AFC Rankings Week Two

TFBillsfan

Just now, DCofNC said:

Let’s pump the brakes on Miami, let them see what a real team looks like and go from there.

Everyone is good until they play us 😂 I saw people saying the Bills haven't played anyone good yet so maybe we need to pump the brakes ourselves 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

If anyone other than the first three won the conference I'd be shocked. AFC not as deep as we thought, very top heavy.

Lots of time and we’ve seen how teams balance out over long stretches. A lackluster game doesn’t color much this early. I agree those are the top three but think we see several of the second tier teams get hot for stretches and look like they could make real noise. 

9 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Everyone is good until they play us 😂 I saw people saying the Bills haven't played anyone good yet so maybe we need to pump the brakes ourselves 

In the last 50 years the Bills have never defeated a good team. Every team we beat now sucks

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I thought Denver and Cincy were for sure going to be in the playoffs and now I think they both miss.

Struggling to see Denver going toe to toe with KC AND LAC. Was hopeful the AFCW would give KC some challenges. Cinncy still has time but that OL is troubling. AFCS is a train wreck right now. 

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I thought Denver and Cincy were for sure going to be in the playoffs and now I think they both miss.

Royale, that surprises me with respect to Denver from you.  Please, my friend, I don't mean that as an insult and I love Russ, but he is getting older and it is a tough division.  I was thinking things were going to be for the AFC Playoffs: Buffalo, Miami (they did show improvement in their offseason moves and they have been close recently), Cincy (although that may be changing), Ravens, Indy (may be wrong...what the hell who can predict that division) and Chiefs, Chargers.

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Royale, that surprises me with respect to Denver from you.  Please, my friend, I don't mean that as an insult and I love Russ, but he is getting older and it is a tough division.  I was thinking things were going to be for the AFC Playoffs: Buffalo, Miami (they did show improvement in their offseason moves and they have been close recently), Cincy (although that may be changing), Ravens, Indy (may be wrong...what the hell who can predict that division) and Chiefs, Chargers.

I thought Russ would give their offense something...enough to get them into the playoffs at least.  I didn't think he was a top 7 QB anymore but thought he could get them to 10 wins and a WC.  Chiefs winning the division, Chargers/Broncos wildcards.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

1. Buffalo

2. KC

3. Chargers

4. Miami

Pretty murky after those four. Buffalo and KC are more like 1a and 1b. It’s early and lots of football to be played. Thoughts?

I don't have any problem with that ranking. 

Tyreek Hill has immediately gone in there and produced, he wasn't just some New York Knicks giving an over the hill veteran big name a token contract. 

25 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

First team since 2002 to open the season with 2 straight wins over teams that had 12+ wins the previous season....

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The only way Denver gets in is a WC, they are going to finish 4th in their division.  Russ looks old and HACKet looks like a Hack.  I think Elway finally signed his resignation from roster decisions this off season.  He’s played a dangerous game and won once on it, the difference is, the team is no where near as good as when the ghost of Peyton’s past came in and just had to exist to win.   Even with a good version of RW, I thought they were questionable, as of right now, they are in trouble. 

Just now, DCofNC said:

The only way Denver gets in is a WC, they are going to finish 4th in their division.  Russ looks old and HACKet looks like a Hack.  I think Elway finally signed his resignation from roster decisions this off season.  He’s played a dangerous game and won once on it, the difference is, the team is no where near as good as when the ghost of Peyton’s past came in and just had to exist to win.   Even with a good version of RW, I thought they were questionable, as of right now, they are in trouble. 

Does Elway have any football related decisions anymore?

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

Schedule is very favorable. Who would you put above them right now? 

I don’t know as you can definitively put teams over them, but I’d still take Baltimore over them, regardless of the 4th quarter last game.  I know teams are stumbling, but I haven’t seen much besides one explosive quarter to get excited about.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does Elway have any football related decisions anymore?

If you buy for one second, he didn’t have a major role in the RW move, idk what to tell you. 

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

If you buy for one second, he didn’t have a major role in the RW move, idk what to tell you. 

I don’t follow the Broncos closely but my friend does.  He told me Elway has been stripped of all football decisions because of how bad he’s been.  He’s just a figure head for the organization and if he wasn’t a legend, would have been fired.  

The new GM makes the football decisions.  Elway might be a part of it but everything runs through the GM.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.