NFL Week #2 - 9/18/2022 - Around the NFL - Games Not Including the Bills

BuffaloBill

Just now, Ray Stonada said:

Tua's stat line: 36 of 50, 469 yards, 6 TD, 2 INT, 124.1 rating

Weak arm or no weak arm, that's a lotta production.

Prediction:

If Tua has to throw 50 times next week, he'll leave the game on a cart before getting there 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

This thread has brought out all the posters who show up in post game threads to tell us "I told you so!"

This was just a fascinating game. I was one of the ones dogging Tua in the first half. Bottom line is Tua is not special but he does have enough skills that he can hurt you with the receivers he has. Waddle and Hill are probably the best WR tandem in the league. And that's probably not hyperbole. McDaniels is also getting good production from the running game. 

Not sure what to think of the Miami defense though either. It was a tell of two halves for them on that side of the ball.

7 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

So Tua was throwing against a second string?

I wouldn’t even say second string…there’s gotta be a hex on the Baltimore defensive backfield or something.  They weren’t particularly healthy coming into the game and it only got worse from there.  Peters I think made it through but he was on a pitch count because he’s still recovering from an injury 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wjag said:

No matter what you do/don’t believe about Tua, what he did today was pretty damn special.  

Miami has to feel great about their team and start.  Props to their coaches to keep their heads in that game. 

As far as Harbaugh though, he needs to really wonder about his secondary.  

my thoughts on this game….

it was about big plays by each team.

ni do t think the Baltimore D is all that good.

Baltimore got a KO TD, a 75 yd pass TD and a 78 yd or so run TD by Lamar.

then in the4th they played soft allowing big plays when other D usually play a protect the big play defense and make them dink and dunk.

5 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Not what I said. Don't think Allen has ever had 6 passing TD's.

Pretty laughable implication though…josh authored a perfect offensive game against a top 5 defense in the playoffs I don’t think a random regular season game against a secondary decimated by injuries really compares.  

were you a Miami doomer last year?  I think your argument holds a little less water if you were 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills said:

No, Allen has been much better than that.

I can accept the argument that Mahomes is seen as better than Josh at this stage because of his consistency (though he got lucky at times on Thursday). On the flipside, Josh is more consistent/reliable than Tua. The latter is more reliant on his receivers making average throws look good and, luckily for him, he has some superb receivers.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.