Soft on crime Democrats - the system is the problem?

Big Blitz

2 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Take away police.

Keep criminals on the streets.

Democrats are willfully destroying this country from the inside out.

The Left is full of hateful sick fux.

I wish these Dem politicians didn't have personal security. If Pelosi, AOC or anyone of them got viciously attacked then you would see the toughest laws passed on criminal behavior in a NY minute. Since they don't give a crap about the general public nothing will change. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, US Egg said:

Take away police.

Keep criminals on the streets.

Democrats are willfully destroying this country from the inside out.

The Left is full of hateful sick fux.

Equity, yo...

Democrat Denial Is Spiking in Unison With Illegal Immigrant Crime Spree.

“We’ve now reached the stage that’s the surest sign that the Dems know they’re losing a grip on the narrative — the ‘Republicans are racist,’ stage,

which is yet another permutation of denial.

We’ve gotten here because of the rising incidences of violent illegal immigrant crime, which they’re also denying.”

https://pjmedia.com/stephen-kruiser/2024/03/01/the-morning-briefing-n4926891

On 10/3/2023 at 9:48 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

The big lie in the bail reform/prison reform narrative

"Now those accused of non-violent or non-serious crimes will be released. Defendants accused of more serious crimes will appear before a magistrate who will determine alternative 'appropriate non-financial pre-arraignment release terms.'

Gun possession, no victim.

Smash and grab, no victim.

We see it in cities across the country how the nonviolent and victimless crime narrative is tossed out the window.  and violent and property crime is not only spiking, but passively promoted by city leadership, that just parrots the party narrative. 

Well, this awkward

This is insane.  Who is she speaking for the criminals?  Most of the victims in Memphis (war zone level crime) are black.  Kids and innocent people being gunned down in that city on the daily. ..

• Angry 2

No leftist is allowed to utter the words “stochastic terrorism” until they acknowledge Justin Carmony as a victim of left-wing domestic terrorism. 

• Angry 3

• 2 weeks later...

https://abc7ny.com/far-rockaway-queens-shooting-nyc-crime/14570095/

Another victim of left wing domestic terrorism in everyone’s favorite shithole. 

According to officials, the driver of the vehicle was arrested for gun possession in April of 2023. He was back out in the street.

If I or one of my brothers caught a gun charge last April we’d be sitting in a state prison right now. 

1CBCCC62-ACD6-41CE-A2AF-84CDB3BF3A6B.thumb.jpeg.e7f001f3489011e0e445b0739ae754a7.jpeg

9 hours ago, LeviF said:

https://abc7ny.com/far-rockaway-queens-shooting-nyc-crime/14570095/

Another victim of left wing domestic terrorism in everyone’s favorite shithole. 

If I or one of my brothers caught a gun charge last April we’d be sitting in a state prison right now. 

1CBCCC62-ACD6-41CE-A2AF-84CDB3BF3A6B.thumb.jpeg.e7f001f3489011e0e445b0739ae754a7.jpeg

Whatever you think of new gun control proposals, the process needs to begin with enforcing the firearms laws we already have on the books.

Suspect "previously arrested for having a gun." Given Supreme Court precedents, it's unlikely he would have been arrested unless he was subject to a special restriction like felon in possession of a firearm or illegal alien in possession. So yes, he should have been in jail, and a cop should be alive today.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Whatever you think of new gun control proposals, the process needs to begin with enforcing the firearms laws we already have on the books.

Suspect "previously arrested for having a gun." Given Supreme Court precedents, it's unlikely he would have been arrested unless he was subject to a special restriction like felon in possession of a firearm or illegal alien in possession. So yes, he should have been in jail, and a cop should be alive today.

I’ve been banging that drum for a while. New York City in particular has the resources to ruthlessly enforce every gun law on the books and they choose not to. 

Every week I get a bulletin about people known to be prohibited from possessing firearms displaying firearms on various social media platforms. Then of course there are the endless videos on TikTok and what have you of gangbangers displaying their glocks with sears or full auto switches. But you never hear about them getting scooped up by the ATF to get their mandatory 10 plus 10 for the gang escalator. Wonder why. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

I’ve been banging that drum for a while. New York City in particular has the resources to ruthlessly enforce every gun law on the books and they choose not to. 

Every week I get a bulletin about people known to be prohibited from possessing firearms displaying firearms on various social media platforms. Then of course there are the endless videos on TikTok and what have you of gangbangers displaying their glocks with sears or full auto switches. But you never hear about them getting scooped up by the ATF to get their mandatory 10 plus 10 for the gang escalator. Wonder why. 

I actually had a judge get really pissed off at me once for arguing the same thing (knowing that she was a gun control advocate): if you want to make an impact on gun crime, that begins with vigorously enforcing the existing gun crimes ...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I actually had a judge get really pissed off at me once for arguing the same thing (knowing that she was a gun control advocate): if you want to make an impact on gun crime, that begins with vigorously enforcing the existing gun crimes ...

It’s the same story every time, including from the residents here: leftists are willing to try anything except actually punishing criminals. 

Example in another area is the Minnesota (?) AG suing Kia and Hyundai because their cars are “too easy for the youth to steal.”

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LeviF said:

It’s the same story every time, including from the residents here: leftists are willing to try anything except actually punishing criminals. 

Example in another area is the Minnesota (?) AG suing Kia and Hyundai because their cars are “too easy for the youth to steal.”

Agreed. In the gun case I mentioned above, it was an illegal aliens who didn't just possess a gun; he was actually an unlicensed gun dealer to other illegal aliens. He had no record of violence himself, but still, really? A judge who has issues with sentencing that guy to prison time??

I just can't understand why Libs want such lax laws.  Who benefits?  I know politicians will do anything to get votes?  But how does letting a dude go free twenty-one times get you votes?  If anyone on this board can explain it to me - you've got my respect.  

What a mess.  

21 minutes ago, Irv said:

I just can't understand why Libs want such lax laws.  Who benefits?  I know politicians will do anything to get votes?  But how does letting a dude go free twenty-one times get you votes?  If anyone on this board can explain it to me - you've got my respect.  

What a mess.  

That's what they're told to believe/support.  For the good of the party.

52 minutes ago, Irv said:

What a mess.  

If they were convinced that someone like that wouldn't kill a white cop at some point as a reward for being cut loose a couple dozen times they would have locked him up long ago. The terror is the point.

8 minutes ago, LeviF said:

If they were convinced that someone like that wouldn't kill a white cop at some point as a reward for being cut loose a couple dozen times they would have locked him up long ago. The terror is the point.

The term "bleeding heart liberal" comes to mind when examining views on crime.  Libs believe people committing crimes are "victims".  The actual victims of crime not so much.  Victims of the system, victims of bias, victims of broken homes, victims of one ism or another that creates an under-privileged situation.  So they think the act of cutting them some slack and showing compassion will magically transform them into model citizens.  But the results are mixed at best.  There's a couple major problems with this theory the biggest being there's no concern or awareness for the consequences others will face, like being murdered, if this theory doesn't pan out. 

Another is while they're typically elitist whites with advanced college degrees, their superior intellect somehow fails to lead them to the understanding that people that commit crimes of violence don't think the way they think.  They think like criminals.  They think about the present and nothing much of the future and don't consider long-term consequences of their behavior.  Because there is no long-term when the short-term is consumed with survival.  These folks aren't thinking about their 401-K plan in 2050.  You cutting them a break sends the signal you're a patsy and an easy mark, somebody that can be played.        

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The term "bleeding heart liberal" comes to mind when examining views on crime.  Libs believe people committing crimes are "victims".  The actual victims of crime not so much.  Victims of the system, victims of bias, victims of broken homes, victims of one ism or another that creates an under-privileged situation.  So they think the act of cutting them some slack and showing compassion will magically transform them into model citizens.  But the results are mixed at best.  There's a couple major problems with this theory the biggest being there's no concern or awareness for the consequences others will face, like being murdered, if this theory doesn't pan out. 

Another is while they're typically elitist whites with advanced college degrees, their superior intellect somehow fails to lead them to the understanding that people that commit crimes of violence don't think the way they think.  They think like criminals.  They think about the present and nothing much of the future and don't consider long-term consequences of their behavior.  Because there is no long-term when the short-term is consumed with survival.  These folks aren't thinking about their 401-K plan in 2050.  You cutting them a break sends the signal you're a patsy and an easy mark, somebody that can be played.        

Violent criminals don't consider long-term consequences because on average they aren't intelligent enough to even conceive of the second order consequences of their actions.

And the only way to "deter" crime among those who are unable to understand second-order consequences is to toss them somewhere that they cannot get access to the public.

Believe it or not, "elitist whites with advanced college degrees" (who, by the way, are not the leading champions of various "reforms" of the CJ system) are at least capable of understanding both of the above points. Which begs the question, why do they ignore it? At some point malice needs to be considered as a motive.

8 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

the understanding that people that commit crimes of violence don't think the way they think.  They think like criminals.  They think about the present and nothing much of the future and don't consider long-term consequences of their behavior

The Wall St Journal's "Best of the Web" blog used to mock stories that exhibited this kind of thinking. They'd give them a headline of, "Fox Butterfield, Is That You?"

Fox Butterfield (real name!) wrote a New York Times story with the headline, "Despite Lowering Crime Rates, Jails Remain Full." Think about it for a minute. Or a second. Cause and effect?

But that really was the mindset, and sadly still is after decades of data showing that repeat offenders are responsible for most crime.

By the way, this is why decriminalization programs like Portland's drug experiment fail. Even for the category with the greatest "present orientation" - drug addicts - a simple thing like arresting and holding someone for a day or two changes the incentive structure. It forces them to miss out on their next high, and that in turn causes them to try their luck in another city, to keep their drug use out of plain sight, or even maybe try to get off drugs entirely.

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Most lack empathy and impulse control as well.  So even if they were to think about the consequences, many don't care and/or can't help themselves.