Recap of what the media is telling you about the J6 hearings. Aka liars telling you more lies about what liars are saying on capitol hill..

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

When do you suppose they're going to reveal that they have proof that Trump planned for people to enter the Capitol?  Another month or so?

That’s a good question. I haven’t been able to follow today’s hearing closely but they have testimony that he wanted the metal detectors removed from the capital. 

The point I was trying to make is that saying people should do something peacefully doesn’t negate all other actions taken to increase the likelihood of violence. People keep posting that quote like it’s a magic spell that prevents any culpability.

All of that being said, the attack on the Capitol is not the only crime that they are looking into. Even if they find no link between Trump and the attackers, they have already exposed that he committed other crimes in the lead up to Jan 6th. 

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

I haven't been following these... watching it now... is this a one sided affair or is there rebuttal at any point?

So far it’s just the people who will testify under oath. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

That’s a good question. I haven’t been able to follow today’s hearing closely but they have testimony that he wanted the metal detectors removed from the capital. 

The point I was trying to make is that saying people should do something peacefully doesn’t negate all other actions taken to increase the likelihood of violence. People keep posting that quote like it’s a magic spell that prevents any culpability.

All of that being said, the attack on the Capitol is not the only crime that they are looking into. Even if they find no link between Trump and the attackers, they have already exposed that he committed other crimes in the lead up to Jan 6th.

Yeah it’s a great question. Care to place a wager on if it ever comes out?

But the shift to “other crimes” tells me what I need to know. And why I’m not high. 

And yes, I knew the point you were trying to make.  Here’s the thing though: you admitted you planned on robbing the bank. 

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

But the shift to “other crimes” tells me what I need to know. And why I’m not high. 

And yes, I knew the point you were trying to make.  Here’s the thing though: you admitted you planned on robbing the bank. 

The seriousness of the allegation is where the magic happens.   Remember, it's not that long ago that a ginned up allegation of collusion resulted in a ginned up allegation of obstruction and both lead to nothing.  That nothing was something debated regardless of which side of the debate you were on.  As everyone knows, something isn't nothing, usually, but if that something ends up actually being nothing, that's something altogether different. 

Our differences, Doc, binds us.  I am surprised I have to tell you this. 

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

Looking into one potential crime and finding various other crimes is not a “shift”

17 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The seriousness of the allegation is where the magic happens.   Remember, it's not that long ago that a ginned up allegation of collusion resulted in a ginned up allegation of obstruction and both lead to nothing.  That nothing was something debated regardless of which side of the debate you were on.  As everyone knows, something isn't nothing, usually, but if that something ends up actually being nothing, that's something altogether different. 

Our differences, Doc, binds us.  I am surprised I have to tell you this. 

Wow, that's...something.

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Looking into one potential crime and finding various other crimes is not a “shift”

We shall see.  And we'll see what comes of these other "crimes."  

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

I planned to enter the Capitol  with my buddies. And we went to the Capitol, and I said “go into the Capitol” and then they went in and I didn't. 

Therefore, I am not guilty of anything. 

Just like Ray Epps, right?

9 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I must have missed his speech on the Ellipse. 

Funny because I've heard Trumps speech at the ellipse and he asked/told exactly zero people to enter the Capitol.

Ray Epps asked hundreds if not thousands of people over two days to enter the Capitol. But thats just fine....

:lol:

7 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Funny because I've heard Trumps speech at the ellipse and he asked/told exactly zero people to enter the Capitol.

Ray Epps asked hundreds if not thousands of people over two days to enter the Capitol. But thats just fine....

:lol:

This guy?

Just two days after the attack, when Mr. Epps saw himself on a list of suspects from Jan. 6, he called an F.B.I. tip line and told investigators that he had tried to calm Mr. Samsel down when they spoke, according to three people who have heard a recording of the call. Mr. Epps went on to say that he explained to Mr. Samsel that the police outside the building were merely doing their jobs, the people said.

Then in late January of last year, in an interview with the F.B.I., Mr. Samsel said much the same thing, telling investigators that a man he did not know came up to him at the barricades and suggested he relax, according to a recording of the interview obtained by The New York Times.

“He came up to me and he said, ‘Dude’ — his entire words were, ‘Relax, the cops are doing their job,’” Mr. Samsel said.

• Thank you (+1) 1