Mandalorian: Season 3

Just Jack

• 4 months later...

Did I spy the R5-D4 droid (that was the one Uncle Owen first tells Luke to get from the Jawas in ANH) in Mando’s N1 droid compartment? How awesome of a callback detail would that be if Peli Moto owned it after it puked oil all over itself at the Lars homestead? She bought it from the Jawas… maybe the one she dated for a few months? Some people 💩 on fan service moments like these, but I love them! Dave and John have been great executive producers & writers.

Edited by UConn James
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I do like this show, but I'll admit that I am not as thrilled about its return as I should be.

The way everything went down with "The Book of Boba Fett" was cheap. 

I was very interested in seeing how they would approach "The Mandalorian" without Grogu.

Instead, they are re-united as if nothing ever happened. Which made the end of season 2 absolutely pointless.

I'll still check it out, but my excitement has waned.

• Vomit 1

3 hours ago, UConn James said:

Did I spy the R5-D4 droid (that was the one Uncle Owen first tells Luke to get from the Jawas in ANH) in Mando’s N1 droid compartment? How awesome of a callback detail would that be if Peli Moto owned it ~15 years before it pukes oil all over itself at the Lars homestead? Some people 💩 on fan service moments like these, but I love them! Dave and John have been great executive producers & writers.

I got stoked seeing R5!

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I do like this show, but I'll admit that I am not as thrilled about its return as I should be.

The way everything went down with "The Book of Boba Fett" was cheap. 

I was very interested in seeing how they would approach "The Mandalorian" without Grogu.

Instead, they are re-united as if nothing ever happened. Which made the end of season 2 absolutely pointless.

I'll still check it out, but my excitement has waned.

I want to forget Book Of Boba Fett completely.

I don't think it's pointless though. The most important part of this whole story is Grogu and his decision to be a Jedi or Mandalorian.

Grogu IS the Mandalorian.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I want to forget Book Of Boba Fett completely.

I don't think it's pointless though. The most important part of this whole story is Grogu and his decision to be a Jedi or Mandalorian.

Grogu IS the Mandalorian.

It was pointless.

The whole thing with Luke showing up, and taking Grogu with him, which was Grogu's choice, and then the Mandalorian removes his mask for Grogu, was a big emotional send off.

But, no big deal, they get reunited in a week! Cheap ploy by the writers.

A season of The Mandalorian without Grogu, would've been interesting.

14 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

It was pointless.

The whole thing with Luke showing up, and taking Grogu with him, which was Grogu's choice, and then the Mandalorian removes his mask for Grogu, was a big emotional send off.

I get it. Producers are probably too afraid, Grogu being the big money maker that he is.

8 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

It was pointless.

I'm with you on this. Those Boba Fett episodes that were basically Mandalorian episodes should have at the very least been the first few episodes of season 3 so it maybe wouldn't have been as cheap as we'd have seen them apart for a little bit.

Something I didn't consider until reading about it recently is how this situation feels to people who didn't watch Boba Fett. Evidently there was quite a backlash after the trailer dropped from this group thinking wtf as season 2 ended with this big send off and then they see them immediately back together in the trailer? That would have annoyed me too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Interestingly, my son and I only made it through 3 episodes of Andor before losing interest.  And we’ve really enjoyed all of the other ones (except for maybe Boba Fett).  What am I missing?  Does it get better?

Yes? I thought it was good the whole way through.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Interestingly, my son and I only made it through 3 episodes of Andor before losing interest.  And we’ve really enjoyed all of the other ones (except for maybe Boba Fett).  What am I missing?  Does it get better?

Andor is more of a slow burn until the heist ep.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.