2023 Concerts

T&C

Realized I never gave a half hearted review of Peter Gabriel in Ottawa.  Worth it if you're a PG fan and know a lot of his music.  If you only know the songs from So, you'll be disappointed.  He doesn't move around as much as he did when I saw him back in 2002 for the Growing Up tour, but he still puts on a great show.  I think he may have one more tour in him within the next 10 years, probably a farewell tour.  

His closer is Biko, and the band leaves the stage one by one, till it's just the audience chanting.  This is a video from the Ottawa show.

• Like (+1) 1

Saw Pearl Jam on back to back nights in Austin last weekend for the final shows of the tour.

They put on a great show, as always. It was way less "greatest hits" and way more "rarities and deep cuts", which was PERFECT for me as a long time, diehard fan. I could see where more casual attendees would've hated it, though. I mean, they still played their five or six biggest hits, but the rest of the show was very much in service of the hardcore fan, which is awesome, because in recent years they've become much more of a "greatest hits" act.

They still put on a hell of a show. Eddie's voice is still top notch. They performed one song that they've played less than five times total in their 32 year career. Typing that just now makes me realize they've now been around longer than the Grateful Dead existed. That's crazy to me. Wow.

Next up, Billy Strings on back to back nights in Portland. Been a great summer for music, with five Dead and Co shows, two Pearl Jam, and now two Billy Strings. Live music is the ***** best.

• Like (+1) 1

Just saw Bobby Weir and Wolf Bros last night at the Met in Philly.  Might be one of the best shows I've ever seen.  The energy was off the charts.  The setlist was awesome.  Horns and strings really enhanced the classic Dead tunes.  If you are a deadhead and haven't seen them, I highly suggest you go see them.  So freaking good.  And for 77, Bobby was as good as I've seen and heard him in years!!! 

• Like (+1) 3

On 9/27/2023 at 6:01 PM, Logic said:

Saw Pearl Jam on back to back nights in Austin last weekend for the final shows of the tour.

They put on a great show, as always. It was way less "greatest hits" and way more "rarities and deep cuts", which was PERFECT for me as a long time, diehard fan. I could see where more casual attendees would've hated it, though. I mean, they still played their five or six biggest hits, but the rest of the show was very much in service of the hardcore fan, which is awesome, because in recent years they've become much more of a "greatest hits" act.

They still put on a hell of a show. Eddie's voice is still top notch. They performed one song that they've played less than five times total in their 32 year career. Typing that just now makes me realize they've now been around longer than the Grateful Dead existed. That's crazy to me. Wow.

Next up, Billy Strings on back to back nights in Portland. Been a great summer for music, with five Dead and Co shows, two Pearl Jam, and now two Billy Strings. Live music is the ***** best.

Definitely a bucket list show for me. 

Great to hear about the deep cuts. 

One thing that will always boggle my mind is Last Kiss. WHY?  Why did they do that?  I wonder if they ever play it live. 

• 2 weeks later...

We saw Ringo Starr and his All Star band last night.  My 10 year old grandson ( an avowed Beatles fan )  loved the concert

as did all the AARP+ members of the audience.

I knew Edgar Winter was a great musician and last night proved that by leaps and bounds.  Wow he was good.

It was a fun concert and it will be my last time dealing with Ticketmaster.

If not for the fine people in the ticket office our night would have been ruined.

Instead of 5 seats together in a row, ticketmaster sent us 5 seats in 5 different rows.

AARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

And  tickets on the cell phone are an abomination.

Yes, I'm old and get off my lawn

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/10/2023 at 6:30 AM, LewPort71 said:

We saw Ringo Starr and his All Star band last night.  My 10 year old grandson ( an avowed Beatles fan )  loved the concert

as did all the AARP+ members of the audience.

I knew Edgar Winter was a great musician and last night proved that by leaps and bounds.  Wow he was good.

It was a fun concert and it will be my last time dealing with Ticketmaster.

If not for the fine people in the ticket office our night would have been ruined.

Instead of 5 seats together in a row, ticketmaster sent us 5 seats in 5 different rows.

AARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

And  tickets on the cell phone are an abomination.

Yes, I'm old and get off my lawn

It don't come easy

(Ringo is my fave of the Beatles... I'm jealous)

Bad Religion tonight. Home before 11 PM? That's gotta be a first. Good show, right up my alley- punk/pop and heavier than expected.

I knew nothing of the band  going in and wasn't expecting:

- the singer looking like a dentist

-left guitar looking like he'd fit right in next to a wooden barrel on Hee-Haw

- right guitar looking like Kelly Leak 

- bass player looking exactly like a gangly Steve Martin (couldn't get over that one all night)

BadReligion.jpg

Edited by SinceThe70s
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.