Josh Allen is the NFL's Ultimate "Ultimate Weapon": What's Next? (Great article, paywall)

Logic

30 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

I'll believe it when I see it. 

VS

I'll see it when I believe it  

Let's agree to disagree. 

Not sure I disagreed with you on anything. Just saying Miller can run his mouth about stuff all he wants because he's done it all, the rest haven't so they are pitching the company line of "one game at a time" while Miller is saying "I want another 'ship"

I agreed with everything else you said prior. 

2 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Do we really have to do this again ???

Do what again

You can't have Josh Allen as your QB and not win a couple super bowls dude. Period

Doug Collins was fired by the bulls, a good coach. But it is what it is. Eventually you must win chips if you have a talent like mj

Marty schottenheimer 

Dan reeves 

It happens man. You can't have Josh Allen as a talent and screw up that bad. He's under a lot of pressure and rightfully so. I'm not worried about Josh Allen. I am concerned about McDermott in pressure situations 

Edited by Forlorn hope

On 9/2/2022 at 6:06 AM, Steptide said:

Isn't it crazy how many of us (myself included) thought the bills made a horrible pick in that draft? Gotta hand it to beane and the staff for having that foresight. 

The credit goes to Allen for working hard and becoming the best in his craft

the Bills coaching staff for being patient with him and then putting him in places to succeed

Beane and his team for surrounding Allen with some top talent

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

People love Beane and McDermott.  But the truth be told, if Allen had been a bust, both would be out of Buffalo.  Josh Allen is a career maker. 

That is how it goes in the NFL.  However, see my other post....It is coming together of all things....Beane and McDermott have a strong role to play in Allens success and hence vice versa

16 hours ago, eball said:

I encourage Bills fans to take a step back and simply enjoy whatever run we have with Josh.  The “we have to win the SB this year or the season is a failure” mentality is, in my own insignificant opinion, unhealthy.

As the article suggests, JA is probably a once-in-a-lifetime talent — not a trend of NFL QBs into the future.  If things progress as they should, the championships will follow given the strong organizational structure in Buffalo.

I’m going to enjoy the hell out of this.

+1

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

People love Beane and McDermott.  But the truth be told, if Allen had been a bust, both would be out of Buffalo.  Josh Allen is a career maker. 

That's true for any team.  You don't draft well and/or win, you get booted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Forlorn hope said:

You can't have Josh Allen as your QB and not win a couple super bowls dude. Period

Sure you can.

Super bowl wins:

Manning: 2 (2 different teams)

Brees: 1

Elway: 2

Kelly: 0

Marino: 0

I understand Allen is a freak of nature compared to most of these guys but yea, it's definitely possible for it to happen.

15 hours ago, Chaos said:

There’s truth in this, but that’s almost always the case in the NFL. Being right with a high draft pick QB buys you a lot of time. A bust and you’ve got one foot out the door. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

There’s truth in this, but that’s almost always the case in the NFL. Being right with a high draft pick QB buys you a lot of time. A bust and you’ve got one foot out the door. 

The thing is, they didn't give up a lot to get Josh.  They traded up from 21 to 12 with Cordy Glenn, who was done.  Then they traded 2-2nd rounders to move to 7.  Contrast that with what the 49'ers and Bears gave up to get their QBs.  Now those are guys on the hot seat.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

yes which means we all mainly love Josh. 

On 9/2/2022 at 8:29 PM, Chaos said:

McDermott broke the franchise drought with Tyrod. If Josh were a bust they would’ve moved on quickly. 

10 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

Ok, I'll beat this horse to death: JA actually has highest passer rating in NFL PLAYOFF history at at 106.6. He stands above Mahomes, Bart Starr, Kurt Warner and everyone else.

something about him…. This bigger the game the more he balls out. 

On 9/2/2022 at 6:29 PM, Chaos said:

This is a popular yet silly argument. If, maybe, but….blah blah. Fact: the did draft JA when 6 other teams passed. Fact: they made the playoffs after 17 years in their first season. Fact: they have drafted or traded for star players aside from JA. 

23 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

This is a popular yet silly argument. If, maybe, but….blah blah. Fact: the did draft JA when 6 other teams passed. Fact: they made the playoffs after 17 years in their first season. Fact: they have drafted or traded for star players aside from JA. 

You are entitled to your opinion. No matter how wrong it is. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.