Mass Shooting at 4th of July Parade

17 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Interesting perspective.

Seems you may be identifying some unintended consequence of the concerted effort to wring masculinity out of American society…. 

great point. Women mass shooters just don’t seem to exist. 

Women are statistically unlikely to be serial killers, mass murderers, or mass shooters compared to men.  This has been the norm for all of recorded history.  Disaffected young men with nothing going for them is not a new development either.

Whatever suits your narrative, I suppose.  

8 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

It's the great "unsaid":   some time ago society declared war on privileged White Males.  The problem is not all white males are privileged, but they have to deal with the same new framework as the actual privileged males. 

No defending the behavior at all, but there are cost/effect to actions that societies are not very good at understanding.  And the American Left is absolutely horrific at understanding...

Weird how even asian men and latino men are acting out due to the war on white men.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The lies continue.

meanwhile:

Ah yes - Bonnie's LINKED SOURCE comes from none other - JACK POSOBIEC - the known white supremacist who hangs with neo-fascists and antisemites and posts crap like this:

5.armed_.png

LOOK AT THAT TWEET??????

Your sources are AWESOME BONNIE - just awesome.

1488, right brah?

Idiots

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Do you have a point?  

Why yes.

I am surprised that I have to explain it, well maybe not too surprised because "assuming" is a big problem for several posters here.

My point.

Tiberius's post was a lie.

and then I posted the latest release from WGN news about the shooting.........for the board's information

Pretty simple.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Why yes.

I am surprised that I have to explain it, well maybe not too surprised because "assuming" is a big problem for several posters here.

My point.

Tiberius's post was a lie.

and then I posted the latest release from WGN news about the shooting.........for the board's information

Pretty simple.

You posted no evidence that Tiberius' post depicting the shooter at a Trump motorcade was a lie.  Are you suggesting Crimo didn't actually film himself cheering on the Trump motorcade?  Then you followed it up with a pic of the shooter dressed like a woman on July 4th.  What point is it that you think you've made?   

Condescending really works a lot better when coming from a place of strength rather than a place of unintelligible, non-sequiturs. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You posted no evidence that Tiberius' post depicting the shooter at a Trump motorcade was a lie.  Are you suggesting Crimo didn't actually film himself cheering on the Trump motorcade?  Then you followed it up with a pic of the shooter dressed like a woman on July 4th.  What point is it that you think you've made?   

Condescending really works a lot better when coming from a place of strength rather than a place of unintelligible, non-sequiturs. 

This is a pattern for Bonnie and the cult - they don't HAVE to provide proof.

And everyone is lying if the information isn't sponsored by his keepers, redstate or known white supremacist Jack Posobiec

We need to start taking accelerationism more seriously. 

From the article in the tweet:

And also, I want to say, like, you can’t drill this down to one specific traditional political subculture. I know a lot of people want to point out that this guy was a Donald Trump fan. He had, there were pictures of him draped in a Trump flag or, you know, at a Donald Trump, outside of a Donald Trump motorcade.

This guy, this is part of a much larger, deeper subculture that Donald Trump is in the past of, like this guy who grew up as a child, if Donald Trump was his president, he is trying to advance the accelerationism well past Donald Trump.

This guy is part of a new wave of terror, and that’s something that we have to get our brains around right now. This is not, this is not tied to one guy. This is tied to a much larger cell of people who think they’re loners, who are really acting in concert to express their disaffection with the world by murdering a bunch of people. We have to stop that. I don’t know how to stop that. The one thing that you can stop it at the very end is the gun parts. But we have to at least, you know, try to start to learn how people are getting to this point.

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Interesting perspective.

Seems you may be identifying some unintended consequence of the concerted effort to wring masculinity out of American society…. 

I know that’s a popular talking point. But I don’t see it. Look at these creeps. Was

there any “masculinity” there to wring out of them? If anything, society is more accepting of the offbeat, non-traditionally male kid than its ever been. I’ve not been a big fan of the social critics who go in the opposite direction, blaming everything on a “hypermasculinized” society, but their argument seems to fit the data points a lot better. These are troubled, misfit kids who don’t fit the typical boy stereotype, who go out of their way to prove their “masculinity” by emulating first-person shooter video game male role models. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

5 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

To a suggestion, just a direction that even a pres has pushed. I would be concerned about the 4 ex mil. Ptsd?

Then how does one deal with gun proliferation at family events. There are no Wyatt Earps, Matt Dillions types. We now have cops who put 60 shots into an man who was unarmed. I think that is proof that all the training, psychology clearance,  etc cannot work. 8 trained professionals over reacted and panic. That is 8...not 1 young green cop, 8 trained experienced cops, who could not control their mental state.

A president pushed to arm all teachers? Dang I would love to see where anyone has says that because you must be room temperature IQ to say that. As for for PTSD I am very ok with additional training of people who want to have a gun on campus but I doubt the people who spent 8 years in Germany have much PTSD. Lastly as for the kid who shot at the cops and then was shot 60 times I will leave you with my favorite sheriff from the next county over- https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/wbna15012086

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

A president pushed to arm all teachers? Dang I would love to see where anyone has says that because you must be room temperature IQ to say that. As for for PTSD I am very ok with additional training of people who want to have a gun on campus but I doubt the people who spent 8 years in Germany have much PTSD. Lastly as for the kid who shot at the cops and then was shot 60 times I will leave you with my favorite sheriff from the next county over- https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/wbna15012086

Its not just PTSD.  Vets have already been trained for a very different mission.  

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2018/10/15/police-with-military-experience-more-likely-to-shoot

Our police are not supposed to be handing out sentencing in the streets.  I won't lose any sleep over this latest instance but there is nothing to feel all warm and fuzzy about.

• Like (+1) 1

In all seriousness, how does everyone see this all playing out?  (As in, the future of the USA.)

I moved away 17 years ago, and feel like I've been watching this slow motion train-crash from afar.

It seems like no one wants to try to get along or compromise for the "common good" of America anymore.  

How do you all honestly feel about the future of America?

4 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

In all seriousness, how does everyone see this all playing out?  (As in, the future of the USA.)

I moved away 17 years ago, and feel like I've been watching this slow motion train-crash from afar.

It seems like no one wants to try to get along or compromise for the "common good" of America anymore.  

Things have become so polarized that I don't have any faith that real solutions are politically feasible.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

The concept of “being a citizen” started to die in ….oh…..somewhere around Jan 1981….and now seems lost….

38 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I’m good….thanks for asking. I’m still here. Although if Madonna and the dude from Green Day threaten to leave again I may have rethink my long term plan. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Its not just PTSD.  Vets have already been trained for a very different mission.  

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2018/10/15/police-with-military-experience-more-likely-to-shoot

Our police are not supposed to be handing out sentencing in the streets.  I won't lose any sleep over this latest instance but there is nothing to feel all warm and fuzzy about.

Do we have lots of stories of prior military shooting up places of work? There is no reason to believe that an ex soldier will suddenly go all crazy simply because he has a gun nearby, I am not sure how you are more concerned about this problem then the problem we actually have of random psychos shooting innocents.

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

Thank you for your responses to my question.  

I find this very interesting, so will start a new thread asking this question.

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

That's society right now.  

It's collapsing.  You can see the signs of this everywhere.  

As social norms are cast aside by libs that think we have 67 genders and you aren't accountable for anything - except Trump everything is his fault and because of him - this is just the beginning.  

You can only mock rugged individualism, liberty, and the country's Founding principles for so long before it begins to crumble.  And the epicenter of where these norms are going to the trash is our schools.  

Greatness and success in life is not the focus there anymore.  Everything is diversity and America sucks.  They have lowered standards, they have gotten rid of tests and higher standards for those tests, and they even want to scrap the SAT.  These kids are lost.  This Spotify rapper shooter - that's what these kids want to be.  Famous on Instagram or You Tube.

What a mess.  

Never vote Democrat.    

Post of the Year 🏆

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1