Impact of Dobbs and Abortion Laws

Just now, BillStime said:

The cult went from States rights to Nationwide ban.

get out of here 

Oh brother. They’re both legislative bodies. You REALLY don’t know how anything works…do you? What the Right has consistently opposed is various levels of the court making decisions that should be made by the legislative branch. The Republicans, like the Democrats, are free to put up any legislation that they’d like. It doesn’t mean it will pass. But at least it’ll get some honest debate. It’s how our system of government works.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh brother. They’re both legislative bodies. You REALLY don’t know how anything works…do you? What the Right has consistently opposed is various levels of the court making decisions that should be made by the legislative branch. The Republicans, like the Democrats, are free to put up any legislation that they’d like. It doesn’t mean it will pass. But at least it’ll get some honest debate. It’s how our system of government works.

lmao - back peddle harder

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

lmao - back peddle harder

Like clockwork….somebody pushes back on your nonsensical Twitter posts and off you go! Here’s a hint: get off Twitter! You’re being manipulated by people only interested in making a fast buck. God Bless America! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Like clockwork….somebody pushes back on your nonsensical Twitter posts and off you go! Here’s a hint: get off Twitter! You’re being manipulated by people only interested in making a fast buck. God Bless America! 

Um yea I pushed back on your pathetic “trust the process” comment and you’re the one losing it - lmao

Enjoy Roevember! 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Um yea I pushed back on your pathetic “trust the process” comment and you’re the one losing it - lmao

Enjoy Roevember! 

Losing it? I’m fine actually. Thanks for asking! 

One person’s Trust the Process is another person’s Defending Democracy….but you don’t really want to live in a ‘democracy’ do you? It only appears to suit you when you get your way.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

Abortion is not as big of a topic as the DEMS and PACS like Code Pink and PP say it is.

its the economy. individual economy to be exact that's at the top of most dinner table discussions

I hope you're right.  Because if that's #1 on more than a few people's minds, we're all screwed.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Losing it? I’m fine actually. Thanks for asking! 

One person’s Trust the Process is another person’s Defending Democracy….but you don’t really want to live in a ‘democracy’ do you? It only appears to suit you when you get your way.

I thankfully live in a blue state where our GOP governor is not taking away women's rights, banning books, sugarcoating history, erasing LGTBQ, and making it difficult for people to vote.

I know you live in California where life is similar.

Meanwhile, you’re claiming that I don’t want to live in a democracy while your friends in red states are literally doing everything in their power to control what people do: say, and live.

You are delusional as always.  So obvious you can’t stand who your party really is because all you do is run around this place telling people they don’t buy your sugarcoated definitions of democracy and fascism.

Enjoy Roevember 

50 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I thankfully live in a blue state where our GOP governor is not taking away women's rights, banning books, sugarcoating history, erasing LGTBQ, and making it difficult for people to vote.

I know you live in California where life is similar.

Meanwhile, you’re claiming that I don’t want to live in a democracy while your friends in red states are literally doing everything in their power to control what people do: say, and live.

You are delusional as always.  So obvious you can’t stand who your party really is because all you do is run around this place telling people they don’t buy your sugarcoated definitions of democracy and fascism.

Enjoy Roevember 

The defining element of a democracy is NOT that you can do whatever you want. Were you asleep during Social Studies today? 

Keep deflecting. Democracy lives…Trust the Process. No matter what the Red Menace wants you to believe. 

I'm not deflecting - YOU ARE!  You can't argue against what RED STATES are doing - taking away rights and trying to erase people is NOT democracy.

Just now, BillStime said:

I'm not deflecting - YOU ARE!  You can't argue against what RED STATES are doing - taking away rights and trying to erase people is NOT democracy.

The legislative process is a B word…isn’t it? It’s way easier to have an activist court just rule by fiat…..or have executive orders commissioned with a pen and a phone. 😂

The legislative process is a B word…isn’t it? It’s way easier to have an activist court just rule by fiat…..or have executive orders commissioned with a pen and a phone. 😂

OH, it's a B alright - and it will backfire in spectacular fashion for you and the cult -> trust the process.

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

OH, it's a B alright - and it will backfire in spectacular fashion for you and the cult -> trust the process.

Trust the process doesn’t mean go running to the court to get what you cannot get done at the ballot box. But…we know that actually fits both sides of the aisle from time to time. 

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Trust the process doesn’t mean go running to the court to get what you cannot get done at the ballot box. But…we know that actually fits both sides of the aisle from time to time. 

What if what you want from the voters is unconstitutional? 🤠

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

So grahams proposal is 15 weeks, includes the exception for rape, ***** and life of mother.  what's the problem here?

That's a completely fair proposal.  That's 105 days or 3.5 months to make a decision.  More than enough time.

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

California has abortion laws you realize right? And New York and every Dem state?

California:

There is no strict cut-off date as to when a pregnancy may be terminated. But absent special circumstances, abortion services cannot be performed once the fetus becomes viable. By definition, a fetus becomes viable if it is likely to sustain survival outside of the uterus. It has to be able to survive without extraordinary medical measures.

Doctors determine whether a given fetus is viable. They make this decision on a case-by-case basis

New York:

Abortion access is available for New Yorkers and for those coming from outside of New York State. You do not have to be a New York State resident to receive care here.  

Medication abortion and in-clinic abortion is available in New York State. You can speak to a provider about your options, and your privacy will be protected every step of the way.  

In New York, you can get an abortion up to and including 24 weeks of pregnancy. After 24 weeks, you can still get an abortion if your health or pregnancy is at risk.

Who is making the decision in California and NY?

The patient and their doctor; not elected SUITS.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

California:

There is no strict cut-off date as to when a pregnancy may be terminated. But absent special circumstances, abortion services cannot be performed once the fetus becomes viable. By definition, a fetus becomes viable if it is likely to sustain survival outside of the uterus. It has to be able to survive without extraordinary medical measures.

Doctors determine whether a given fetus is viable. They make this decision on a case-by-case basis

New York:

Abortion access is available for New Yorkers and for those coming from outside of New York State. You do not have to be a New York State resident to receive care here.  

Medication abortion and in-clinic abortion is available in New York State. You can speak to a provider about your options, and your privacy will be protected every step of the way.  

In New York, you can get an abortion up to and including 24 weeks of pregnancy. After 24 weeks, you can still get an abortion if your health or pregnancy is at risk.

Uhh, so what happens if you abort those viable fetuses in Cali or after 24 in New York?  It's against the law right?

Just now, aristocrat said:

what's upopular about it? which part?  Cali and other dem states generally put limit at viability.  

sounds good to me, hopefully this will be the GOP's big ticket promise for the midterms! You can do it!!!

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

There’s little evidence the Dobbs decision is sinking Republicans

🤣. Love it!!

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BillStime said:

🎯

Turn out the base. 
Let us take the House and Senate and we’ll kill the filibuster and ban abortion nationwide. 
So much for “state’s rights.” Thank you, Sen Graham (a man far more likely to get monkey pox than to get pregnant, or to get a woman pregnant) for revealing that all that “return the issue to the states” crap was bs)

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

what's upopular about it? which part?  Cali and other dem states generally put limit at viability.  

Again they want it all their way.  No limits on abortion, period.  Don't want your kid after you give birth to it?  No problem!  We're battling for the "soul of the Nation" after all...

47 minutes ago, BillStime said:

California:

New York:

again, what happens after those limits? 

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

So grahams proposal is 15 weeks, includes the exception for rape, ***** and life of mother.  what's the problem here?

The devil is in the details. It depends on how abortion exceptions are articulated in the bill and how difficult the exception confirmation process is for the woman, with the most sensitive exceptions being rape cases. While I haven’t read any details on the bill yet, I tend not to trust the Christian theocratic GOP when it comes to drafting any bill pertaining to women’s rights.

But let’s also bear in mind a few basic facts here:

1. 15 weeks is much less than 24-28 weeks a.k.a. the point of fetal viability a.k.a. the delineation of Roe v. Wade.

2. Fewer than 10% of all performed abortions occur beyond 15 weeks, with most of these abortions related to the medical handling of miscarriages.

3. If you support this bill, then you are automatically conceding the “states’ rights” argument.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

The devil is in the details. It depends on how abortion exceptions are articulated in the bill and how difficult the exception confirmation process is for the woman, with the most sensitive exceptions being rape cases. While I haven’t read any details on the bill yet, I tend not to trust the Christian theocratic GOP when it comes to drafting any bill pertaining to women’s rights.

But let’s also bear in mind a few basic facts here:

1. 15 weeks is much less than 24-28 weeks a.k.a. the point of fetal viability a.k.a. the delineation of Roe v. Wade.

2. Fewer than 10% of all performed abortions occur beyond 15 weeks, with most of these abortions related to the medical handling of miscarriages.

3. If you support this bill, then you are automatically conceding the “states’ rights” argument.

This is how legislation is crafted Kay. A proposal is put forth and amendments are offered. Trust the Process. It’s long overdue on abortion. 

You anti abortion folks defended the scotus decision as being rightfully given to the states as your argument.  Now you idiots are for a federal ban?  Slime balls. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

That's a completely fair proposal.  That's 105 days or 3.5 months to make a decision.  More than enough time.

Thought you were all for states having the right to make this decision. 

• Like (+1) 1