OBJ responds to rumor he signed with the Bills

StHustle

I know most here would hate the idea of bringing in OBJ...most have the wrong idea he is a bad teammate. He actually has GREAT reviews from former teammates and just hated being in terrible situations the same way Diggs did. Now his off the field/out of the locker room behavior is definitely to be questioned. Anyway here is the tweet and Ryan Talbot article:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2022/07/odell-beckham-jr-signs-with-bills-thats-what-star-wr-woke-up-thinking.html

Looks like he won't be ready til almost playoff time. I wouldn't hate this idea if the situation at that time called for us to add a WR. As far as cap goes, at this point I don't put nothing past Beane as far as figuring it out. OBJ would be VERY good in this offense!

Edited by StHustle
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I saw that last night and was so confused. He would be a very nice option to have down the stretch on the outside esp if we have any WR injuries 

Yes and it isn’t a secret we are thin at outside WR

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Wouldn’t have posted if OBJ didn’t respond which leads me to believe he actually liked the idea 🤷🏾‍♂️

He probably wants to go back to the rams as first choice but bills can’t be far behind on his list. Plus he’s pretty tight with Von.

one place we know for sure he isn’t signing - Carolina 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Regardless of the player, signing another top receiver doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me right now.  The Bills clearly think Gabe Davis is ready to step into a starting role across from Diggs.  Signing OBJ essentially subverts all the development efforts that have gone into Davis.  Moreover, it uses resources that Buffalo could spend on areas of the team that are not as deep and robust as WR, or use those resources to extend players they want to keep if they'd like to continue their elite rankings in the league.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Regardless of the player, signing another top receiver doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me right now.  The Bills clearly think Gabe Davis is ready to step into a starting role across from Diggs.  Signing OBJ essentially subverts all the development efforts that have gone into Davis.  Moreover, it uses resources that Buffalo could spend on areas of the team that are not as deep and robust as WR, or use those resources to extend players they want to keep if they'd like to continue their elite rankings in the league.

This is why I said it would only make sense if late season circumstances called for it. I beont speak on the specifics of what those circumstances may be as I don’t like to put stuff like that into the atmosphere.

3 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Signing OBJ essentially subverts all the development efforts that have gone into Davis. 

OBJ will not even be ready to play again until December or more likely January, IMO.

No way he's coming back after 9 months like he did last year with the result he got.

So that would give Davis nearly a full season of runway to develop..........if he can't land the plane it wouldn't be because of some subversion of his development.

But even if they signed another WR who could play right away..........like Julio Jones.........it wouldn't necessitate Davis getting less snaps.

The more likely players to be impacted are the Bills sketchier slot receiver options in McKenzie, Crowder and Shakir.

OBJ or Julio paired with Davis on the outside and Diggs in the slot.........forcing defenses to put one of their top 2 CB's in the slot and stretch their boundary CB depth thin.........that creates matchup problems for opponents.    

It's a matchup league.

I think that needs to be the understanding at OBD.   They need receivers who are going to create mismatches.

To this point of the offseason it seems to me that there has been a little too much focus on hoping to create playmaking synergy by adding a bit more receiving talent at the thinner RB and TE spots rather than focusing on being better at the higher impact boundary receiver positions.

• Like (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.