My baby cat escaped the house overnight and is missing: UPDATE: She walked in after a week AWOL like nothing happened.

Draconator

45 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Our black kitty is named Emery Cygnus. (The one who figures out the Rush reference wins nothing)

Hemispheres!

And I really hope he comes home soon, man.  I'm a cat lover and I hate that you're going through this.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Draconator said:

But what album was Cygnus first mentioned?

Oh, that I do not know.  I'll take a stab and say 2112.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Oh, that I do not know.  I'll take a stab and say 2112.

Googled  it.  I was WRONG!  Farewell to Kings.  Do I still win nothing?

On 8/23/2022 at 3:24 PM, Draconator said:

We talked to all the neighbors who were home. Put out her liter box,  some of our clothing for our scent, some of the dogs food which Chloe loves to eat, posted on as many lost pet Facebook groups as we could, called our vet and Ten Lives Club (where she was adopted from) to let them all know she is missing. 

You're doing all the right things.  We've lost 2, in hindsight the stupidest ones, but found both, within 1-2 houses of where we lived.  She will be found!

When you're looking, look under things.  they will find a covered spot, and mostly stay there.  Also, look up.  She could be on a low tree branch.  Best of luck!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

You're doing all the right things.  We've lost 2, in hindsight the stupidest ones, but found both, within 1-2 houses of where we lived.  She will be found!

When you're looking, look under things.  they will find a covered spot, and mostly stay there.  Also, look up.  She could be on a low tree branch.  Best of luck!

Chloe's nickname is "clueless Chloe". She's often confused. So you're right. She could be very close by. We have searched our trees and looked under our deck and our neighbors deck. 

One of our cats, a big black fat faced hefty tom, used to go off for months at a time. Showed up like nothing had happened and was still lovey and all that. This was for years, over and over. Did always have some scars but hey, do what you've gotta do. This was farm country in Wyoming county.

Like the song says... "the cat came back"... hope this is the case here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Draconator said:

Chloe's nickname is "clueless Chloe". She's often confused. So you're right. She could be very close by. We have searched our trees and looked under our deck and our neighbors deck. 

We found one in a wooded area behind our house, and another under some building debris, behind a house 2 doors away.

• Like (+1) 1

Chloe has been spotted in our back yard! My wife and stepson went out to see if they could get her, but so did our dog and he took off after her, and Chloe ran under the back fence into the neighbors yard. The neighbor has been very kind to let us set a trap in his backyard. There is also a dead mouse near where Chloe was seen so that tells us she's hungry and hunting. Very soon our baby will be back in the house!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Chloe has been spotted in our back yard! My wife and stepson went out to see if they could get her, but so did our dog and he took off after her, and Chloe ran under the back fence into the neighbors yard. The neighbor has been very kind to let us set a trap in his backyard. There is also a dead mouse near where Chloe was seen so that tells us she's hungry and hunting. Very soon our baby will be back in the house!!!

My son and wife have a labradoodle they got together. She had a cat when they met. The dog abuses the cat that I’ve seen only 2-3 times since they got the dog 4 years ago. 

The cat is now peeing all over their new furniture and bed, and they are expecting their first child in October. 

I know where a cat is available!!! 

(Dog guy here, I admit.) 

EDIT: New home for the cat is in the works. 

Edited by Augie
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Maybe Chloe is afraid of your dog in the house? 

59 minutes ago, Draconator said:

WooHoo! Very glad to hear the encouraging news. Looking forward to when she's back safe and sound.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

My son and wife have a labradoodle they got together. She had a cat when they met. The dog abuses the cat that I’ve seen only 2-3 times since they got the dog 4 years ago. 

I have never heard of a labradoodle before.  There was a joke when I was a kid that no dog with self respect would mate with a poodle.  Most poodles when I was growing up had haircuts like Fifi.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.