Josh Allen is the NFL's Ultimate "Ultimate Weapon": What's Next? (Great article, paywall)

Logic

8 hours ago, Chaos said:

You are entitled to your opinion. No matter how wrong it is. 

It wasn't wrong.  And the fact that they made the playoffs their 1st season together after a 17 year drought bought them a lot of time.  If they could keep making the playoffs even without having drafted Josh, they'd still be around.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/2/2022 at 11:20 AM, julian said:

It’s the greatest playoff performance by any QB in league history not just Bills history

I get it, he’s our qb, but in last year’s playoff loss to KC:

Allen:

329 yds passing and 4 td passes, with 68 yds rushing 

Mahomes:

378 yds passing and 3 td  passes , with 69 yds rushing and a rushing td. Along with throwing the game winning td, in OT. 
You can say josh would have won if we won the coin toss, but that’s not a given. 
The greatest performance in league history?!?! He lost to a qb who played just as well, if not a little better. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Allen:

Mahomes:

378 yds passing and 3 td  passes , with 69 yds rushing and a rushing td. Along with throwing the game winning td, in OT. 
You can say josh would have won if we won the coin toss, but that’s not a given. 
The greatest performance in league history?!?! He lost to a qb who played just as well, if not a little better.

Greatest performance in league history is maybe over-stating it.  But go back and reanalyze that part again.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Allen:

Mahomes:

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Greatest performance in league history is maybe over-stating it.  But go back and reanalyze that part again.

Playoff history (in total)

Take both games into account and not just the KC game. 

53 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Allen:

Mahomes:

Mahomes also had an extra drive in OT to accumulate those extra yards… you won’t see me down playing Mahomes performance, he was amazing as well.

Yes it was the greatest 2 game stretch in playoff history, I’m not sure it’s debatable… no other QB has ever played better over 8 consecutive playoff QTRs.

It’s a massive reason why the world came around and has accepted his greatness and they became the odds on favourites.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

Allen:

Mahomes:

In fairness, 50 of Mahomes’ passing yards came in OT when Josh didn’t have a chance to take the field. Deduct them and it’s 329 & 68 with 4TDs vs 328 & 69 with 2TDs and a rushing TD. There’s a reason so many say the game was the height of QB brilliance, and neither deserved to lose.

With Josh, the key this year will be to maintain the superb plays whilst raising the floor from last season. Jacksonville, Indianapolis, to an extent Pittsburgh, Atlanta when he was a brilliant at running but struggled to pass… Hopefully we have improved the O Line and running game from others to help him out. Get his passing percentage completion back to 2020 levels and we should top the AFC, all other things being equal.

He has the potential to be the best QB to ever play the game - the talent is there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.