Stefon Diggs another Bills record today

Scott7975

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I would love to see Josh behind an offensive line like Jim had. Much less with a running back like Thurman. 

Can we get Josh , Barkley as a RB I would love to see the day. I think Barkley has to be my favorite player that's not a Bill

Allen could've broken passing yards and tds in a game if it wasn't a blow out today 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I would love to see Josh behind an offensive line like Jim had. Much less with a running back like Thurman. 

The amount of years (many of them meaningless due to the drought) that I've desperately wanted to see an elite OLine....someday....

11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s in no disrespect to Reed or Moulds etc. but Diggs is the next WR the Bills have ever had and nobody is close. The guy is incredible 

Poor Moulds (because of his QBs). God was he good.

10 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

The amount of years (many of them meaningless due to the drought) that I've desperately wanted to see an elite OLine....someday....

Yea but bad NFL QBs know how to force feed a ball to good players too

**see josh Gordon lead league in receiving with dumpster fire QBs**

he played with flutie/Johnson and Bledsoe the majority of his career …  and averaged like 135 targets a year 

Sure you can add some stats with more consistent quarterback play… But he’s not going from 10,000 to 15,000 yards

And you can play that game with lots of receivers… If XYZ played with Josh for a decade they would have Hall of Fame stats too

Edited by Buffalo716

5 hours ago, Whkfc said:

I loved Kelly. But Kelly was never considered the best qb in the NFL even in his day. It was always Marino and Montana. Josh is something I've never seen before he wows me a couple times every game. The one thing I think they both have in common though is the ability to throw picks and come back like it never happened. They both have that refuse to lose attitude and never think they are out of it

He was considered top 3 at times, just like Josh. He lead the league in passing TD's in 91, and was 1st team All-Pro at the position the same year (2nd team All-Pro the following year as well).

2 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Moulds would be a freaking beast with Josh Allen.

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The greatest thing is, I don’t believe Allen has peaked yet. Imagine the next level stats Allen will produce with an all pro Oline and a great RB. 

If Josh had an oline the other team might as well not show up.

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

I don't know how old you are, how much you saw of earlier Bills' squads (the 70s were brutal, as was a lot of the 80s), but this team is competitive, and I lived through their late 80s / total 90s performances.  This is not the 90-91 squad as of yet, but the last two weeks have been really good.

Clocking in at 59 spins around the sun and I had season tix from 1987 thru 2012, attended 2 super bowls, last 2, so yeah I know the 90-91 team very well.  As previously stated with that O-Line and Thurman.....OMFG Allen would be unstoppable.  Hope the Bills FO can get him a decent line and Cook or someone new develops into a monster RB.

12 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The greatest thing is, I don’t believe Allen has peaked yet. Imagine the next level stats Allen will produce with an all pro Oline and a great RB. 

New York Jets Nfl GIF by The Undroppables

12 hours ago, BigDingus said:

He was considered top 3 at times, just like Josh. He lead the league in passing TD's in 91, and was 1st team All-Pro at the position the same year (2nd team All-Pro the following year as well).

Jim couldn’t hold Joshs Jock (not Joshs JAQs) on his best day 

6 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Clocking in at 59 spins around the sun and I had season tix from 1987 thru 2012, attended 2 super bowls, last 2, so yeah I know the 90-91 team very well.  As previously stated with that O-Line and Thurman.....OMFG Allen would be unstoppable.  Hope the Bills FO can get him a decent line and Cook or someone new develops into a monster RB.

I remember starting high school in the year that the team would go on to 2-14.  And I remember Kelly coming in (he didn't want to play here), a bumpy start, a coaching change (yet another one!), the strike season, the "miracle" 1988 season, the letdown 1989 season (my first year of college), and the horrible baggage of this franchise. 90-91 was a gift where 1989 was a huge disappointment.  Here's to hoping that this year it not another wide right; however, if this is 90-91 as our baseline, then I'll take it.

23 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I have to say I think THIS Bills team is much better and more talented than the 90s teams. But O don’t like comparing eras. 

It is better.  I also expect it to end much better.  I am a little concerned about the coaching in big spots, but hopefully that is the past.

On 10/9/2022 at 6:31 PM, Scott7975 said:

This team is just amazing.  For those that werent around during the Kelly years... this is what its like to watch a special team.

True but can you imagine this team with a back like Thurman OMG talk about unstoppable !! 

I was all about the 90 Bills & every one says today you don't need a good running game or you can have a running back by comity i would much rather have 1 back like Thurman than 3 by comity !! 

Edited by T master

21 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s in no disrespect to Reed or Moulds etc. but Diggs is the next WR the Bills have ever had and nobody is close. The guy is incredible 

Just for fun could you imagine having an Eric Moulds in our lineup along with the guys we have now… 

22 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

What we're seeing Josh do weekly, Jim could only dream of doing. And I think he'd be the first to admit that.  Josh is an alien and cyborg. 

Is that an Aliorg or a cybian?

Apparently Aliorg.  Don't google what a cybian is (Though I think he has the same effect on Bills fans).

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, T master said:

True but can you imagine this team with a back like Thurman OMG talk about unstoppable !! 

I was all about the 90 Bills & every one says today you don't need a good running game or you can have a running back by comity i would much rather have 1 back like Thurman than 3 by comity !! 

I would too but our oline is still a bigger part of the problem that no back is going to fix.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I would too but our oline is still a bigger part of the problem that no back is going to fix.

I think a talent like Thurman would make a difference but that's just me those kind of guys have great vision and can make holes where there looks to be none & have moves to get in to places & through holes like Motor did on that long run last week .

Cook did the same patients + vision = a better back despite a average O line . Now if the Bills O line was terrible that would be 1 thing but they are not absolutely terrible & i think they will get better as the year goes on like they did last season & we will see motor & Cook produce more .

Don't forget there are a bunch of new pieces & a new coach with new blocking schemes that all takes time to come about Josh basically has the same scheme familiar coaching & players so he's looking close to the same but the O line has a  lot of different parts & it takes time to build chemistry .

4 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

I remember starting high school in the year that the team would go on to 2-14.  And I remember Kelly coming in (he didn't want to play here), a bumpy start, a coaching change (yet another one!), the strike season, the "miracle" 1988 season, the letdown 1989 season (my first year of college), and the horrible baggage of this franchise. 90-91 was a gift where 1989 was a huge disappointment.  Here's to hoping that this year it not another wide right; however, if this is 90-91 as our baseline, then I'll take it.

I had a work buddy who was nagging me to go to a game.  I lived in Rochester - as you stated they were 2-14 the year before and then in 85 the same....I went to the Chargers opener in 85.....bought single game tixs for the entire season - We could basically sit ANYWHERE.  Kelly signed and I sprung for season tixs......man what a helluva run I saw.  Those were great days.  These days?  Sadly I am in South Florida, an hour south of Tampa.  I HATE the Suxanears.

I am with you baseline 90-91?  I'd take it.  Right now only thing missing is a HOF RB and a few ALL PRO linemen.....gawd if JA17 had that!!!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.