​ 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 President Biden, A Good American President! ​ 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

Tiberius

Hear! Hear!

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/07/04/progressives-celebrate-fourth-of-july-00104547

But highlighting the hypocrisy and violence is also incomplete. For one, it makes it easier for the right to caricature our beliefs and commitments. But more importantly, failing to articulate our complex feelings of grief and belonging is also an injustice to the reality of how much we feel and care about the future of this land. And while many of us may be uncomfortable with flag-waving nationalism, we do live the values and civic ideals that embody love of country. We are tied to this place we call home. And while many of us also have diasporic and transnational ties to other people and places we love, belong to, and care about, this does not diminish our sense of connection and love that we feel to this place — to local communities and even to nation.

btw, very comfortable with flag waving nationalism.

Edited by redtail hawk

On 6/30/2023 at 4:32 PM, BillStime said:

Joe is a persistent one 

This is a good example of the disconnect where student loan debt comes into play.  There is no doubt there are those that took loans who might “need” assistance.  Perhaps they got sick, perhaps they had an accident, perhaps they went through a difficult time with the death or illness of a loved one.  On the other hand, we have the people who “want” a debt solution because they want to spend the money elsewhere, or don’t want to pay it at all, or whatever.  

BillSy, wouldn’t you agree your siblings are in the “want” category, not the need group?  It sounds like the resources were always there to pay off the obligation, it’s just that your parents preferred the debt be addressed by the student v making it a family debt.  

Maybe the next evolution of the discussion involves a much, much smaller number of citizens but access to higher levels of relief. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is a good example of the disconnect where student loan debt comes into play.  There is no doubt there are those that took loans who might “need” assistance.  Perhaps they got sick, perhaps they had an accident, perhaps they went through a difficult time with the death or illness of a loved one.  On the other hand, we have the people who “want” a debt solution because they want to spend the money elsewhere, or don’t want to pay it at all, or whatever.  

BillSy, wouldn’t you agree your siblings are in the “want” category, not the need group?  It sounds like the resources were always there to pay off the obligation, it’s just that your parents preferred the debt be addressed by the student v making it a family debt.  

Maybe the next evolution of the discussion involves a much, much smaller number of citizens but access to higher levels of relief. 

Do you think 75% of those who received PPP loans needed their loans… and needed their loans forgiven?

42 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Do you think 75% of those who received PPP loans needed their loans… and needed their loans forgiven? 

You posted a link to an article about student loan forgiveness and “need”.  I asked a question about the difference between something that one might “need” v something that one might “prefer”.  

If you’re uncomfortable discussing it, why post it in the first place? 

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You posted a link to an article about student loan forgiveness and “need”.  I asked a question about the difference between something that one might “need” v something that one might “prefer”.  

If you’re uncomfortable discussing it, why post it in the first place? 

Ha! Why would I be uncomfortable?

You were questioning whether my parents or siblings have a need.

Like those with PPP loans - my family was simply playing by the rules.

Sounds like you’re just upset that the system is set up to benefit the rich. Hence, why the rich get richer.

Not my fault you continue to vote against your best interest. 

39 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Ha! Why would I be uncomfortable?

You were questioning whether my parents or siblings have a need.

Like those with PPP loans - my family was simply playing by the rules.

Sounds like you’re just upset that the system is set up to benefit the rich. Hence, why the rich get richer.

Not my fault you continue to vote against your best interest. 

No, I was questioning the concept of need v want as it related to the link you shared, and used your family situation as an example.  

I think I understand your perspective. 

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No, I was questioning the concept of need v want as it related to the link you shared, and used your family situation as an example.  

I think I understand your perspective. 

I shared a Tweet and highlighted the guys persistence.

You tried to make it personal for me - and failed.

If only Trump fought as hard for America and not the Trump Org he might be POTUS today.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

I shared a Tweet and highlighted the guys persistence.

You tried to make it personal for me - and failed.

If only Trump fought as hard for America and not the Trump Org he might be POTUS today.

It’s weird though, how you responded with a question about PPP, not about persistence.   Probably just lost track of your thoughts. 

I did indeed inquire about your personal situation because I was looking for your feedback, personally, given the information you had shared previously.   If that’s a hot button for you, I’m happy to move on.  It won’t come up again. 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It’s weird though, how you responded with a question about PPP, not about persistence.   Probably just lost track of your thoughts. 

I did indeed inquire about your personal situation because I was looking for your feedback, personally, given the information you had shared previously.   If that’s a hot button for you, I’m happy to move on.  It won’t come up again. 

Here we go again.

You turned 

On 6/30/2023 at 4:32 PM, BillStime said:

Joe is a persistent one 

into something else and it doesn’t work.

Maybe you should move on because clearly you’re triggered by the fact the Joe actually cares for the American people and wants to make a difference. 

And that’s what pisses you off… because you have very little to point to on your side of the fence.

Keep digging - it’s glorious.