Least Favorite Beer?

It's a tie:  Koch's Golden Anniversary & National Bohemian

But much like SF Bills Fan, if you hand it to me, I'll probably drink it.  I used to eat MREs.  I can stomach just about anything.

335736[/snapback]

I know NattyBo. My buddy that went to Hopkins used to drink that stuff. I remember going to Preakness one year and drinking so much of that stuff that I could actually see my hangover the next day.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way too many to name. As a general rule when you start using cheap corn and rice as the source of your fermentable sugars as opposed to malted barley (which beer is supposed to be made from), you end up with a lot of the swill beers mentioned here already.

When I was in college there was a beer so nasty that you had to slam it down one shotglass at a time.

Fort Schuyler. Believe it or not...a byproduct of Utica Club.

99 cents a six pack. When you're a college student there is nothing like having the ability to buy an entire case of beer for under four bucks.

Yup it's Jamaican.  There's a Bahaman beer that we drink when we're over there called Kalik.  Not much to write home about, but then again it's not like I discuss beer with my folks. 

:D  ;)  :doh:

335740[/snapback]

It''s crazy when you travel around and you always drink the local brews. I remmber when I was in Argentina, they had Kilmes, not too bad. But the choices are always limited. It seems like it's the national beer, Carlsberg (for some reason) and Bud. I'm ashamed that that Bud seems to be the best we can do internationally.

When I was in college there was a beer so nasty that you had to slam it down one shotglass at a time.

Fort Schuyler. Believe it or not...a byproduct of Utica Club.

99 cents a six pack. When you're a college student there is nothing like having the ability to buy an entire case of beer for under four bucks.

335748[/snapback]

I am older than you, but in our college days we used to buy a beer called "Phoenix" for $3 a case. You had to HIDE the good beer for special friends, and keep Phoenix in plain sight for the dorm trolls. :D

I am older than you, but in our college days we used to buy a beer called "Phoenix" for $3 a case. You had to HIDE the good beer for special friends,  and keep Phoenix in plain sight for the dorm trolls.  :D

335760[/snapback]

We just got as much Beast light that we could buy and anyone and everyone who wanted a beer was welcome to them......it makes for a much better time when people dont become A-holes of people drinking beers or charging to get into parties.

I don't think it's made anymore, but Utica Club Cream Ale used to give the worst headache after just one swig. Pure crap.

Even though it has it's place (on very hot, sweaty days or when nothing else is available), Coors light cannot be called beer - beer flavored water is more like it.

335706[/snapback]

I'm with ya on the Utica Club. You would be wise to pour that stuff directly into the toilet bowl and save yourself the horrific experience of having your intestines scraped out.

Coors Light is a piss poor excuse of a beer.

The worst tasting "beer" I've ever had was 211 Steel Reserve. Some of the guys I work with gave me a 22 oz. can of it one night after our shift ended, it was terrible.

Not original, but definitely Bud. Tastes like watered down piss to me and always gives me a huge headache - nice to see I am not the only one who suffers from that side effect.

I am older than you, but in our college days we used to buy a beer called "Phoenix" for $3 a case. You had to HIDE the good beer for special friends,  and keep Phoenix in plain sight for the dorm trolls.  ;)

335760[/snapback]

Beer existed when you were in college? :D:doh:

Yeah, I hate drinking in the bathroom too.  :D

Any Genny product and Golden Anniversary.

335696[/snapback]

I hate Killians. So many people love it, but it has a dead, almost stale spot in its aftertaste. I have tried it a little warmer than freezing cold, and it is a little bit better a few degrees warmer, but all around I hate the beer.

First thing that came into my mind when I read the topic. Bud. Crappy, crappy beer. Glad to see others haven't fallen prey to endless add campaigns.

Coors light is plenty undrinkable too.

I've had some smaller run beers that were pretty hard to hold down, but I've tried to purge my memory of them.

least favorite beer is the one that someone started to puke in

and then just kinda dribbled in, just that little bit a vomit, and

then you accidently drink some of it just because you thought the

glass was yours.....but wait.....i still like that more than Bud, so it is a tough question.

I can't believe no one said Black Label I still get the shivers when I think about it. I agree with Utica Club too I think they were both made in Utica. I know at least 4 people who also get headaches from Bud...............Crap

I can't believe no one said Black Label I still get the shivers when I think about it. I agree with Utica Club too I think they were both made in Utica. I know at least 4 people who also get headaches from Bud...............Crap

335932[/snapback]

Agree, Black Label is some foul stuff.

Does anybody remember the generic beer Bells or Super Duper used to sell. It came in a yellow can with just the work "BEER" on the label. I drank one once and I think I puked.  :o

335733[/snapback]

I agree. That was the nastiest beer that I have ever had. I could never understand why anyone would want to buy it. Quite the status symbol to go along with the horrible taste.

335932[/snapback]

I love Carling Black Label. The distictive Red and Black can...I think it was the originator of the 15-pack. When everyone else burned through their 12-pack, you always had a smile on your face because you knew you had three more cans waiting in the wings. I get shivers and goosebumps when I think about it (though it's more than likely the DTs and a rash).

I'd like to add Schmidts and Schlitz to this list as well. I think they were "brewed" from the same sewer.

335941[/snapback]

Finally 4 pages into the thread. Schmidts has got to be the foulest tasting beer ever made. It makes Matts taste like Labbats! I remember a keg party from my youth where the beer on tap was Schmidts. Not only did it taste like piss, the hangover I had the next day was one of the worst I've ever had. I had a headache for 3 days. :o

335932[/snapback]

The last (and only?) Black Label I had was on a road trip some 20 yrs ago - it was this big honking bottle, did they have it in 24oz? - drank it in the backseat of the car, got to our destination, got out of car, puked it up, went on my way...