right now. This is only fun to think about for the name.

If any team trades for him I'd bet on the Seahawks. They're suddenly an NFC contender and desperately need help for their pass rush.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.